328 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine, Apollo

spooky spooky — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
@Emmaline

RE: A pile of bones turns up near your cache, but your stores have gone untouched. Who left it there? (both Vaken and Em)

when I'm bad I'm better

It was getting late. The days were shorter and the wind was colder. The air was covered in a thick layer of fog, misty rain falling from the sky. It wasn’t a lot, but enough to make the tips of the boy’s fur wet. It was a typical autumn night and Vaken wanted shelter. There weren’t too many options. He could find a tree with foliage left and sleep beneath the leaves, but that wouldn’t stop all the light rain from reaching him. He sighed.

He could smell meat in the air. It was fresh and heavy, wafting into his nostrils. It was a tempting scent, enough to make his stomach growl. Now he was conflicted. He could continue to hunt for shelter, or he could investigate the meal. If he was clever enough, he may be able to steal it. He was confident in his abilities to loot, but the danger would be too big if the predator was larger than him. He’d never steal from a bear or wild cat. Another wolf though? It was worth the risk.

Following the scent, he considered the possibilities. He wasn’t just going to jump into a situation he couldn’t protect himself in, but he was getting hungry now. Creeping towards the scent, he tried to keep himself hidden.

Played by Hawthorn who has 35 posts.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Requesting a fight. PM your response and we will get on with it. :)
Thanks, sorry I did not get it up, I'm lazy. XD Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy was tired from a long day of hunting, her food stores were starting to run low, and prey was beginning to run slower than usual, she had spent the past few days filling her stocks, trying to prepare for the winter and to do what she could to make sure there was more food for Willow Ridge if they should need it. She smiled and kept walking towards her den, eager to stash the rabbit that hung like a wet piece of moss from her jaws into her den, but as she approached, she remembered the bones and frowned.

These bones were not like any others she had seen, but were large enough to belong to an Elk, however nothing could be certain as all scent had been washed away from them when she found them, they were laying just outside her den when she woke from a sleep one day and stumbled out and stepped on them, no explanation or anything.

But by now it was of little consequence, she had made her peace with them and was fine to let them be there, not trouble to her and might make a nice chew toy on a rainy day come to think of it.

When she arrived at her den, she could see a wolf that was slightly smaller than her trying to get at her food, immediately she sat down her rabbit and shouted as she ran forward... "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?!?!?!?!?" He had better give a good explanation and fast...
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The yearling had experienced his fair share of bad luck. He had learned to expect it, plan for the worst case scenario. When the female barged forward, he planted his feet and straightened his core, preparing for the impact. He had no intention of running away. He knew he had no right to her cache, but it didn’t matter. He wasn’t going to back down from a fight, especially when he didn’t have much time to think.

He responded with a sharp snarl, a warning to threaten her away. He had fought so much lately, it was second nature. His body moved quicker than he did. He flexed the muscles in his legs, trying to turn himself into stone before she made impact. He didn’t want to lose his balance. He was bad at keeping himself on all fours. He was lucky she wasn’t a beast of a wolf, merely a few pounds more than himself, shorter in height. They were fairly evenly matched. He didn’t count his blessings yet, puffing out his chest and biting at the air in front of him. He didn’t dare reply, keeping his lips sealed tightly while he challenged dominance. He was prepared for her attack.

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
First attack. Bit of PP if your cool with that. Thoughts. Speech.

So the male was unwilling to talk, and seemed perfectly fine with having his throat ripped to shreds. "FINE BY ME!" The girl shouted as she ran towards the male, teeth bared in the best snarl she could muster, she threw her entire body at him as she tried to grab the side of his neck and pin him to the ground.

As the girl closed, she was startled by a sudden sidestep by the male and failed to react as he grabbed her leg in his mouth and yanked her to the ground. She groaned with the pain and proceeded to try to twist her body free...
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: a lil power play is fine!

fight 2/5

when I'm bad I'm better

The yearling had been overly prepared for her attack. She had been slower than him, unprepared in comparison. She aimed for his throat, an ambitious move. It was easily dodged from a toss of his head and sidestep, her fangs grabbing nothing but air. Her eagerness gave him the beginning advantage- the first hit. When she fell into him, he snapped like a cobra. He reached out for her back leg with his sharp fangs. His grip wasn't strong enough to break skin or permanently mangle, but it knocked her off balance. That was all he needed.

His training with Garmir made him more confident than usual, too confident. His smugness was a weakness. He stepped away momentarily while she was on the ground, filling the air with victorious barks and threatening growls. He was already celebrating. The fight wasn't over yet, but he wanted her to get on her feet. "Come on," he instigated, beckoning her to try again. "Is that all you got?" He tensed his body eagerly, watching carefully for her to get up and attack again.

Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Fight 3/5 She's going for his shoulder. Any issues or edits you want me to make? Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy struggled for a few moments, trying to break free from the male's grip, she was sure he was going to try to go for her neck next, she kept writhing around in random and chaotic movements trying to make her throat hard to pin down while she thought about how to fight back.... "BITE HIS NOSE WHEN HE COMES IN CLOSE!!!" She thought, eyes wide with panic. She was ready for an attack from him, and found herself flabbergasted as he let go and stepped back, shouting taunts and insults at her.

Emmy was not even relived, just happy that she would have an opportunity to see the expression on the male's face as she tore it apart. She knew she would have to be quick, so she turned to her left side at a normal speed like she was attacking from one side before using her legs to throw her body the right and jump up, she turned and sprang at this man, she snarled at him through the air and when her mouth met his shoulder, she felt the satisfying squelch of her teeth meeting the rippling flesh of the man's shoulder, she pulled a minute and kept locked on, sure she was winning the fight.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: nope! Everything is going fine :) fight 4/5

when I'm bad I'm better

The boy yelped out in pain, flaring his nostrils at the harsh sensation. She had grabbed a fair amount of flesh to yank around, sending a jolt through his body. Her teeth sunk into his flesh, but didn't tear any out. It wasn't a deadly attack, but it certainly caught him off guard. He reacted quickly, pushing her back. She was a smaller wolf too, which certainly helped. He knew that he needed to get her pinned, or hurt her enough to submit.

The scruffy man lurched forward again, aiming his teeth at her throat. He wasn't playing anymore. His teeth sunk into the side of her neck (not hitting her throat- but trying) and clenched down.

(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2019, 04:09 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Fight 5/5 Sorry I'm late on my response! Thoughts. Speech.

The pain that the male caused her as he sunk his teeth into her neck was almost unbearable, the fiery sensation ran through her like a red hot knife, from throat to shoulder. She howled with the agony and began to feel her limbs getting weaker, as she started sinking slowly to the ground, she struggled against him, thrashing her feet and jaws, trying to knock him off balance, but nothing worked, his grip still held her like the vice it was, and she felt helpless.

After a few moments of fighting it, she finally managed to wrench just enough of her neck free to speak... "I SUBMIT! I SUBMIT!" She huffed out through her labored breaths, she then began to let herself go limp, and sank the rest of the way to the hard packed earth, her heart beating as though driven by a hummingbird's wings. She waited for him to let go, if he decided not to kill her that is.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: no problem! Fade after your post?

when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken let the female go reluctantly. He had never intended to kill her. Her submission was reward enough, the boy backing up with his head down. He was half expecting her to attack again- as if she was just trying to trick him. He kept his eyes on her, prepared for anything. He tried to catch his breath, his breathing heavy and rigid. "Get out of here," he snarled through his clenched teeth. He wasn't going to help her up. He was still pumped full of adrenaline, focused on keeping himself safe.

He wasn't going to turn his back on her until she was gone. He gave her enough room to stand, slowly inching away. He didn't want to move too quickly. "Go!"