377 Users Online
Bing, Oleander, Juniper, Apollo, Google

I'm not trying to bug you, babe — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
@Kajika

It should have been no surprise that her paws led them to Poison Path, a familiar place just outside of the Cove. She lightly brushed against her shoulder. Promise not to take anything I say personally? She questioned with ease as her grungy yellow eye locked onto his features. It had taken her courage to even decide to share her thoughts and for once, she wasn't doing any of this out of selfishness or even with a vengeance to take something. No. She had promised to look over the wellbeing of everyone and she was attempting to do just that.

No one had ever said she was the most tactful or graceful creature though.

Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Once they were out of the cove he let her lead them to a place she wanted to talk. They soon found their way to poison path, it was a good place to have a private conversation. He was thankful the coyotes were gone so they wouldn't be disturbed. His amber eyes fell on her as she brushed against his shoulder. He became a little worried when she requested he didn't take anything personally but he still nodded, “Promise. You'll do the same for me?” He didn't know what she wanted to say but he felt it best to have the same promise from her.

The last thing he wanted was hard feelings between them because either of them had taken things personally. The dark alpha wanted them to work together to make things in the pack better.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

It was, admittedly, hard to promise him the same thing and so she felt a bit foolish for making him promise such. Nonetheless, she lightly nodded her head. Of course. Because fair was fair. If she played by his rules perhaps she'd have the best go at this proposition. Only perhaps.

Have you ever considered...moving? She questioned, no malice or harshness in her voice for once. A mountain is a treacherous place despite its beauty to those who live on it. I just think it might be a deterrent for most, especially those who might be seeking a home or alliance. She had intended to become a scout and now...well, now she was a leader of a pack. However permanent or temporary that may be. While she reigned there would still be decisions that needed to be made, big and small.

(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2018, 08:46 PM by Birtie.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika felt that starting the conversation on common ground was for the best. He felt it would be more successful if they were in the same place so when she promised his tail gave a quick wag. “Thank you,” he said grateful that she had been agreeable to the promise.

He let her speak first so he could get a better idea of what she was thinking. She went right into it, moving the pack. Kajika sat back on his haunches to listen to her reasons ’s which he felt were reasonable concerns. “I have considered it a few times in the past,” he admitted, “I haven't really talked with anyone about it before though,” he added before pausing and looking down at his paws in thought for a moment. “You think this would be best for the pack?” he asked bringing his amber gaze back up to meet hers. Kajika could see how it could be good for everyone but he wanted to hear her thoughts.

(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2018, 09:10 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

There was no sting to his words and she found herself...relieved when he said he had considered it before, just simply hadn't said anything. The question caused her brows to furrow softly. I'm not going to say it would be the best thing for the pack but admittedly, I think it would be a step in the right direction. Look at her, with all of her diplomatic words and air. Granted Birtie felt it would serve her best to keep everything calm and collected. Why have you considered it before? What were your reasons? The Parlow leader questioned with genuine curiosity. Had the reasons changed or were they still the same?

She mimicked his position and reclined into a sitting pose. Perhaps this would be one of their more civil conversations. Which was honestly a bit of a relief to her even if she was the fuse to most of their heated talks.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Having Birtie mention moving the pack brought some relevance to his previous thoughts. It caused him to think that maybe it was worth considering again. He did however have some concerns but those could be discussed during their conversation.

He wanted to know her reasons, perhaps they were the same as his. She could also have ones he hadn't even considered, he wouldn't know until they spoke about them. Firstly he wanted to know if she thought this was the best thing for the pack. He felt it was realistic of her to not know for sure, even he couldn't be sure. Something about what she said however intrigued him, “What do you think is the right direction for the pack?” He asked wondering if she had something specific in mind.

Since she had shared some of her reasons he obliged her when she asked about his. “I've thought it might be good for the pack after the tragedies we've suffered here on the mountain. Give them a chance to start fresh where we aren't haunted by the past. It's pretty isolated here on the mountain and the terrain is harder on those who aren't used to it so moving might make it easier to find members and keep them.” He took a breath and gave Birtie the chance to speak.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

It's a work in progress, the best thing. I don't want to...upspur any drama so I'm consulting things with you as they come to me. Her shoulders shrugged softly. The process of even getting here had been rough, she had no plans to ruin things now that she was sitting on the throne. She wondered if this would nullify the deal she had made with Moonshadow. It would be a relief honestly. Birtie had been a smidge dishonest when she accepted the deal and a way around it would help things be smoother going forth. The Parlow woman craved stability and reliability. She did not like temporary fixes.

She listened with interest as Kajika spoke. I think we're on the same page. I'm also considering other...future plans. Children and such. Birtie elaborated briefly before her face grew warm. Awkward. She hadn't intended to discuss children already when this year hadn't gone as planned but...well, it was out there now. I think for future children, ours or not, it would be better to raise them somewhere safer. Not so many rough spots or drop-offs. Along with everything else you stated, of course.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

As she continued to speak Kajika found that he was rather pleased with her goals. She didn't want any drama and neither did he but most of all he was pleased that she was sharing with him. This would make it easier for them to work together for the betterment of the pack. “A work in progress is fine, things can change so quickly that some plans are hard to solidify. I appreciate you speaking with me as things come to you.” All Kajika could ask for was as someone leading next to him that he could discuss things with and come to an agreement.

When he'd finished speaking she spoke stating that she thought they were on the same page. This gave his previous thoughts more validation but there was something else that she brought up, the children. “I have thought about them too,” he admitted. Since becoming a father the safety of his children had been more on his mind. He also recognized the possibility of more in the future. That was something that needed to be considered as well. “I agree the mountain can be very dangerous for pups. We've gotten lucky this year that nothings happened but there's no guarantee that next year will go as smoothly.” He had also taken note of her talking about their future litters which he thought he should take a moment to address, “Are you wanting to have a litter next year?”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Lucky was a flexible word. Birtie would not consider them entirely lucky but she supposed it could have gone a hell of a lot worse. The question settled like a weight on her shoulders though. She had not given it much though, truth be told. It had always been a fleeting sort of thought. I...don't know. The Parlow woman admitted as her gaze settled on her partner's features. It depends. If our numbers are still this small come spring, I might pass out of better judgment. I'd wish for any future litters to be just ours but I suppose that might be a bit of an unreasonable order. Her jaw clenched slightly and she bit her cheek so she wouldn't say anything that might come out as rude. Birtie knew that Kajika and Moonshadow were close so she walked the line of what to say with caution.

She stayed silent and waited for his thoughts on the matter and if he might have any other questions.