Bing, Google

No means Yes in grasshopper language — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Morganna, a grasshopper jumps on your nose. - @Jenessa
This is my kingdom come

It wouldn't be a lie to say Morganna had retreated to the meadow to escape the chaos of the children. At least out here, in the sun, she could sprawl out and relax without Sedna's relentless tugging on her tail and chants of "Mum, mum, mummy, maaaa, I'm bored ma! I'm hungry ma! let's go fishing ma!" Of course, she loved her children and niece and nephew, and even SeeJay dearly, but sometimes, the Archer needed to be greedy. She needed me time, and now that the coyotes had seemingly retreated, she was happy to take the chance to lap it up.

Distant chirping had alerted her to the small swarm of grasshoppers, their white noise suddenly interrupted by light, youthful steps. Concealed in the grass as she was she carefully rolled to her stomach, expecting Sedna or Vareth to come charging through the long grass at any moment to pounce on her. What hit her instead was small, and brown with tiny flecks of green. The leader went cross-eyed for a moment trying to figure out just what had made her seem like a good place to take refuge... and then she heard it...

this is my kingdom come
Played by Alice who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
feel free to have her catch morg, or land flat on her face
Jenny had trotted off, again. There was just to much to see and do to sit around with her tail curled nicely around her side. Ma had been pretty content to sit around and do nothing, or to go about her daily routine soooo slowly. But not Jenny, they were cut from entirely different cloth, their only similarity being their bright yellow eyes. That was fine though, Jenny was just fine with who she was, mischief and all she was golden!

Speaking of mischief, lo and behold Jenny was up to no good.

After launching herself at Vareth by the Marsh the Selwyn had quickly decided that she liked a bit of rough and tumble. Trickery was all well and good but more often than not it took preparation and sometimes that was just too much effort for Jenny. Sometimes she wanted satisfaction right there and then. She lived for the moment and so didn't even to stop to think that pouncing on a stranger, one that was bigger and stronger than her no less, was a bad idea. Eh, she wouldn't have been worried anyway. Who could resist her charms? No one, probably

She inched closer, her footfalls slow and calculated. Jenny was ready to spring into action, to grab the strangers ear and tuuuug but then- her ears flicked forward at the sound of chirping. It was different from the general chorus that filled the meadow, it was closer. So close she could almost- Jenny leapt out, her ears perked as a massive grin tugged at her lips. They were distracted, the time to strike was now!
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9d88.gif]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
This is my kingdom come

Her attention was diverted and she found herself momentarily stunned. It was Odin's scent that came charging through the high meadow grass, not Sedna or Vareth's, but the child that launched itself at her face was far too small to be her oldest son. She squinted her eyes against the impact, dark fur filling her vision, a lip pulling back in her confusion before she managed to free her head and squint at the dark child, her mind already knowing the answers before she dared to ask them. "Watchit," she warned, attempting a sterm expression but failing to keep a smirk from the corner of her mouth. "Where's yer da, huh?" because it seemed that there was only one consistent scent on her fur and it wasn't that of a female.

She was going to kill him.

this is my kingdom come
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
Jenny had no intentions of watching it. Behaving, being a good girl was so.....meh. Where was the fun in playing fair? Instead she grinned and wriggled her butt, her eyes focused on the grasshopper that was now bouncing around between their paws. It was so tiny and yet her first instinct was to lean down and eat it, cronch! She'd eaten a bug before and it hadn't tasted very good though, so she let it hop for now. Standing straight, her tail continued to swish and sway behind her. Oh wasn't she such a pretty picture?

"Somewhere." Which was true enough. She'd slipped away a few hours prior, no doubt he was trying to sniff her down now. Or maybe he was waiting to see if she'd return of her own free will, after all Odin wasn't much of a helicopter dad. "Who are you?"

Because the woman certainly seemed familiar, in a weird sort of uncanny way. Like she knew her somehow, from somewhere. The Selwyn tipped her head to the side as she took in the sight of the browny lady, her eyes were kind of peachy like her Dad's- and speaking of, she seemed to know him? Why else would she have mentioned him rather than her mother? It was all rather strange, a mystery she was determined to get to the bottom of one way or another.
(This post was last modified: Oct 14, 2018, 03:48 PM by Jenessa.)
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
This is my kingdom come

She was very much reminded of her own children when the response she received was somewhere. A smirk pulled at the corner of her mouth, though she knew she shouldn't be encouraging the behaviour by laughing, it was difficult to keep a straight face. As to who she was, she battled for a moment over whether to tell the truth, she could be anyone in this moment, a scary monster wolf that ate puppies for lunch, or even, she supposed, something more benign.

Perhaps the truth would be best, given the circumstances, after all, she didn't want the girl running off on her own straight away. "I'm Morganna, what's yer name?" She turned back on the child, wondering just when her son might finally show his shameless face. Imagine, finding out like this.

this is my kingdom come
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

"Jenny!" She was quick to offer up her name, perhaps a little to quick, but what did it matter? "Or maybe Nessie, dad calls me that."

Either worked for the rambunctious Selwyn, she wasn't going to complain.

Honestly though, she didn't know what to make of this Morganna. She seemed nice, but not the sort she could trick so easily. Her eyes were bright and clever, and that smile of hers hinted that perhaps they were cut from the same cloth. Good, Jenny had a few partners of crime her age but she didn't have any older co-conspirators, this could easily be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Or a match made in hell.

"You live near here?" She tipped her head to the side, eyes wide and earnest. The grasshopper hipped and hoped about and once again was the pup tempted to squash it with her paw.

(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2018, 07:20 PM by Jenessa.)
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
This is my kingdom come

Nessie huh? She liked that one. She was a sharp child, and when asked if she lived near here, she offered a nod, "Yeah, over there, near th' lagoon. We even got a monster in there, wanna see?" She offered with a conspiratorial little grin. She supposed they might have been heading that way anyway and maybe that would give the game away, or maybe not. The distant sound of approaching steps suddenly stopping dead made her wonder if perhaps the errant father had finally caught up to his wayward daughter. "Where were yer off'ter anyway? What's yer home like?" She figured small talk was the easier way to convince her son she hadn't heard him.

this is my kingdom come