(See All?) Announcements
760 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

Nut Job — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah, you’ve accidentally dug up the cache of a squirrel instead one of your own!
turn your face towards the sun

Her anxiety had eased some with the growth of the children and the gradual absence of coyotes. The pups were now just shy of the height of adult members and had enough energy to outrun anything that might prove problematic for long enough to summon an adult. It didn't mean she was sleeping any better, but at least she was eating properly again. She hummed to herself as she wandered back from the borders, only stopping when she thought to check on the levels of a nearby cache.

As though to back up her wandering thoughts, her stomach gave an audible growl, and her lip pulled as she tried to contain a grin and silent chuckle. She was not so ravenous as to be mistaken for pregnant again, but she was not shy about making up for the weeks she had been too stressed to eat. Spotting the marker tree, she absentmindedly set to work. Had she thought to confirm with her nose, she would have realised she was one tree over from where she was meant to be. It wasn't until the contents rolled and clacked beneath her paws that she finally paid attention to just what she was digging up.

Nuts?

Angry chittering erupted overhead, a ginger streak flying down the trunk of the tree and throwing itself towards her face. Treyah tried to pull her head back into her neck in her surprise but she was no turtle and the angry squirrel landed squarely on her face, small claws digging into her cheeks as it continued to chatter and chirp, its speedy, jerky movements leaving her vision obscured. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'll put them back! Just get off my face please!"

Let the shadows fall behind you