(See All?) Announcements
541 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia

My Heart's Grave — Vigils Keep 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 216 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
For @Aytigin only. Set right after Yuka's conversation with Nineva here.

The meeting had been a disaster, meant to bring the pack together but only further tearing it and his family apart in the process. Yuka felt physically sick, having just spoken with his sister about what he could do to make up for his betrayal. At the time, he thought he had been doing Aytigin and Nineva right by waiting this out, but he could see now that he had chosen a side and it was not the one he had sworn to protect and serve. The Thorben felt as if he'd made up his mind, Nineva's request fresh in his mind. He only had one thing left that needed to be done before they went off.

As soon as he left his sister to collect herself, the creamy russet-hued man set out to find the dark, handsome man that weaved his way into his life. With each step that Aytigin's scent became stronger, Yuka could feel his throat constricting and for the first time in what felt like forever, the Thorben was desperate for some form of control. When he finally spotted the dark man, he had to swallow to moisten his throat. Yuka's voice was soft when he finally spoke, "Aytigin...I have to go." A deep frown was on the Left Hand's lips and there was a slift indent between his eyebrows, the only indication that he was upset.

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
// @Yuka - sorry this took so long to get to!

So much for trying. But that was a theme throughout Aytigin’s life, it seemed. Try, try, try, and get nothing in return. It was almost funny, in a way. A very sad way. He supposed that was going to be his life - constantly working toward goals and never actually succeeding at any of them.

At least he had Adarius now. At least he had someone to care for and protect. Someone to focus on that wasn’t himself.

Yuka wasn’t going to be coming with them. That much he knew. Because romantic relationships - loving others and being loved by them - were doomed to fail, in Ayti’s experience. There was no future there...

As much as he wanted there to be.

Tired hazel eyes turned to fix on Yuka as he approached. The dark wolf’s shoulders were sagging in defeat, his ears pressed backward and his tail limp between his legs.

”I knew you’d say that,” he said with a bitter smile, though he wasn’t angry. It just hurt. ”Sorry I got her mad at you.”
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

It was pathetic really, the slouched man in front of him with his tail between his legs and ears pressed against his head. It would be easy to beat any wolf into submission that already felt so defeated, but the only thing Yuka felt was a slight pain in his chest that he couldn't identify and he definitely didn't like it. Amber teal-flecked eyes glared at the ground in front of him, demanding some kind of answer as to why this kind of crap didn't work out for him in the end. Furious eyes - mostly with himself - turned up at the dark handsome man, "It's not your fault, its mine. I lied to her. It was stupid, I'm stupid." Bad, bad, bad, bad. He could feel his heart start to pound harder and he took a moment to close his eyes and focus on his breathing before he opened them to look back at Aytigin.

"I should have just told her what you planned from the beginning," he grumbled. Still, he was not angry with the dark man, because he had done what he intended, told Nineva of what he planned to do, maybe not at the best time but he had stuck true to his word. It was Yuka that was in the wrong this time and it was a circle of trust that he had sworn never to break.

Thank you TABs
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
”You didn’t lie to her if she didn’t ask,” Ayti said simply, brows furrowed. He didn’t understand that mentality. Withholding truth, if one was not questioned about it, was certainly not lying. Now if she had asked, that was another story. But the younger wolf was pretty sure no one had asked _Is Ayti planning to challenge me for leadership?_

It was ridiculous that they were so angry.

He sighed through his nose and shrugged his good shoulder. ”You didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t do anything wrong, either,” he said softly. ”Neither of us had bad intentions. And I admitted I didn’t go about the challenging thing in the best way, but under the circumstances I didn’t feel right letting someone who was so hysterical run the pack.” It would’ve ended in disaster. ”I was actually really hoping, even though I know it was a stupid pipe dream, that you and I might lead the pack someday,” he admitted quietly.

They might never see each other again. He might as well say what he wanted.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

He remained silent when Aytigin countered his claim, because still, in a way, he had lied. While Nineva had not asked him directly about the dark man's intentions, she had made it clear that his role in the pack was to keep everyone in line and to keep her informed. The handsome man was just driving the stake deeper into his heart.

Amber teal-flecked eyes staredat the dark man as he explained himself, nothing that Yuka needed. As Aytigin reached the end of his little speech, the Thorben felt his heart surge and he wasn't quite sure if it was for the right reasons. He took his head at the man in front of him, maybe one day, but it surely wouldn't end well, it never did for him. The man's voice was deep when he spoke, "You wouldn't want me leading with you, I'd end up killing someone." It was meant as a joke, to lighten the severity of what was going on, but there was a hint of seriousness behind it all. He was quiet for a moment, before moving closer only daring to touch Aytigin briefly on the shoulder before pulling away, "I'm not mad at you. I hope you know that." He couldn't remember a time in his life feeling more down in the dumps and like he had no purpose in life. Yuka knew that he had much to make up to his sister but so much just seemed pointless.

He swallowed at continued, "Are you planning on staying here, in the Lore, I mean?" His heart was beating a little bit faster now. A part of him wanted Aytigin to say no, that there was no chance of him staying after everything that happened. The other part screamed and hoped that he'd pop up at some part of the lore in the future because it meant that there was hope for something after this major screw-up.

Thank you TABs