Google, Bing, Apollo

he falls asleep during conversations — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Moonshadow

when I'm bad I'm better

Travelling in the winter was not Vaken's favourite. He never went too far, especially since Circe and him were sticking together. Visiting his aunt was different though. He had been thinking about it for months, now it was time. The spring would be here soon, and along with it a lot of change. He missed his father. If Nashoba had been alive, Vaken surely would have gone home and left the lore. He wasn't though, so the yearling had no one to turn to.

He didn't realize how close he was until the scent markers hit, forcing him to slow his pace. He wasn't sure what to do. Maybe he should howl? The idea was slightly off-putting. He didn't want to make a big deal out of this. Rather than draw attention, he took a seat. He'd think about it for a few minutes, wait around. He'd leave it up to chance.

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Moonshadow had been feeling a little bit better since the return of her daughter and talk with her husband and best friend. She felt as if she could get back to what she once was eventually, like it wasnt so far away. This gave the ebony woman a little bounce in her step as she made her way around the familiar border. Winter still held its grip but there were days like this one where the sun shone bright. It warmed her dark fur as she easily walked. There was no hurry in her pace until his familiar scent floated to her.

Quickening her steps Moon followed Vaken's scent until the boy came into view. She let out a bark as she neared him. "Vaken! How good it is to see ya my dear!" She called with a warm smile. One that hasn't been there in a really long while. She was glad she was feeling better.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Huh. It seemed like the fates were in his favour for once. The yearling had been startled by his aunt's arrival, startled by the swiftness of her appearance. He hadn't expected things to work out so smoothly. Not that he minded- he just hadn't been prepared. He stumbled to his feet with a confused look, unsure if he should be thankful or anxious. It took him a moment to collect himself, his body and face adjusting to hide his shock. "Oh, hey- I-" He sighed at himself, relaxed his shoulders and started again. "I wasn't expecting to see you."

It was a stupid thing to say. This was her pack (or at least it was the last time he was around). Of course she would be in the area, he had come here to see her. He smiled nervously, an unusual gesture for the otherwise confident and smug man. Vaken was not familiar with family. It had been a while since he had seen her. She reminded him so much of his father, he found himself acting pup-like around her, reverting back to childhood. Gross. "I was going to call for you. Must have read my mind."

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Seeing her nephew really sparked something in the ebony female. There was more than just her out in the world. Her children, her husband, her nephew whom her brother could no longer take care of. Maybe @Kajika was right after all. Inky lips pulled up a little more as the yealing clamored to his feet and said he wasnt expecting to see her. Her paced slowed once she neared. She gave his shoulder a nudge in greeting before sitting about a length and a half away. Vaken said he was going to call for her and how she must have read his mind. "Must be a family thing" she teased as cool orbs looked into familiar golden ones. Oh how those eyes mirrored the ones from her memory, she did miss her family. Both old and new. "So what brings ya back to the cove?"

Word Count: 000
(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2019, 04:51 AM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The warmness of Moonshadow's presence was comforting. Any anxiety the man had was gone. The softness of her voice, with the familiarity of her movements. It felt like home. He wanted to lean into her as if she was his father, ask for advice, but he held himself back. No matter how similar, Moon was not Nashoba. Vaken couldn't fool himself into believing she was. "Figured it was about time," he admitted.

There was nothing per say he needed, except company. His guard was still up, afraid to mention anything personal. It was strange. Moonshadow was almost a stranger to him, but it felt like he had known her all his life. It made it difficult for the scruffy youth to navigate. He wanted to tell her about Circe, his drive for leadership, his spring plans. The words rose up to his throat, but got caught in his mouth and lost their way. "I thought I'd check up on you. See how the pack is doing, you know."

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]