Google, Apolline, Clover, Bing, Finley

I'm a dull boy with a dead dream — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: vague about the events in this thread for now

when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken wasn't a clean wolf. Not that there was any mistaking it, from the dirt dried onto his forehead, to his tick infested mane. It didn't take a second look to realize the coyote-wolf was in desperate need of a bath. He barely groomed himself. He had fleas. Not a ton of them- but enough to be driving him mad. How they survived in the winter was beyond him, but they were there. A bunch of the nasty creepy crawlers making themselves right at home. He flashed a sharp toothy-grin, reached around his shoulder and grabbed a lump of fur.

His winter coat was shedding. He spat out a mouthful (bugs included) and snarled angrily. He didn't have to get rid of them completely, but he certainly wasn't going to make their vacation any easier. This was his body. He didn't want to share with a bunch of parasites.

Played by Wolfsong who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymphnora wanted to gnaw off her own leg at the moment. It wasn't that the pain was particularly terrible, just that she was so slow and helpless. @Daesamar was almost always at her side, his shoulder offered willingly for her to lean on whenever she felt unable to walk on her own. She could have stayed near the lake where she had been injured, but it was impossible. She would have no peace. She would always have to watch her step. Add that to the fact it was so close to the place where the Tarn wolves lived, before there was no such thing, and she'd be smothered by the weight of her memories.

She had limped away from Daes as he took a nap. She was supposed to be napping too. She told him she was. It twisted her heart to lie to the big white-streaked boy when he had given her so much free love. He could have just left with Cheedo when the pack split. He had known the former alpha so much longer, and Nym was only a liability. She barely knew how to hunt. He could have not jumped into the freezing lake, risking his life to save hers. But he did. And that meant something.
Nymphnora is currently traveling with Daesamar, and he can join any of her threads!

Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The scrawny tangled mutt spotted the white fur of Nymphnora quickly, his eyes narrowing. It was clear she was young, only a few months younger than himself. Not much of a threat. He looked away momentarily, yanked out another chunk of his winter fur and spat it onto the cold hard ground. He was ready to shed all of it off, to have a new short pelt for the summer.

The boy returned his gaze to the while wolf in the distance, sceptically deciding his options. He wasn't much in the mood for company, but he didn't feel like leaving his spot. "Aye," he called, lifting his head up to draw her attention. "Why are you walking so weird?"

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
A dirty wolf around Daesamar's age but with none of his comforting size called out to her. Nymphnora saw no reason not to tell him the truth. "Hurt my leg," she replied.

She hadn't seen many new wolves in a while. During her time with the Tarn, she'd stayed within the borders, where no lone wolves would dare enter. Or maybe they would. The pack hadn't been too focused on border patrols. "Who're you?" she asked. "I'm Nymphnora."
Nymphnora is currently traveling with Daesamar, and he can join any of her threads!

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

If Vaken hadn't realized she wasn't a threat earlier, an injured leg would've done it. He scoffed, eyeing her injury with dismissive disgust. Why was she walking around then? It seemed unnecessarily dangerous. Spring was coming, but there still existed a thin layer of snow. It must have been difficult for her to travel long distances, or move quickly. "Vaken."

He didn't try and pronounce her name. "Shouldn't be walking around by yourself," he added, his tone oddly dark. "You're an easy target." He hadn't meant it as a threat, but his voice was dry and uncaring. It was just an observation and some words of advice.

(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2019, 04:22 AM by Vaken.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymph didn't know why the wolf, Vaken, he had called himself, had started acting so strange after she had told him her leg was injured. He didn't seem worried, so what was he doing? She decided to ignore it and instead simply curled her tail over her back and pressed it to her fur. She stared into his eyes, but couldn't find any answers there. So they stood in silence.

Now that they weren't talking, she heard the gurgle of a creek splashing with fish. Her first feeling was nervous anxiety. She had barely managed to get out of the lake and that was with Daesamar dragging her out. But that was quickly replaced by hunger. She hadn't eaten anything all day. She scampered carefully over to the creek, and stared into it. A flash of scales caught her eye and she thrust her muzzle into the water. She tasted blood.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Hrmph. Vaken watched the white wolf ignore him, walk towards the water and hunt. He wasn't sure why it made him so angry. He wasn't used to being ignored. He kept his eyes trained on her for a few minutes, watching the swiftness of her attack. She had caught a fish so quickly. "Fine," he barked. He shook his head in disbelief, then returned to grooming his fur.

He spat out a burr, then moved his eyes back to her. Was she going to share? Probably not. He grunted, then lowered his head and moved towards her slowly. "Give me some of that," he demanded.

Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymphnora turned around, shocked that he would demand the prey she had caught. It was a great achievement for her, having only mediocre hunting skills. He could not take this object of her success from her. "Hunt some yourself," she retorted angrily. "You're an awful wolf to demand someone else's food from them, and I hope you never catch a thing!" Finishing off that statement, she dropped the fish and, holding it under her paw, began to tear into it with a relish. The meat was delicious, but she couldn't appreciate it fully while her heart was full of so much righteous indignation and anger.