(See All?) Announcements
593 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

already choking on my pride — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
Lekalta's back home... Discussed her reason for being gone with Becca prior to re-join. Please note she was gone longer than anticipated.
lekalta baranski
well my heart is gold and my hands are cold

She paced along the borders. The sun hung low in the sky, though it was early yet—with autumn, the days grew shorter and the nights longer. She had felt that more than ever the past few weeks, determined to make her way home.

Home was with Kisetra. Home was with Deacon. And while the fields did not feel like home, she owed her loyalty to Jessie, Laike and Adelayde. Her travel had meant to be quick, and this time she had taken the care to discuss it with the others before she left to Everfrost Ridge, eager to tell the wolves who had welcomed her so graciously before what had happened at her birth pack, had wanted to inform her best friends. They had not taken her presence so graciously this time, and the she-wolf bore the mark to prove so, a gaping ridge of puckered skin along her nape and shoulder, where pale honey and white fur would no longer grow.

It was healed, but she was still stiff.

Her tongue slipped over her lips, her green eyes alight as they sought any familiar form—particularly that of her daughter. Weeks had far passed, and her trip had extended far past any time she had been comfortable with. Kisetra... she would have grown so much.

It took all she had not to bound her way over the borders and find her way to her daughter and the man who had sired her. Just breathe, she murmured quietly to herself, forcing her form to flatten to the ground in assumed submission. They would find her. The wolves of the field were a vigorous bunch.

(This post was last modified: Oct 14, 2018, 11:38 PM by Lekalta.)

are you deranged like me? are you strange like me?
lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Played by Van who has 241 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???

Another wonderful thing about the Fields had been Lekalta. Her sister's being there had made the transition a lot easier, even if they hadn't seen a lot of one another in their brief time there. Ris had a niece, a psuedo-brother-in-law, and an extension of her family that she hadn't thought was possible. There were so many wolves she loved there. And now Can was officially her family, too. And, by extension, Lekalta's and Jessie's and Kisetra's.

Everything would be ideal if Lekalta would just get back.

And it seemed just at that moment, as she was padding along the borders in a sort of mini-patrol before nightfall, she caught a familiar, nostalgic scent. The girl's body wriggled in excitement and she immediately sprinted toward it, tail whipping so fast it hit her haunches on either side even as she bolted through the rye to find her.

"Leeeeeeeeeeeekaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaltaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" she called, springing boldly toward her submissive form and giving a mighty leap, forelegs outstretched to tackle her older sister and send them both tumbling like pups to the ground.

This was the best day ever.

Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon
being a bit vague per a rank challenge and apologies for his moodiness ):

He found her and hurt surged through him. She had not called. Her smaller form was pressed into the ground and his features drooped. Someone tackled her and Deacon was not sure if he wished to bother. Someone else had found her. Was he needed? He had a daughter to tend to after all. He stood on the horizon, staring for what was likely longer than appropriate.

Bitterness gnawed on his insides and laced his tongue. The large male was not sure he would have good words. Not now at least with hurt so fresh.

Slowly he moved forward, coughing slightly to announce his presence to the two females. He wished the other one was not there -- that he could have a moment with Lekalta alone -- but it seemed that wouldn't be the plan today.

(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2018, 08:05 PM by Laike.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
lekalta baranski

The breath from her lungs wooshed out long before Risaela tackled her—the screech of her name drew the she-wolf’s muzzle up sharply, and surprise lingered in her peridot gaze before amusement. It felt so good to see her sister once more, to see another who cared for her bound without any inhibitions that she held her breath for a moment, and then her younger sibling was on her in a wolfish tackle.

Her jaws playfully made to grab the girl’s ear, eager to give them a gentle tug before she nudged at the girl’s pale cheek. Ris, she sighed, her nose grazing along the girl’s fur, relieved at the familiarity of it all. God, I’ve missed you. I’m so happy you’re here.

She closed her eyes, releasing a gentle sigh. Her sister had wayward paws, trying to find her place in the world… especially after the death of their mother. With a stab of guilt, she hoped it hadn’t been a trait learned from Lekalta herself.

Opening her eyes, her guilt amassed higher. Deacon was there—a shadow against the fields of gold, and the look he directed to her was not one she had ever saw before. She rolled back upward, then, her eyes flitting along the strength of his jaw line, not truly daring to make eye contact. TDB, she greeted, wincing as her voice came out with more hesitance than the usually confident girl was used to.

Nosing at Risaela, she gave her a small smile, trying to ignore the flutter in her chest. Love you, babe, she spoke, her words lower as she went to place a kiss to the girls brow. And we’ll catch up ASAP. But mind if I have a minute alone with Deacon?

The two had always tread on a relationship they had never dared to label. With the way he looked at her now, she felt the sinking dread that her foolish trip had removed anything between the two of them.

(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2018, 01:07 AM by Lekalta.)

Played by Van who has 241 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???

{{ OOC ;; Ris is kinda just gonna observe from a distance, not interfere. She isn't within earshot, but she isn't quite ready to leave Kalta completely. }}

Her tackle hit home and Lekalta was tugging on her ears, and Ris laughed joyfully as they wrestled a bit on the ground. The two stood and Kalta nuzzled her cheek, with Ris reciprocating by bumping her head lightly against her older sibling's jaw in an affectionate gesture. She hadn't noticed the scarring yet - honestly, it probably wouldn't phase her much. The Baranski-Tainn lineage wasn't known for being much of a peaceful, steer-clear-of-fighting bunch.

"I missed you, too!" she responded, her tail thwapping against her haunches in excitement. "I'm so hap-happy you're home! Kiss is gon' be happy to see you, and-" She was cut off by the boof that sounded behind her, and turned to see dark fur against the rye behind him. At first, she thought it was Can, but realized that this wolf was too old for that, and the eyes were the complete wrong color.

Lekalta greeted Deacon and moved back to dismiss Ris for a moment, and though the girl was disappointed, she didn't want to come between them - whether they were mates or not. Besides, she would have plenty of time with Lekalta later.

With a wag of her tail, she set off, only to stop on the crest of a hill and army-crawl her way back up so she could watch the two. She didn't want the angry guy to hurt her sister.

Deacon

He waited with a stoic face for the girl to leave them alone before he even regarded Lekalta with words. Her greeting had not been missed, he was just unsure about how it had made him feel. Trudging up memories did not wash away the bitterness that had become a mountain on his chest.

With the girl finally gone and out of earshot, he crept a bit closer to Lekalta's form. "You didn't call." He whispered, disappointment and sadness were heavily laced in his tone. "I didn't think I'd just be stumbling over you upon your return. It's like you didn't even want me to know you finally came back." He dared not to look at her face, eyes traveling over her form. There were marks where there had formerly been nothing yet he did not comment on them.

"It took so long. Was it worth it?"

Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Jessie is going to butt in since this is considered her join thread. <3 Lemme know if you want this deleted.

The Rye Queen was enjoying the freedom that the Fields had to offer. The coyotes were gone and with their departure came the freedom for her members to leave the pack lands for trips and the return of prey that had been sorely lacking. The woman was doing a border run, enjoying the crisp air when a familiar scent blew towards her, along with those of Deacon and Risaela. The mother increased her pace, emerald eyes narrowing as she focused on Lekalta who had disappeared not long after her joining. Jessie had sincerely been surprised when Deacon hadn't taken their child from their fields to go looking for her but overly pleased to know that his loyalty was with his child and the Fields more than his heart - should that even be the case. The monochrome woman had come at the end of the man's interrogation and remained silent, sticking her cold gaze on the submissive woman to hear what she had to say. She had come back for a reason and if it was to rejoin the ranks, she had best come with a worthy explanation as to why she had left.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
lekalta baranski

She had never thought to consider that her absence would hurt Deacon—not at the time she had left for such a simple task. Had she known it would have stretched in to the time it had, she never would have considered it. And had she known that she had such a power over the stoical wolf’s emotions that stood before her, it never would have crossed her mind. He did not keep the disappointment from his tone, nor did he attempt to hide his sadness.

It left her in an uncomfortable place emotionally, to have her own feelings questioned. The swarthy male had been a friend when she had needed one the most—a travel companion, and another who sought what she also wanted the most: a place to call home. And yet once more, she had messed that up, and when she seen the hurt placed along his features, she could feel a tremble follow her spine, leaving her numb. There was no doubt within her that she had feelings for him, but somehow, she had only realized this during her absence.

His words, though, they confused her, and she blinked at him, giving her slender muzzle a shake. No, she began, feeling her brows knit together in a gentle frown. I didn’t want to assume any role of importance, by pulling anyone from what they were doing. I knew I would be found when one of the patrols came around, she offered, her voice low.

And more importantly… And I was scared. She finalized those words, her gaze studying him, wishing to close more of the distance between them, but giving him space, instead.

Jessie loped forward then, her stern eyes cast upon the diminutive Baranski, and she felt her ears splay back, not from just reverence of the wolves before her, but of the question the dark man asked of her. He didn’t ask her if she was okay—or why it had taken longer. Instead, the words held accusation in them, and she felt herself stiffen with it. Of course not. She spoke louder now that the Tainn woman was there, her posture remaining low in reaction to her presence. If I had known what… She cut herself off, steeling herself, clenching her jaw before snapping her eyes to study him, knowing it was Jessie’s favour she required for entrance to the pack, but needing him to know that she never would have taken this long.

She deflated then, though, at the cold look cast upon her. Nothing was worth the time I could have had with my daughter.

Deacon
received permission from van to skip ris

"Scared of what, Lekalta?" He asked, unable to edge out the firmness of his words even if concern was there. By Old Gods he wanted to be bitter and refuse to let her back into his life but how he'd be such a hypocrite. And somewhere deep down he could not ignore the concern for her well being that had bubbled up within him. They had chosen to stick together, do to something for themselves. There had been a bond neither of them had put labels on. And that had all been okay until she had decided to take that trip. As the days had ticked on, Deacon then realized he had been a fool to never attempt to label them as something more than just two wolves raising a child.

His jaw clenched tightly at the presence of another. Yet he would dare not turn Jessie away. She had more of a right to be here than him. Even in all of his confusing emotions he had realized that.

"I'm sure she thinks the same." Although he did not maintain the most emotional connection with his own daughter, he had no doubt that she had missed her mother. Who wouldn't? Even Deacon missed his dear mother despite being full grown and her long gone. He step forward and if she did not pull back, he would whisper words into her ear for her alone. "Regardless of what happens here...we need to talk after. Alone." With that he pulled back and cast his gaze upon Jessie.

(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2018, 08:38 PM by Deacon.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Jessie was not privy to Deacon and Lekalta's relationship but it certainly seemed like a lover's quarrel based on what she witessed. While she was not usually one to remain silent when meeting someone at the border, she allowed Deacon his questions. The man was still a wild card to her and Jessie wanted a better idea of how he thought. The Rye Queen could understand the Baraski's position well enough. Every day she wished she could see her children that decided to leave. It broke her heart that her children were not happy in the Rye, but at the end of the day she couldn't blame them. The same couldn't be said for the woman in front of her. After the dark man approached her and said his piece, the Rye Queen took a a step closer, looking over the woman in front of her.

"I would never keep a child from her mother," unless it was what she wanted, "but I do need to know where you've been, why it took you so long to get back, why you decided to leave in the first place." The mother's frown deepened as she continued. There was absolutely nothing that could make this any better. Lekalta had not told them where she was headed before she disappeared, which made the situation worse. But at the end of the day, Lekalta had a child, one that was forming relationships with members of the Rye pack. It would be unlawful to keep the child from seeing her mother, especially, if this time, things could be remedied.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2018, 10:38 PM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]