Google, Bing

My reputation's never been worse — Arbol Rosado 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 39 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
For @Vaken - early evening, light rain, 44.6 ° F, 7 ° C
I know i took the path that you would never want for me

The Archer had been expecting snow from the oppressive clouds, instead, the temperature had taken another climb and endless drizzle made the ground spongy underfoot. Urgh she hated the rain, especially this sort, that relentlessly worked its way between the thickening layers of her coat and stung her skin with cold prickles. She shook violently, working her way towards the tallest tree in the orchard, hoping it would offer some sort of relief from the weather. She probably would have been better off heading back to the blackberries and crawling under their low, dense branches, but she was here now.

The other disadvantage to rain was that it masked the scents of others, and she didn't realise the tree was occupied until she was already underneath it. All she could do was scowl, from this distance it looked like Nellie, and she wasn't in the mood for a lecture.

i gave you hell through all the years
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken did not want company. As soon as the lady came into view he wanted to bark and claim his area. It was clear she did not see him right away. She seemed to make herself comfortable before catching glimpse of him- something that should have warned her away. He had expected her to keep moving, but she didn’t. Instead, she seemed to glare at him as if he was the one intruding. Anger boiled up in the pit of his stomach, he could not believe his eyes. This was his spot, he had been here first. Covered in rain and clearly grumpy, the boy got up from his spot and gave three territorial barks in her direction. They rung out in the rain, clear as day. This spot is mine.

His ears were pinned to his head, dripping from the rain. He looked like a drowned rat. His long shaggy fur was straight to the ground, weighing him down. The weather was only making his attitude worse. He stretched out, trying to look as big as possible (which wasn’t very big at all) and snapped his teeth. Then, with mild annoyance, he walked over to her. “Excuse me,” he drawled. “Do I know you?” He knew the answer was a no. He did not know her, so why was she under his tree? He sat down, eagerly awaiting her response.

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
I think i smell a rat

The barking made the Archer bristle. Her head lowered as the stranger moved, orange eyes narrowing as he came closer, and finally spoke. After sizing him up, she smirked. "Dunno, but I thought you mighta been m'sister." Tilly might have gone so far as to poke out her tongue, deciding as he sat that there was minimal risk to be had with this one. "Though I wouldn' be surprised if yer've run inter someone I'm related ter, they're crawlin' all over jus' south o' here..."

She would hope the additional info would be enough to explain why she was up here instead. "So, yer gonna move over an share th' cover or what?"

walking into a trap
Hammering the nails
[Image: lFdPYfu.png]
Into a sacred coffin
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken didn’t dare instigate her further. He knew he was feminine looking, being petite in size and structure. Do I look like a girl to you seemed like a dangerous statement to make when he himself knew his form didn’t emulate masculinity. He didn’t fight her on it. The insult was oddly comical, a smirk playing onto his features. She wasn’t wrong.

He decided to leave it alone. It was obvious he wasn’t going to intimidate her away from the tree, no matter how many times he barked. He didn’t want to fight. It was wet, and cold. He was miserable enough as it was, without a new injury to add. He took a seat beside her, grunting as if to say you win. Then he turned his attention to her, searching. “You don’t look like anyone I’ve seen before,” he admitted. “What’s your name?”

Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
the battle is almost over

When the other wolf moved over she scooched a little closer, not minding coming closer if it meant it'd combat the cold bought about from the seemingly endless rain. "Tilly," She responded when he asked her name, then sat up straighter, squaring her shoulders and lifting her head ever so regally, she cleared her throat, clearly putting on airs, and took extra care to enunciate her syllables. "Matilda Archer," but she wasn't able to hold the act for too long, slipping into a fit of sniggers as she returned to a more characteristic slouch. "What about you? Yer got a name?"

but the war has just begun
Hammering the nails
Into a sacred coffin
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Matilda Archer. Not necessarily a bad name, but Vaken didn’t like it. Tilly sounded better, even though it was close sounding to silly. He pressed his lips together in quiet contemplation then nodded slowly, accepting it. He guessed it made sense. An odd name for an odd gal.

When she asked his name, he sighed. He was obligated to give it, but the words felt forced and boring on his tongue. “Vaken Svart,” he muttered. His name was just as stupid as hers, maybe worse. His last name in particular was a mouthful, rhyming with fart. Guess that was worse than silly. He sighed sadly, shaking his head. “Probably haven’t met any of my family though, I don’t have much around here.” He had Moonshadow, and her family, but that was distant relations. No one else around these parts had the last name Svart, did they?

Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
the battle is almost over

Vaken huh? A small shake of her head was offered when he said she probably hadn't met his family, "Can't say I have," She didn't have particularly strong feelings about how well someone's name suited them or didn't, so she merely went about tucking it away in her memory in case it was needed later on. Her eyes squinted against a gust of wind that blew rain into her face, and she turned her head to the side, sight falling on a burrow of some sort under a neighbouring tree.

She leaned over to bump her shoulder against his and nodded towards the opening, it was narrow, and she was probably just a bit too big to squeeze into whatever it was, but hells, it didn't look like the rain was going to let up any time soon, and she did hate being wet. "Might be worth a look, maybe we can dig out somewhere dry f' the night, y'know, unless yer worried about girl germs." She managed a smirk, it was the sort of thing her brothers would complain about in this situation, she was sure.

but the war has just begun
Hammering the nails
Into a sacred coffin
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The boy rolled his eyes, a smile twitching at the corners of his mouth. She was right, the rain seemed to not be slowing down at all. The tree wasn’t offering much sanctuary. They seemed to have two options: cozy up for the night, or sit in puddles of rainwater until morning. He huffed dramatically, raised himself to his paws and nodded in agreement. He’d start digging.

The ground was soft, covering the base of his paws in mud. He flung it up and out, aiming slightly towards Tilly. He was feeling more playful now than he had before, and dirt was one of his favourites. He was already covered in gunk and water from the sky, a little mud wouldn’t hurt. He snorted at her, trying to instigate a play fight and flung another pawful of mud.