372 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo

The day we never wanted to come — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
@Daesamar @Nymphnora

The time had come with things not improving in the tarn Cheedo had made her decision. Now all that was left to do was tell the remaining members. She knew this was for the best with the weather getting worse she needed to give her subordinates the chance to find something better to get them through the winter. She couldn't continue with the false hopes any longer.

Making her way down to the edge of the water she looked around the place that had been her home for the past months. It seemed she wasn't ever able to keep a home for very long. Slowly she raised her head to call a regretful song to her pack mates. One that asked them to join her by the water. There she would give the news of her decision and hope that they would be okay.

Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar sat atop one of his favorite rocks, lounging around after a long and nearly unsuccessful hunt. His lungs still burned from the effort but it had been worth it and a small content smile rested on the yearling’s muzzle. He paused when he heard the sudden, sadden howl take to the air, his ears perked and he jerked his head upward. It sounded like Cheedo, and it sounded bad. His first thought was Nymphnora, had something happened to her? Or CHeedo herself?

He wasted no time in scrambling off of the snow-covered stone in haste. Landing on the ground with a soft thump he raced off toward the direction of the call. Eventually, the Tarn’s edge came into view and Daesamar quickly looked around, there wasn’t a body of a broken packmate laying around and he sighed inwardly in relief. His fears alleviated in that regard. Slowing down to a walk he paused at his leader’s side. {b}“You called ma’am?”{b}
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
So sorry! She went inactive!
When Nymphnora heard Cheedo's beautiful, yet tired voice, she ran towards it immediately. The situation in the pack was so dire that it was vital to know every scrap of information.

She was still the last to arrive, noticing that Daes was already there. "Hey," she greeted him quietly, as she walked over to sit beside him. The atmosphere was grim and sorrowful. She could guess what this was about. She turned nervous eyes towards the white-streaked boy. He had told her one night that he would stay with her after the pack disintegrated. Would he follow up on his promise? She hoped so, desperately longed for his friendly company. She looked back at Cheedo, waiting for the words that would destroy any hope of the pack's survival.
Nymphnora is currently traveling with Daesamar, and he can join any of her threads!

Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Her stomach was tied in knots from the anxiety she wa feeling at having to break the news to her pack mates. She didn't want to take their home from them but she had to think about what was best for them. Cheedo had already done a lot of thinking about what she would do if the day ever came. Now that it was here she would go through with her plans.

She pushed that aside as she saw Daes arriving first. The tawny woman offered him a half-hearted smile, “I did.” Then a moment later Nymphnora joined them, Cheedo greeted her with a nuzzle to her cheek. “Thank you both for coming so quickly."

Cheedo then sat down, she needed to sit for this. “I've been doing a lot of thinking,” she started as she looked between them. “Our numbers have dwindled and they don't seem to be improving. So I have made the decision that it's time we went our separate ways. The two of you need a pack that can help you through the winter, where you can thrive and make a home.”

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
It was a day that Daesamar had dreaded waking up to for the last month, the pattern he had noticed in his life truly seemed to continue. He swallowed back the sudden surge of emotion that threatened to overtake him as Cheedo spoke. She said the very words he had laid most nights in fear of hearing. It wasn’t that the pack was disbanding or that they’d all have to find a new home. She had said the two of them, Nymphnora and himself, but not her. Cheedo, the last wolf he had felt he could trust with his honest self, one who had taught him so much when no one else had, or everyone else had been busy, when he had finally opened up about himself. She was leaving, walking out of his life just like everyone else had.

It had been the buffalo in the field, that the pack wouldn’t survive, thats why Daesamar had pulled the pup to the side one night to make plans with her, but in the back of his mind he had hoped Cheedo would have stayed with them, that they could have all started over together, like a family. A tear threatened to fall from his cheek and the yearling didn't even stop it. He knew that She was right, it was what was best for the pack, as hard as it was to accept. He had some ideas of where the duo could go, there was a couple of packs up north, he knew of at least one to the west, and then there was @Lyanna ‘s to the east. He turned and looked at Nymphnora, He had promised that he wouldn’t let anything happen to her and he meant it. She’d become his priority once they all split up, to make sure she had a home where she could thrive and grow.

It took a few moments for the large boy to find his voice but when he did,there wasn’t any anger in it, but he couldn’t hide his disappointment even if he tried to. “I….you’re not going to come with us, are you?”
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymphnora wasn't surprised when Cheedo broke the news about their disbandment. They'd known it was going to happen for weeks now. She felt numb. Everything was slipping away from her. Maybe it would be better to just be a lone wolf, not rely on anyone. Her heart was too fragile to survive being thrown against the ground again and again. But she knew she'd never be tough enough to do that. Even right now, she clung desperately to the promise that Daesamar would stay with her.

Speaking of him, she felt overwhelming despair in his words, even more than her own. He needed Cheedo, she realized. A hot spark of anger grew in her. Daes was so kind, so sweet. He cared about nothing but making others happy. Why couldn't the leader give back some comfort? "What about you? Where are you going?" she asked, somehow disguising the unreasonable anger she felt.
Nymphnora is currently traveling with Daesamar, and he can join any of her threads!

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Sorry this took so long been really busy this last week.

She’d done it, broken the news to them. All Cheedo could do now was hoped they understood and wish them luck as they went on to a better future. She hoped they would find what she hadn't been able to. She could see the sadness on both their faces and it broke her heart but her mind was made up, she was doing what was best for all of them. Releasing Daes and Nymphnora from any loyalty they had for the tarn or her. She would certainly miss them just as she did many others.

As Daes asked his question she looked at her paws and shook her head. “I'm sorry but I won't be.” It had taken her a long time to come to her next course of action but she had managed to do it all by herself. Her sea green gaze fell on the pup as she asked her own questions. “I've lived in the lore long enough to know it doesn't have what I'm looking for. I don't know exactly where I will go but I will know when I find it.” At least she hoped so.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Yall wanna fade in the next couple of posts? with classes going on I won't have a lot of time to post
Daesamar’s ears folded back as Cheedo broke the news that she wouldn’t be joining the two of them. He had known this day would come, they had even spoken about it previously. It wasn’t a surprise, but he had hoped down that it wouldn’t have come to this. A soft sigh escaped the large wolf and he looked toward his own paws in sadness. He could understand why she was doing it and he saddened by the news that they hadn't been a part of what she was looking for. Cheedo had been a huge part of what the Yearling had been searching for. Maybe that was one of his biggest flaws, he always tried to understand why someone did something, instead of just letting himself be angry.

He gave a small nod but he never looked up from the ground. Nymphnora spoke and Daesamar perked his ears, he had no plans to leave the pup alone, not after what she had gone through he and he quietly murmured “We’ll figure something out. I know of a few packs we could try.” He said before finally raising his head and looking at his now former leader. He couldn’t hide the hurt, his tongue felt like sandpaper. “I...Goodbye Cheedo, I hope you can find what will make you happy.” He said before moving to look toward the east “We should go Nymph.” he said while glancing at the Tarn one last time, his heart aching at the thought of never calling it home again.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2019, 06:43 AM by Daesamar.)
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymphnora nodded sadly. If the alpha thought she needed something besides the lore, she couldn't bring herself to stop her. Perhaps they would meet again someday. Nym would be all grown up and Cheedo would be an old woman, yet still strong. They would recognize each other immediately and start talking, sharing stories about the time they were apart, and reminisce about the Tarn. Daesamar would be there too; the creamy girl knew she'd never be without the big wolf who was like the brother she never had. They'd be a family again, with the missing piece of their puzzle finally found. She shook herself out of the pleasant daydream. There was a good chance she'd never see the woman again.

At least she had Daes. He leaned down and whispered that he knew a few packs they could attempt to join. She nodded. Secretly she wanted to spend a little time alone with him before trying a new pack. It would be so different from the close-knit Tarn, with new wolves to befriend and make herself invaluable to. But a pack was the best thing for them. "Goodbye, Cheedo," she said, her voice brimming with emotion.

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Fading and archiving.

The moment between the final three tarn members had grown and either her announcement that she wouldn't be going with them. She did feel badly for it and wished she could go along but it wasn't what would make her happy. She now had the chance to focus on herself and search out what would make her life better. Cheedo just couldn't pass that by now that she was in the position to do something more than what she'd done in the past.

"I truly am sorry and I wish you both the best of luck. Just stick together,” she said offering them both a nudge on their cheeks. “Thank you Daes, I hope I can too.” As sad as it was the time for goodbyes had come, Cheedo hated goodbyes but it was a bbn part of life and maybe one day she would see them again. She would see how well they were doing but until then she listened as first Daes said goodbye and then Nymphnora. “Goodbye to you both and I will miss you.”

Fade

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2019, 06:45 PM by Cheedo.)