(See All?) Announcements
356 Users Online
Google, Tulip, Bing, Nadine, Oleander

I thought I had memorized you — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 241 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
If Can had still been there, Ris would’ve boasted even further about her pack - her family. But as it were now, it was fractured. Incomplete, leaving a gaping hole right beside her that reminded her of just how much she had come to depend on having the shaded wolf with her.

A small smile crossed her maw then. “It’s nice to meet you, t-too,” she said, her bottle brush tail sweeping at her hocks when their opposite-colored eyes met again. He seemed to have a change in demeanor, into something much happier and more joyful.

“I love flowers,” she responded, ears angling forward in interest. Of course, there hadn’t been any flowers for months, so she didn’t really know where he was going with it. Still, the younger wolf was interested to know what he was so excited about. “Wh-why do you ask?” It wasn’t asked suspiciously - she was genuinely interested.
Played by Grey who has 18 posts.
Inactive
Rajan
Cubs and yearlings loved when attention was showered upon them - this was something Rajan had not known before he set out on his own. Of course, he loved when he was indulged as a cub, but he had never been the 'giver' until recent months, when he passed through a few claimed territories that younglings to rear. His face seemed to light up as he saw her interest pique. Her eager ears and reciprocated smile gave that much away. "Well, see, Spring will be here soon," he started. "The earth will be warm again and there will be new life all around. Leaves, buds, tadpoles, bird eggs, and grass..."

He wondered if any of these things painted in her head the image he was thinking of: a sunnier time full of light, new growth, and new beginnings... as if Relic Lore would be born anew as soon as the first bloom opened. "Where I come from, it is tradition to find a special flower and give it as a gift to a special someone." He paused briefly to readjust his footing and shift his weight in the snow, "I know I cannot search for it now, but... I would like to be prepared." His voice softened and there was a brief lilt to his words that could have been described as enchanting and captivating, "I was wondering if you would like to help me."
(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2019, 12:43 AM by Rajan.)

you're all here indulging your particular vices
& so I've come to indulge mine

Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Yes, Spring was on its way, and yes, under normal circumstances, Risaela would be excited for it. In a way, she supposed she still was, but... well, with Can gone, it felt like some of the life had been drained out of the world. She’d never thought he would go somewhere without telling her - not when he would be gone for so long. It hurt, really, and it was terrifying that something bad might’ve happened to him.

She angled her ears toward him as they walked, turning her gaze back over in his direction. No, she couldn’t wait for the waters to melt and to swim and enjoy the rivers not far off. Couldn’t wait for all the birds to sing and the flowers to grow. Couldn’t wait to chase frogs and see baby animals everywhere. Maybe Laike and Adelayde would have another litter of puppies, too.

The young wolf became especially enraptured when he spoke of giving a special flower to... a special someone. Like @Cancer is special, her mind instantly supplied, and her chest grew a bit warmer at the thought. “Do you have a special someone t-to give it to?” she asked with a small smile and a tilt of her head. “I’m sure it’s b-beautiful. Is that why you’re looking for the ponds?” She would love to help, but she needed a bit more information first.
Inactive
Rajan
Eventually, she, too, began to light up with that same fire that burned within him - the kind that enraptured the soul and kindled the hopes of a gratified intention. His smile touched his eyes as she wondered if he had a special someone. As empty as his heart had been since his mother had passed, he was certain that, in time, that certain wolf would appear. At the very least, he was glad there was a place for them, but for now, they were non-existent in his life.

She chimed that she was sure the flower was beautiful and he gave his head a thoughtful tilt as he looked down at her. "Maybe soon," he answered her first question. For the first time in a while, he felt his ears and shoulders relax. Even his tail had settled into a gentle curve at the back of his heels, "At least I hope, but, yes. The flower I seek is large and yellow, and it grows only in certain places in water. I am not sure what wolves in these parts call it, but we know it as volée."

Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Rajan was such a nice wolf, Ris thought idly as they padded across the tundra. She was certain that some wolf would come along and sweep him off his feet and he could give them flowers and they’d be perfectly happy together. “I’m sure you will,” she assured him, her own eyes crinkling a bit as she offered him a smile. “You s-seem very kind.”

She couldn’t recall if flowers like that bloomed on the ponds near them or not, but it was worth a shot, right? “I d-don’t know if those flowers grow on our ponds, b-but if you stay up here t... til Spring, we can find out, the younger wolf offered, silver eyes flickering over to gauge his expression and see if he might actually be interested in that. “Our pack is s-small, and they don’t ask for a lot. Loyalty and help pitching in where you c-can. P-plus Winter’s a bad time to be alone, and in the Spring, I can help y’look for the flowers.” She wondered if her offer was tempting or not. She didn’t think she was a particularly good recruiter.
Inactive
Rajan
He managed to finally fall into step alongside her, matching her pace almost exactly as they began moving through the light snowstorm. For her to have faith that he would find such a special individual was heartwarming. It was kind of her; and, it was very rare for him these days to hear such encouragement. "You as well," he paid the compliment in kind, ducking his head low as they continued on.

Risaela went on to tell him that she didn't know if flowers grew in the ponds she knew about and that if he stayed until the springtime thaw, he would be given a chance to find out. His head leveled as he glanced over to her again. She made an attempt to draw him into her pack, enlightening him that though small, they didn't ask for much. They simply wanted his loyalty and his help with everyday things. It was the standard of most packs, even his mother's. His ears fell back, uncertain for the briefest of moments before he gave a rolling shrug of his shoulders. "I suppose," he replied, fully considering the idea of being some commonplace subordinate for the first time in his life. He furrowed his brow, but ultimately he knew it was only going to be temporary at best, "Guess we could see how it goes... What are your pack mates like?"

Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
A small smile formed on her lips when he informed her that she would find her own wolf - her own soulmate - and she nodded her head. Perhaps, if she was lucky, she already had met him. It was just a matter of sorting out their feelings at that point, if he would ever come back at all. “Thank you,” she responded in kind, tail wagging slowly behind her as they walked.

Her demeanor brightened once more when he agreed to perhaps come back to the Fields with her. She’d never really recruited anyone before, so this was a first, and she was determined to metaphorically sell the idea of her pack. Make it sound great and amazing on their way to the pond.

“Well, first there’s A-Aunt Jessie...”

{ f a d e }