Adora, Nia, Google

I wanna dance the tango with chance — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
For Kana <3
i crashed my car into the bridge

Percy could taste blood from where she had been chewing on her cheek. She couldn't keep avoiding the rest of the pack forever, though it had been working just fine for her so far. She needed to get herself out of this rut she'd landed in. She wasn't big enough to be a guardian, not social enough to be a scout, and while her hunting ability was adequate, she found she had far more luck scavenging, but it often presented her with more than just meat, which had set her on her current train of thought.

So here she was, picking her way towards the shallows for once, instead of away from them. He should be around here somewhere... Ah, there. "Hey, old man," She smirked, turning @Askan's old nickname for her father against him, "Y' got a minute?"

i watched, i let it burn
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Askan rolled his eyes. From atop his rocky throne he could tell that something was up, Percy very rarely sought him out unless she needed something from him. Which was fine, for the most part he was happy to provide. He claimed he didn't play favourites here-and he'd never admit to doing otherwise- but he'd always had a soft spot for the fire bird. It was just how things had worked out, no changing it now.

"Hey pest." He returned, his words equally as smarmy. Clambering to his feet, he bowed down into a stretch before he hopped down from his pedestal. Only when he stood before he did he continue. "Yeah, probably. What do you want?"

Did she feel like going on yet another soul seeking journey? Like Hawth? Maybe, he knew that the Avalon did still suffer from headaches and memory loss. But would wandering off even help, wouldn't her problems just follow her wherever she went? Running away was a tempting option, one Askan had indulged in, but he was older and wiser now. There was no other place he wanted to be and maybe selfishly, he wanted Percy to feel the same way.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon

It wasn't difficult to talk to Kana, just like it wasn't difficult to talk to Remington. Their voices didn't lance through Percy's brain and make her want to lash out with teeth, but maybe there was something to help with that, she just hadn't figured it out yet. "When I got lost, I ended up in a pack with a healer for a bit... and I've been thinking..." She expected some quip about that being terribly dangerous, or a low muttered watch out so she pulled a face for good measure, scrunching up her muzzle and poking out her tongue, whether it came or not. She was sure he was thinking it same as she was. "Don't the Surge have a healer? I kinda... want to learn."

i watched, i let it burn
[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan sniggered, thinking most certainly wasn't her forte. Before he could even say as much she shot him a look, almost like she knew what he'd been about to say. Was he that easy of a read? Or was it simply that she knew him so damn well? Askan liked to think it was the latter, but honestly it could be a bit from column a and b.

"They do, yeah. Lachesis is the best healer I know, helped me when...well, you know." He shrugged, very much unwilling talk about that. "He leads the Surge, I'm sure he'd be fine with it."

Lach was a good guy, patient. And the fact that he had children of his own made it seem as though he wouldn't mind passing on his knowledge to those who were interested in the healing arts. Askan had learnt a little from Pete but it hadn't really stuck, he had no idea what plants would make you poop or would get rid of pain. Either way, Lach was the man to ask.

"Might do you some good to get out." He nudged her then, a jovial little shove with his shoulder. "You even know what the sun looks like anymore?"

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon

It was a relief that Askan didn't seem to question her reluctance to learn from their own healer, it wasn't that she didn't have faith in his abilities, but there were probably some things he didn't know that another healer might, and if there was an opportunity to pick up something to cover the gaps, she'd rather go about it that way, and yeah, the prospect of sunshine was a plus. "Y'fuckin' think? All it ever seems t' do around here is rain, not that y' can see the sky through the trees anywhere else." She punctuated her griping with a sigh and a roll of her eyes, the tug of a smile at the corner of her mouth only serving to give away that it really didn't bother her as much as she was verbally making out.

"I suppose it'll be tricky for whatserface t' challenge if I'm not around t' answer it. Ya can jus' give it to her if she comes lookin' while I'm gone, unless yer'd rather I track 'er down before headin' out? Doesn't change anythin'." though she still couldn't quite wrap her head around why it would matter to anyone else. Then the possibility dawned on her and she crinkled her muzzle, teeth still covered, like she had just smelled something bad, like another one of the strangers that seemed to be heavy in the air. But it couldn't be that, so she smirked. "Only whelps I'll be chasin' come spring are ones I plan on eatin'." She chuckled, but was only half joking.

i watched, i let it burn
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan's smile was wry. Was he the only one around here who didn't mind a bit of rain? It was leagues better than the alternative, he'd take rain over sweltering heat any day. Any damn fucking day.

"You're beggining to sound like Reyes." He chuffed, his eyes alight with amusement. It wasn't a bad thing per se, but the Selwyn was awfully biased.  You know, for reasons he was unwilling to divulge to any tom, dick or harry.

And then she directed the conversation in another direction, he couldn't say he was surprised. He knew that Rem and Percy gossiped like there was no tomorrow, which he couldn't really fault them for. Askan indulged in it from time to time, he just wasn't going to admit as much. He was never going to willingly give Percy ammo to use against him, not if he knew what was good for him.

"I can let the cow know, yeah." At least him and Percy were on the same page, though they pretty much had always been. More or less. "I should fucking hope so." He leaned forward and nipped at her ear, a playful gesture with not even a hint of aggression. See? He could be nice. "The world doesn't need more Avalons, it would bring on the end of times."

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon

She couldn't contain a snort when Askan called the other girl a cow but then she instantly felt a wave of guilt. She didn't have anything against her, hadn't even really interacted with her enough to know her name and hell, she was pulling her weight with work and as far as looking after the rest of the members. It was what had her thinking it'd be ok to step down to her. Besides, she hadn't fucked up yet that the Avalon had managed to catch, and if she did, well Percy and Remington were more than willing and capable of keeping her in check between them. Percy wasn't able to do crowds, and wasn't that something someone in her position should be able to manage?

When Askan addressed her comment about eating whelps with shots fired at her own potential to bare offspring the expression on her face could only be summed up as one that silently screamed Yikes but it was quickly replaced with a smirk. "Not that I'm plannin' on it, like, ever, but if I did it's not like I'd let 'em have any other name though, is it." Her head tilted in a pondering fashion, even though the thought clearly made her nauseous. "Nope, only one solution, can't happen. It's fucked sometimes, but I don't mind livin'... y'know, when it's quiet and I'm not bein' screeched at. I don't reckon my poor head could take it." The whole conversation was making her uncomfortable and it showed in the slightly ill look on her face.

"Y' got any messages y' want me to pass on when I go ask?" She might as well make herself as useful as she could.

i watched, i let it burn
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Though she did well to hide it Askan couldn't help but notice the way Percy flinched. He rose a brow, as if to say 'what gives?' but opted against drawing more attention towards that clearly distasteful topic. She was quick to move on, to distance herself from whatever was bothering her. Askan wouldn't deny her that, talk of dealing with neighbours was a whole lot easier than talking about spring time shenanigans. Still, sometimes he wished she was a little more open with him. Didn't she trust him? Or was it just easier to keep it hidden, pretend as though it wasn't a big deal?

"Ask them if they know what Vigils Keep is up to." He couldn't help but sneer their name, like it was unbecoming of him to even say it. "Whether Lach still thinks if he'll need our help." There had been talk of putting Reyes' problem solving issues to use, Askan was game if he still was. Then again he'd never turn down a proper scrap.

He rolled his shoulders as he rummaged through his brain, surely he was missing something...Oh yeah!

"Oh and ask if they're still interested in a joint hunt. One of his lot mentioned it a while back, pretty sure the Old Man has forgotten by now." Askan smirked a little at that, if Percy thought he was old she'd certainly think the same of the Ghost.