(See All?) Announcements
607 Users Online
Google, Bing

What my mortal eyes saw. — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: I hope this is okay for assumed interaction @Vaken ! If anything is off, do let me know. Can be back or forward dated to where ever you want.

Today's training was done. Garmir had to admit Vaken was impressively quick learner. Whatever he lacked in strenght he surely met with wit and speed, even taking Garmir by surprise during practice. Had they been actually using fang and claw on one another, Garmir might have suffered grippling injury. He had not said a word - but in his own way Garmir was praising the boy.

The earthen male felt he was getting close to his student although he wasn't sure if Vaken fully trusted him, least not blindly. Garmir had not repeated the earlier trust exercise where he had shown his neck to the young man. In time - he assured himself - Vaken would trust him, or perhaps trust himself enough.

He felt it was important to have these.. bonding moments after training to clear all the tension. Even if none of the growls, snarls and bites were real, it was easy to get emotional during practice. Best to make sure no grudges remained. He settled down and nodded at Vaken to do the same. A brief pause, allowing a moment of calm before Garmir got into stories again, this time through a question. "Do you believe in Gods.. or higher power, Vaken?" -He asked, judging from his smile and tilt of his head he propably did not believe such things himself. Still, Garmir never asked anything without reason so he was propably getting somewhere with this.

Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Panting, physically exerted and limp- Vaken collapsed beside Garmir. He sprawled himself out, laying on his side in a cat-like way. He rotated his ankles, stretching the muscles as they let out little pops. He was a young wolf, but he felt old now. His mentor knew how to work him. His stomach raised with each laboured breath he took, his tongue lolling against the cold ground. He tried to relax all the muscles in his body, sinking into the floor like a muddy puddle. He had never worked so hard in his life. His mentor’s words were background noise, white noise while the yearling tried to recover his strength. 

It took him a second to realize Garmir had asked a question. The boy was expected to respond. He fumbled for a moment, twitching his ears. Higher power? He lifted his head up curiously, then succumbed to weakness and placed it back on the floor. The boy couldn’t see Garmir’s expression, only his brown paws. "No." The words were straight-forward enough. It wasn’t a deep question for the boy, comically obvious. He did not believe in anything after death. It was never something he considered much at all, it felt foolish to. One day he would rot like everything else.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2018, 01:05 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Tulip Silver Peaks mentioned.

Vaken seemed certain about gods or lack of them in this case. The answer came so bluntly, Garmir turned his head towards the boy and chuckled. He wasn't really believer himself - least not in gods, but he did have spiritual side, more believing in ancestors and minor spirits of sort. "Me neither." - he murmured, his tone sounding bit like he was approving Vaken's answer.

He looked forward again and then gave a sigh. He really wondered what might become of them two. Vaken sure felt like.. little brother or son he never had. If fate existed, perhaps this was what he as meant to do. Pass forward what he knew to Vaken and perhaps others that came after. "I met a god once, though." -He continued all of sudden, contradicting what he had just said moments ago. Perhaps he was again speaking in metaphors. "I was... not even a year old. We were visiting all the lesser packs - so that we would know their scent and they would know ours. They had to know each and every Guardian from our pack both by name and scent and thus we trainees would make a visit to all fourteen of them through the fall before winter." -Garmir continued with the story. He had told Vaken bits of his former pack, the sheer size of it and way it dominated the region, how it was structured to maintain such large numbers - but details like these were not among those bits.

He tilted his head slightly towards Vaken to see if the boy was listening - and to read what he thought of the story. "One of these packs was little different than the rest. Silver Peak Mountain pack. Word was it.. they worshipped a living god..." -he revealed further, his words turning into a whispers and his tone going darker towards the end. Garmir had peculiar look on his face, expression he did not often wear. Disgust, perhaps even hint of fear.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Garmir’s approval, even slight, was satisfying. The boy didn’t show it. His expression was blank while he watched Garmir’s laugh, but it meant something to him. He looked away, but the image stayed with him. It was only when the mentor mentioned a god that the yearling refocused. At first, he thought the man was joking. Gods weren’t real, and if they were you wouldn’t just meet them. He waited for Garmir to laugh, to say the punchline, but it didn’t arrive. Garmir was being serious. He had been younger than Vaken when it happened, still a pup. Silver Peak Mountain was a real place, they had worshipped a living god. The boy felt bile raise up in his throat.

There was no way. Vaken refused to believe it. His face contorted in disbelief, his eyes narrowing skeptically. “Sounds like they just had a real jackass leader,” he scoffed. It just made more sense. If a group of wolves started calling Vaken a god, he probably wouldn’t correct them either. That didn’t make him a god. The coldness of Garmir’s tone shushed him up though, his eyes softening in curiosity. Vaken was learning more about Garmir everyday. One thing he knew for sure: Garmir wasn’t a liar. That made his words even more frightening. He believed what he was saying, it was the truth. The discomfort in his stomach grew, tossing and turning. He wasn’t going to throw up, but he readjusted subtly, trying to steady his nerves out. A living god?

Stuff like that just didn’t happen, or it shouldn’t. It felt unnatural. The yearling couldn’t imagine following the rules of anyone, let alone otherworldly being. A pack following the word of a living god? He pressed his lips tightly in a line and shook his head. “Did you meet it?”

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Sorry for delay :C

"Yes... I saw it" -Garmir asnwered with a faint voice, his gaze looking ahead into nowhere particular as if lost in thought. He had been very young back then, but it had been a scene he'd never forget. So strange it was. "It was the weirdest thing I have seen. As if... " -He tried to explain but found it difficult to put what he felt into words. "..as if everyone was under a spell of some kind.."

Of course that did not say much at all what kind of God Garmir had met. He knew he had not given much of an answer to Vaken and thus he sought to explain. "First thing you notice this God does not seem to be very much alive at all. They worship their first leader - whom died four... now propably five generations ago. He is still their leader and they all - and I mean all - believe it. And then you are supposed to talk to him. It was so weird.." -Garmir murmured, shaking his head lightly as he said it. In this case the 'God' wasn't the strangest thing, but how pack acted around it. Garmir did not believe he had seen god, just as he has earlier mentioned, but if a pack of wolves worshipped someone that long after one's death, whomever the first leader of Silver Peaks was had to be one hellava mighty wolf.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

OOC: no rush!!! I totally understand <3 :)

Wow. The yearling blinked slowly, letting the words float around in his brain. It was a hard concept to grasp. An entire pack worshipping the body of a former leader, speaking to him after death for generations. It didn’t make sense. Vaken was a clever wolf, but this? He couldn’t figure it out. It was a hard pill to swallow. A dead leader- a living god, that wasn’t living any longer. How was that even possible? That wolf must have really done some stuff in his day. It was unfathomable. What could he have done to deserve such honour? If it could be called that. There had to have been a lot involved. He couldn’t quite wrap his head around it, stumbling for the right words. “Ya think that pack’s still out there?”

It was a scary thing to wonder. It was borderline horrifying, the fur along his back standing up. He didn’t mean to ask for many questions during Garmir’s story, but he couldn’t help it. The words spilled out. He wasn’t sure he wanted an answer, the goosebumps along his body rising higher. He couldn’t stop from asking- he needed to know. He scooted closer subconsciously, seeking warmth and reassurance. It was a very pup-like gesture, but he didn’t notice it. He was thinking to much to realize his body was now pressed against Garmir’s.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Phone post. Potential typos ^^

Garmir could sense how his words put Vaken on edge. Truth be told, thinking about corpse worshipping pack did feel unsettling even for him. Of all the fourteen lesser packs, Silver Peak wolves were most bizarre punch of the loosely stitched together alliance. They were also the most stable. "I don't see why they would not be." -he answered plainly.

Garmir did notice how Vaken was leaning on him. It irked him the slightest, being not used to closeness not since Anaeia -hugs from Treyah discounted naturally. He did not retreat from it however but endured. "Legend says he was mighty Wolf in his youth and in his late years wise and powerful. So much so that when death came to finally claim him, he fought for his soul and won. Now he guards not only his own life but lives of those he favors. It is.. interesting concept for what I understand.." Garmir explained, ending his words into a thoughtful hum.

Despite not being fan of closeness he learned into Vaken to relax and try to make himself comfortable. In his view If he allowed himself to get used to this, it would eventually begin to dull his senses and lower his alertness. Forming bond with Vaken was more important however so it was sacrifice he could make.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Fight death and win? The idea was unsettling. It was impossible, you couldn’t challenge death, could you? Unconsciously his eyes narrowed in wistful consideration. If that was real, how would you do it? Could Vaken do it? Almost as soon as his mentor was speaking, the boy was mapping out a plan. He was an ambitious, greedy yearling and the temptation of being a living god was too good to pass up. Rather than focus on the fear, the unnatural disturbance of animal law, he was considering how it could be done again.

It was clearly not Garmir’s intent to put the thought into Vaken’s head so he attempted to conceal the desire brewing in his eyes. He wanted power. “Very interesting,” he added quietly, his nose gently touching the dirt on the ground briefly. It was cold and hard, causing him to flinch back and place it on his warm paws.

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2018, 01:32 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

"Of course, I think they are just crazy." -He murmured, shrugging off what he had said just moments ago. It was a catchy story but he did not believe word of it. Silver peaks however not to be underestimated even if they were insane. There was method to their madness. "Believe it or not, their God is the least strangest thing about the pack. I never felt easy around them." -he admitted to his apprentice, showing even he could feel vulnurable sometimes.

Vaken surely had questions. If he wanted to ask, Garmir would be willing to provide what he knew. They could also talk about something else, or just get some rest - right now it was up to the boy to decide. Garmir had noticed how Vaken was improving, fast - so much so that he rarely had to teach his apprentice anything twice. Come spring, Vaken might be good enough for Garmir to practice with and learn something new himself. The thought of that put a little smile to corner of his maw.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: feel free to fade with your reply :)

Garmir’s words stopped Vaken’s thoughts dead in their tracks. It was just a story, wasn’t it? As odd as it all seemed, the yearling had not experienced it firsthand. All he had was his mentor’s words. While it was unsettling, the idea of such a pack seemed too far away to be a threat. Sure, they were real. Sure, Garmir had met these people and watched their behaviour, but now? Who knew where they were. It seemed possible that their idiocy had killed them all, destroyed the pack. The fear that came along with the unfamiliar wasn’t strong to the boy. He kept his face on his front paws, eyes glancing up at the sky periodically. He let the quietness consume the pair of wolves, his breathing even softer than usual. “I hope I never meet any of them,” he grunted, breaking the silence with his harsh words.

“I don’t think we’d get along.” He rolled over onto his side, bonking his head on the ground.