274 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Google, Baidu

what will it take? — Dead-Drop Escarpment 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: @Ferreiran but anyone else is welcome to hop in! The more the merrier

The yearling sniffed under a few leaves, ruffling through them with the tip of his nose. It wasn’t his proudest moment, searching for another wolf’s cache. He was selfish though, severely lacking a sense of shame. He was doing whatever it took to survive. He wasn’t losing weight, but he was worried about maintaining it. He was proud of his new shape. The idea of losing it was disappointing. Plus, it was colder now than usual. His fur had bulked up, but prey was starting to get scarce. “Eh, Ferreiran,” he called. “I think I smell something in the north.”  

He glanced around for the small black wolf, narrowing his eyes to try and find his shape. He wasn’t too dedicated though, dropping his eyes back to the pile of leaves beneath him when he realized his search was pointless. “You hungry or what?” He called again, trying to draw out the man.

(This post was last modified: Dec 16, 2018, 01:00 AM by Vaken.)
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Circe
looked lonely and i can't help myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She was on the trail of Vaken most days. She cared for herself first and foremost but of course, she pitched in when it was needed. Circe would be a good follower for as long as she was content. Yet days went by and time kept rolling on. Her interest in his plans was...chaotic at best. On one hand, she didn't give much of a rat's ass what the younger boy got up to but on the other hand, she could gain so much from such youthful energy.

Tsk, tsk. She would need to settle into some plan soon. Things had been silent too long.

“You hungry or what?”

His voice was hard to miss in such a dull place. She could have sworn it even echoed. "You shouldn't announce a meal so openly." The tempest teased as she moved to get close to his side.

have you checked out my player preferences?
please note: currently traveling with Vaken
(meaning he may jump into threads!)
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

His expression changed automatically. He had been expecting Ferreiran to appear, his partner-in-crime, but the greyish woman took his place. Without a second thought, the yearling completely forgot about his buddy. He wasn't sure if he was even still around. It was so hard to tell with the black wolf, he came and went as he wanted- just like Vaken. He gave a large boyish grin, tilting his head to the side and shrugging his shoulders in a lassiez-faire greeting. "What a pleasant surprise," he whispered, leaning into her affectionately. They were travelling together now, but they weren't attached at the hip. Vaken knew it wasn't his right to know her every step. Part of him wanted to, needed to almost, but he suppressed it. "You've met Ferreiran, haven't you?" He racked his brain in thought, trying to retrieve a memory that didn't exist. "He should be around here somewhere, I think..."

He looked over his shoulder and sniffed the air, testing how fresh the scent was but then snorted. Who knows. That was the thing about hanging around a bunch of loners; there was no guarantee they'd be around when you needed them. "Ah well, maybe another time." If it was meant to be, it would be. He was too pleased by her arrival to stay fixated on his bestfriend for longer than a few seconds. His eyes drifted over her in quiet contemplation, making sure everything was okay. "Have you eaten today?"

(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2019, 07:32 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Sorry! For some reason it didn't alert me!
Ferreiran didn't even know why he was hiding from his best friend. He thought it would be a good little game, maybe to make Vaken worry a little, before popping out and reassuring him. Or maybe he would try to scare the blond and black boy when he suddenly appeared from the perfect hiding spot he was in. Perhaps make him think that he was the wolf who had buried the cache they had been hunting for. He was snuggled into the trunk of a dead tree with a hole in it for him to stare out of. He tensed his muscles to spring out, when a woman showed up and started talking to Vaken.

She was casual, like they had met before. She was interested in the food, but who wasn't these days? He stayed hidden. If Vaken wanted him to meet the stranger, he might come, but seeing how little his friend seemed to care that he was gone, he just might stay in his hiding place. He hoped that they would talk about something interesting so that the eavesdropping was worth it.
Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Circe

Something deep and tender rumbled inside of her at his affections. If one was not dumb, they would know it was a sound made with fondness. There was no malice in her today. Even the wicked needed a day off.

"I don't believe him and I have met." She cooed back in response, aiming to brush the fur of his shoulder with her nose. A quick touch to satisfy the love-hungry beast within her. It was hard to not want more but she had to play it cool for now. Too much and she might spook the boy right off. "Can't keep track of your herd?" She teased as she aimed to brush along him and move ahead some more. A swish of her tail was all the invitation she'd provide him.

A soft hum filled the air at his question. It was a simple question really but she was just finding ways to extend her time with him. "I'm not very hungry." Her voice was soft as she turned to look over her shoulder. "But you...how are you holding up?"

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The sound of a scampering rabbit caught Vaken's attention momentarily. It was a small creature, barely surviving the winter with matted white fur. He made eye contact with it, wide-eyed and bushy-tailed, before it jolted off in the opposite direction. He wasn't hungry enough to chase it, but he was still tempted. He loved the chase. He kept his eyes trained on the little paw prints the creature had left in the snow in quiet consideration. It was only until Circe brushed against him that the yearling refocused. How are you holding up? He wiggled his nose and gestured at the snowing sky as if to say hmph. He was surviving.

This was his first winter without family. Admittedly, he was doing better than expected- but still not great. He had lost a little bit of weight. He wasn't travelling as much as he'd like. He had wanted to scout out some territories, but with the snow and frosty air there wasn't much motivation to do anything but stay warm. He was thankful for Circe's company. He had always wanted to be on his own, but now? He was starting to reevaluate his ideals. Huh.

He shook some snow off his paw before sniffing at the air. He swore Ferreiran's scent was still on the breeze, close. He lifted his muzzle to the air and gave three high-pitched barks, a call for his buddy. It seemed like a last ditch effort, but Vaken wasn't going to let it go until he was certain the small black wolf was gone. "He might be hiding," Vaken whispered to Circe, eyes now suspicious and ears perked high. He was hopeful. Circe and Ferr were both important to him.

Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
He might be hiding. Ferreiran nearly snorted. He wasn't coming out until Vaken begged him. He found himself imagining it, his peevish friend groveling and weeping for him to appear. And him, stepping out of the tree and accepting all of the scrawny boy's apologies for whatever he had done. But of course that would never happen.

It might be time to come out and meet the gray woman. He sighed internally and crept out of his hiding place. But he didn't just want to come and play nice, oh no! He was going to make use of this mischievous streak he seemed to have today. He inched to right behind Vaken, readied himself and sprang! He landed right next to his friend and began the tussle, nipping and shoving as rough as he dared.
Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Circe

She had been too close to comfort when the strange shot out of nowhere. Her lithe form pulled away from the commotion but her lip and hackles raised. It was more defensive than it was offensive. The Tempest was not exactly one to appreciate ambushes. Too many times such action had gone bad. How would this one play out? Would Vaken be able to take on the intruder? Would she need to jump into the fray? Even worse...what if this ambusher was his other company?

There were too many questions to consider and her instinct was telling her to get lost but...well, that wouldn't look too great. That much she knew for sure. So she stayed out of the way for now.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: scuffle 2/2-3
warning: mild swearing

Vaken was usually quick on his feet, but Ferreiran had the upper hand. The yearling had not been expecting him- not fully. He fell back, tumbling into the black furred male in a pretzel of legs and fur. A snarl ripped through his teeth, his shoulder slamming into his comrade. He didn't realize who it was at first. He reacted out of instinct. He had been trained by Garmir that play fighting didn't exist, only battle. So many sleepless nights on edge for the scarred mentor to make his attack from the shadows. The yearling moved quicker than ever before, shifting his weight to tear away from the mysterious enemy.

It was only when Vaken made eye contact that he realized. This wasn't an enemy- this was his best bud. The black wolf was grabbing chunks of scruffy blonde fur, kicking and shoving. Nothing painful, not nearly breaking skin- but still a challenge. He rolled, desperate to get back on his feet. "I'll kill you," he hissed, his voice breaking off into a laugh. He clearly had no intention of killing his friend- but he loved to talk shit. "Come here," he barked, reaching his jaw out to try and grab Ferreiran's scruff. "I knew you were hiding," he added through a mouthful of fur. "You're lucky there's a lady here, or else I'd shove your face into my poop."

He spat out Ferreiran's fur, a chunk of black sticking to the corner of mouth. "Circe, this is Ferreiran. Ferreiran, this is Circe."

(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2019, 04:14 AM by Vaken.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health