(See All?) Announcements
416 Users Online
Apollo, Google, Adelard

the horizon tries but it's just not as kind on the eyes — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
private for @Aleister only, set oct. 7th shortly after this thread on the south side of the lake so this would still be in effect; re: torrential rain has caused flooding in certain areas. pp approved by arya.

With that taken care of to the best of her ability, Nineva had left to brave the cascading rain and make her way back to her daughter who was, hopefully, right where she'd left her; warm and dry. Soaked nearly to the bone, the rattle in her chest was acting up, but she fought down the coughing and wheezing. This sickness would not come back; it had done enough damage.

Shadows moved before her, too large to belong to the forest's usual array of critters and too near to be larger prey. It was a wolf, and once his face became clear, she recognized him. Aleister. She supposed she owed him a conversation as well, had certainly not done enough to better know him back when the pack had been somewhat stable. Nineva could say she'd been busy, but she wouldn't accept that as an excuse for herself.

He was quiet, clearly beholden only to Neha, but that didn't mean he was without his own thoughts on this all, nor his own personality.

"Aleister. How are you?"

It was apparent by tone that she did not mean it as a pleasantry; she genuinely wanted to know, with everything that had happened, how the Vuesain was holding up.

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain

Down pouring rain couldn't stop the ghostly nomad from returning to his sibling after his short trip to find something warm and fresh to eat for the two of them. The Vuesain male had been successful in his endeavor, a plump hare hanging from his bloody jaws as he strolled through the forest back to the den he normally shared with Neha.

From a distance he could hear a disturbance within his path, a clear distressed cough from what had to be a wolf. His mismatched gaze quickly caught the sight of her monochrome body as they crossed paths. Aleister hadn't seen her since the explosive meeting, like most of the other Keep wolves that seemed to have sought keep to themselves. Or it may have been just Aleister.

Part of him hoped they could just quickly greet once another move on, he has never been the social type. However, he wouldn't brush her off tonight, not with everything that has happened to her. She was one of the few wolves he respected.

I'll survive. He answered after dropping the hate down at his feet as they closed the distance between each other, his mismatched gaze looking over her form briefly. How are you holding up is the better question?

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2018, 11:40 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

Aleister was quick to deflect the question back onto her. The better question he called it, but she doubted she was suffering anymore than the rest of them. They had all lost something, all had their beliefs questioned and their trusts challenged. It was considerate, though; showed he at least didn't harbor any ill feelings toward her, unless he was simply choosing to hide them. If anything, she'd at least gathered a caring group of individuals. Nineva smiled, small but genuine.

"I'm getting along," she answered truthfully, always honest no matter how small the talk.

"I know you aren't big on talking, but I feel bad I didn't give more of my time for you. Maybe that's something I can fix, going forward. Regardless, I'd like you to know, I'm... so happy Neha has you. She deserves so much better than she's gotten."

Nineva still didn't know what it was that had stolen her childhood friend's light, but the girl she'd known still had to live inside of her. There was so much Neha Vuesain could still be if given the opportunity, and so much good she had already done whether she saw it or not.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain

Ebony lips twitched at her smile, he couldn't remember the last time anyone really smiled within the Keep with everything that has happened. A dark cloud loomed over the lake wolves as each of them seemed to try to sort through the decisions that have to be made. Whether or not to stay and attempt to keep the Keep alive or follow their founder in her search for Elias. Aleister would be relieved if Neha told him of her intentions of leaving. The nomad disliked the cage that fell around him when they joined the monochrome woman. However, if it was for Neha, he'd figure out how to manage.

And so he did. Quenching his wanderlust when he could, always returning quickly to not make Neha fret over his absence. She always understood, never judging his needs. Nineva seemed to understand him if only slightly, it was enough for him. She shouldn't feel bad for not giving her attention to him, he didnt care much for pack politics so he generally avoided anyone that could possibly subject him to it. Their relationship was a two way street and he never chose to walk down it either.

At her mentioning of his older sibling, his lips curled slightly to reveal a somber smirk at her compliment. I'm a far cry from what she truly deserves, but as long as I can help her in anyway I'll be by her side. She doesnt deserve to ever be alone.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]