speaking like I'm bigger than my body — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
@Tulip

OOC: sorry it took so long!

when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken was feeling more confident in himself with each passing day, no longer fearing the winter like he had before. He was determined more than ever to survive it as a lone wolf. It would be difficult, he knew that- but possible. His strut showed it more than anything. His head raised higher than before, tail lifted. Each step was radiated unspoken belief in himself. His training with Garmir had certainly helped, along with his most recent won battles. He was nearly two years old, no longer a teenager. He was setting goals for himself. It burned like a fire deep in the pit of his stomach, motivating him to keep moving.

He had no interest in eating blackberries, but hopeful the area would draw in smaller creatures gathering for winter. There was very little left on the fields. The fall had killed most of the flora in the area, leaves falling to the ground. There had been inconsistent, light snowfall the past few days. Nothing heavy, but enough to freeze the edges on bushes and trees. There was not much for the prey to gather for hibernation. He was not incredibly disappointed, he had suspected as much. He stopped walking to sniff at the ground, searching for any interesting scents to follow. He was not very hungry, but he knew he needed to gain weight for winter. Any piece of meat would help him survive the harsh cold. He could smell faint rabbit on the breeze, but who knew how long ago it had crossed paths. He grunted and then straightened up his posture again, beginning to move. His feet rustled against the leaves on the ground, crunching a few twigs beneath his small paws. He’d have to hunt somewhere else.

Played by WildFlower who has 134 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
(It's okay, sorry I took a bit to reply. My apologizing for my writing being rusty.)

Making it this far had not been an easy task let alone timely. The female had taken her time to stop and rest along the way, travelling both during the day and night. She slept in odd places where she felt hidden and safe, her tiny size making it easier to slip into tight spaces. She took every opportunity to roll in this and that to mask her natural scent. Oh boy did she smell fresh. Her stench wasn't pleasant up close but farther back one might mistake it for prey that had passed through awhile back.

At the current moment she had the mix of rotten berries amongst her shadowy pelt. She laid hidden beneath the barren brush, nibbling on the sticks to ease her desperate hunger pains. Her meals of the past few days had consisted of anything and everything she could find- scraps of rotten meat, bark, sticks, leaves, anything. She was hungry and weak. Her little body was exerted and she had even considered making a snack of her ear. OF course she wouldn't do that though! But it was there...just dangling in her face...and she was hungry...but that was more than disgusting...

Tulip's lemon eyes averted towards the movement not to far off, her body hunkering down. She hoped the approaching stranger would miss her...
[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken had seen some wolves in some pretty rough shape. Before his father’s death, Nashoba had looked quite sickly. He had seen wounded infections, mange, starving loners. The small black-furred female gave them all a run for their money. It was hard to miss her, especially when the yearling was hunting. He had already been on high alert, his nose lifted in the breeze when he caught a whiff. His eyes darted in her direction automatically, narrowed before opening in alarm. This was not his sort of deal. He wasn’t the emphatic kind. He had no knowledge of medical herbs, not even basic knowledge on cleaning infections. The idea of hunting for someone else, especially a stranger was not an appealing one. He froze, body tense and unsure.

He would sleep fine at night without helping. He could leave without batting an eye, but still he hesitated. It had nothing to do with easing his conscience and everything to do with morbid curiosity. He was torn between himself. He had no intention of hurting her, what would be the use? But he didn’t plan on going out of his way to help. His only option was to inquire or leave. Doubtfully, almost as if not completely sold on the idea, he approached. He couldn’t resist. He had not met too many ill wolves in his life, and clearly something had happened to this one, but what? “Rough day huh?”

Probably a poorly timed joke, but ice breakers weren’t Vaken’s strong suit either. The words came out dry and blunt, sharply cutting the quietness of the air. He sat his butt down a few feet from her with a solid thunk and grinned. He didn’t want to threaten her, he knew sick wolves were aggressive wolves. Fear was a good motivator. He was small and straggly, not a huge spooky-wolf trait, but it didn’t help to lower his tail and relax his posture. “My name’s Vaken- I’m not gonna kill you.” It was probably best just to throw it out there. He tilted his head, and as a second-thought added softly: “death might be better than this, but it isn’t my job.” He moved his eyes slowly across the woman’s body. “I can see your ribs.”

(This post was last modified: Nov 09, 2018, 10:41 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by WildFlower who has 134 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
He didn't overlook her though and she felt her body flatten to the ground completely, her body shaking like a leaf. The day girl's dark lips peeled back to show her teeth nervously. Her tongue slipped between her front teeth repeatedly. Her tail was tucked tightly underneath her. Lemon eyes were wide and avoidant of his glance. They narrowed as he began to speak, her single ear moving forward with suspicious curiosity. "Yes" she replied bluntly in her gruffy under used voice. Tulip was very unsure of this male and his motives, but knew she was fully a this mercy in this state- whatever he may of been here for.

As the male sat down she slowly lifted herself to match his stance, her small frame for once not overshadowed. Realizing how close in height they were she furrowed her brows. Why was he so small? She had met a few shorter females, but not males. Wolves around their height weren't all that common after all. She looked him over, sized him up, then slowly started to smile. He really wasn't that threatening. He looked young and his long legs suggested to her that he might still be growing. His array of colors had a blonde to it that gave the illusion of an extra fluffy pelt in her opinion. Honestly he really wasn't threatening and his odd choice of words during his rambling made him seem more friend than foe.

Honestly she hadn't noticed how boney she looked until he made the comment. She looked down at her side, evaluating the damage. She lingered on her scars longer than her frailness. A deep lengthy sigh came from her before she turned back to tell him, "Call me Scar" It was very unoriginal, but fitting. She knew it probably didn't pass off as a real name, but a nickname, surely he'd let it slide. "Rather live." Her dark tail started thudding softly, still rigid. Her body was tense but the female was attempting to socialize with the stranger on mutual terms.
[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The name Scar was a strange one, an unflattering name. It seemed kind of cruel to refer to her as such. He tossed it around in his head for a second, wondering if he should prod for more information or not. He couldn’t help without it, but it seemed out of his control. “Nice to meet you Scar,” he accepted finally. He wasn’t going to go out of his way to help. If she asked for it, he’d deal with it then. He flicked his ear at the wind, uncertain on how to continue. He had already gotten himself involved. He wasn’t just going to leave. He wasn’t evil, just a little selfish and dry. “Are you going to be okay?”

The word okay could mean a lot of things. The slowness of his tone and emphasis made it apparent he was asking if she was going to die. Even though she said she wanted to live, her motivation didn’t seem to be doing much. Will-power could only get you so far. He sniffed at the air, searching for any helpful scents. It seemed like wishful thinking, but maybe there’d be leftover kill somewhere. He’d help her get some food in her stomach, then move along. The sound of rustling and smell of rabbit filled his senses, drawing his attention to the tree a few feet away. He glanced at Scar with a concentrated expression, his eyebrow lifting up to question if she was interested. He wasn’t going to go on a serious hunt to help her. He survived off small kill most of the time himself. This was something though, a small act of kindness. It wouldn’t be a lot of food, but he could catch her something if she needed it. Throw her a bone. “Hungry?”

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]