269 Users Online
Bing, Google, Adelard, Chan, Finley, Apollo

hear me out — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nams who has 36 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark
@Askan only - near the border of SE <3

So, rockabye baby, rockabye I'm gonna rock you Rockabye baby, don't you cry Somebody's got you

Oh, the princess had done it now. She was sure to be grounded for at least a month when she wasn’t home in time for bed not once but twice. Her parents allowed her more freedom to move around now that she was a little older, but she was certain that freedom was not granted to go on such a long journey. In her defense, she’d gotten lost, and when trying to find her way home, she appeared to have gotten more lost than before. She frowned, huffing as she stomped on the dirt around her. How did she get home?

She continued onward, trying to find her way back towards the Surge territory… her nose sniffing around as the scent of other wolves hit her nose. Oh no. She recognized the strength of the scent because of the borders of the Surge… but this definitely wasn’t the Surge which meant it was a different pack! At least she hadn’t crossed it, right? Mom and Dad were soooo going to kill her for this! Well, not kill… but she was definitely grounded.

“Stoopid rain!” She pouted, remembering the thunderstorms that had swept through that had led to this situation to begin with. She would have been able to find her way back to the Surge had it not been for the rain.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

It wasn't everyday that Askan found a pup hanging around his near his borders. Had he been Reyes he would have no doubt tried to scoop the kid up and claim her as his own. But Askan was a little less scoopy and more inclined to figure out who she was, where she came from and send her back off on her merry way. They already had moody boy Lance, did they really need another?

The rain pitter-pattered against Askan's spine as he strode forward and made his presence known with a typical, gruff boof. Her appearance granted few clues as to who she was, tawny coat and blue eyes? She could have belonged to anyone. The same however, couldn't be said of her scent. Even with the rain dampening his senses he could make out the telltale, crisp scent of the Surge. It seemed only natural to assume she was one of Lach's spawn, after all who else would have had a litter that year? Lach would have likely tried to eat the loins of anyone who tried, as was his right.

Askan didn't mind the rain, but the kid was soaked through to the bone. He could see why she thought rain was stupid, even if she was being a bit over dramatic.

"You lost?"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

SO, ROCKABYE BABY, ROCKABYE I'M GONNA ROCK YOU ROCKABYE BABY, DON'T YOU CRY SOMEBODY'S GOT YOU

She heard a voice asking if she was lost and instantly she turned her head, ears flattening for a moment before she realized it was another wolf and he didn’t look all that mean. She nodded vigorously. “Ma told me ta be back by sundown yesterday but it started rainin’ n’Ah got lost.” She explained softly with a frown, a shiver running down her spine as she shook at her fur, little droplets flying off her fur, though she was still a little too far away for them to hit the strange man.

“Who you?” She asked bluntly, her head tipping to the side as a confused eyes looked upon the man. She didn’t recognize him, or the scent he carried… he definitely wasn’t a Surge wolf, but she already knew she was far away from the surge… she didn’t need anyone to tell her that. “Where dis?” She wasn't sure if she should be bold, curious, or afraid of the man in front of her, but by the gods she was gonna find out.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Her Ma? Lach's lady friend, baby mumma? Probably, he couldn't imagine it to be otherwise, Lach was nothing but a massive sap. The girl seemed a bit sheepish about the whole affair, as to which Askan shrugged as though to say 'it happens'. If this was the furthest she'd wondered from the Surge then he wasn't surprised that her adventure had gone a bit awry. Lord knows that Askan had his sisters had gotten lost a time or two when they were young.

"Askan Selwyn, I lead the pack here. Your dad never mentioned me?" His nose wrinkled at the thought, was he that forgettable? Charming.

Though if he hadn't Askan supposed it couldn't be helped, when he saw him next he'd no doubt bitch his ear off. It certainly wasn't the girls fault, nor did he have any intentions of taking it out on her. He supposed that she took after her mother, he felt sort of silly that he hadn't noticed the similarities at first, but it didn't matter enough for him to throw a tantrum about it. As long as no one knew of his blunder he'd be fine.

Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

SO, ROCKABYE BABY, ROCKABYE I'M GONNA ROCK YOU ROCKABYE BABY, DON'T YOU CRY SOMEBODY'S GOT YOU

Asscan! She knew that name! Of course papa had mentioned him, called him a… what was that word..? “UNCLE ASSCAN!?” Of course, her speech still could develop a little more, like being able to say his name correctly… but at least it was sort of close. “F’course mama n’papa mentioned you!” Him and Uncle Reyass too! That meant this must be Shallows Edge… see, she did listen to her parents sometimes.

Wait… wait just a gosh darn second…

If this was the Edge, and this was Uncle Asscan, then that meant that he would know how to get her back to the Surge! Or at the very least, he could point her in the right direction. “D’ya know how ta get me back home?” She asked, looking around – she was worried about how worried her parents would be with her being gone for so long… plus she was hungry because her hunting abilities were still less than satisfactory – she was still awkward on her paws and while she was improving, it wasn’t enough to catch actual food.

(This post was last modified: Oct 16, 2018, 12:42 AM by Makvala.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan blinked rapidly, blown away by the sudden outburst. He was an uncle? Huh?? Surely that meant that Lachesis considered him to be a brother of sorts, the thought made his chest feel all weird, tight and warm in a way he didn't want to think about too much. What a weird situation he'd found himself in, not a bad one of course but odd nonetheless. Like a motley family reunion, with a bit of rain just to make it all the more memorable.

"Yeah that's me, I guess." Her pronunciation was sloppy but he bit back the urge to correct her, not yet. "And duh, you want to head off right now or rest up a little?"

Askan didn't mind either way but he thought @Reyes might like to say hello, even if only to scratch his weird pup itch. The rain was starting to let up some, the downpour was slowly subsiding, hopefully it would clear up by the time the pup hit the road. Seeing as she was Lach's though he was a little less reluctant to shoo her off like he had with that random pup he'd found the other day. If anything happened to her on the way back it would be his fault, and considering how many solids Lach had done him in the past it did seem like a bit of a dick move...