(See All?) Announcements
293 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Baidu, Google

fox in the hen house — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Wesley

While Wes wasnt too keen on being bidden to anyone other than Kilter, he was bored and tired of wandering. Nothing fruitful had come of it, and so he knew the next step: start making connections. What better way to do that than joining a pack? Rather than meander any further North for what may or may not exist that way, he decided to play it safe and backtrack to the pack he'd noticed before when coming up from South of Relic Lore. It had been in a curious, interesting location; a burned out strip of forest. The damage was old, new growth peaking through, but maybe this pack had been around long enough to live through the decimation. Maybe they had some stories to impart, if not any meatier, more useful information.

Dropping the pair of pheasants he had acquired, along with a bare blackberry branch and a glittering stone taken from a mountainous ledge, he worked his jaw muscles some while standing at a distance from the first marker he had picked up on. It had been a lot to stuff in his mouth, but hopefully they would serve their purpose; a little glimpse into the skills he was willing to offer. It had be customary back home, and hopefully was up here as well.

Once the ache had left his lips and gums, he tilted his head and sent out a howl, requesting an audience.

@Treyah @Draven

Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh

Draven thought he had settled in okay as being both the pack’s male lead and their only healer, but it was exhausting work. His herb gathering had had to take a back seat to his alpha duties and as the days grew shorter and the nights colder he couldn’t help but worry. Most of the herbs they might need over the winter would have had to be gathered, dried and stored by now since the first frost had hit and that meant they would have to get by on what they had. There were exceptions sure, certain evergreens that were always plentiful but for the most part the gathering part of his job was done.

In fact, he was staring into the infirmary fretting over it’s lack of supplies when a call rose over the Draw. At first he almost ignored it, it was calling for an alpha. Then, the lightbulb metaphorically went off over his head, this might have been the first call for alphas since he had taken the position and that meant they were calling for him. Stumbling clumsily out of the den in surprise he briefly glanced around to see if his - erm, co-parent was in the immediate area. Coming up empty he lifted his muzzle to the sky and sent out a howl of his own to alert both Treyah and the caller that he was on his way.

Arriving on the scene a minute or two later he looked over the dark furred, medium yearling and the presents at his paws. Draven wasn’t really sure what to do from here, as he had no experience with this so he just shuffled on his paws and hoped Treyah would arrive soon. When she wasn’t immediately on the scene he cleared his throat and said, ”Draven Leigh of Charred Ash Draw, what do you - sorry, what can I do for you rather?” Great. This was going well.

[Image: draven-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Wesley

It was a moment before anyone arrived. Wes's blue eyes raised only to take in who he'd be speaking with, before lowering respectfully away fro the other man. There was a pause and he thought maybe something was already wrong; had he still been watching the alpha, he would've noticed the uncertainty in his demeanor. As it was, the other wolf spoke up in a pleasant enough tone, even as he had to correct himself.

Charred Ash Draw, quite the fitting name. Packs round here were rather literal with that, he was noticing.

"I'm Wesley, and I'm looking to join a pack. Thought it'd be fun out on my own. It isn't. I've got skills, though; I can hunt like any good wolf, but I'm built for scouting," he then nosed the branch and stone, showing them to Draven, "from the blackberry fields up north, and the mountainside along the way. Proof, of sorts. Wasn't too sure what to bring for sayin' I'm good at gettin' a move on."