(See All?) Announcements
335 Users Online
Google, Apollo, Bing, Armand, Adelard

Under the Bridge — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
It had been a lucky find that was for sure. Sharlee was tired from the hunt despite not having to chase anything down. She'd found herself further from home than she'd originally planned to go but it had payed off. Everyone would be very happy to see her prize and she felt it would feed them all well that night at the very least. 

Shed stopped to rest letting the leg of the deer fall to the ground. Shed come across the carcass. Leftovers or it had just died from old age she wasn't sure. Whatever the reason that had allowed her to be able to give this gift to her family she was glad for it. 

Not wanting to waste too much time she grabbed the leg in her mouth once more. With a heft she began dragging the carcass through the snow once more. 

Played by Ghost who has 613 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here :)

and hold your head up high

The Valle teen was trying to make more of an effort in checking in on his little group, seeing how they were doing, if they needed any help. It seemed like the leaderly thing to do after all. Today on his list was Sharlee, who he hadn’t had a chance to have a private conversation with since he had asked her to be his advisor. It still seemed like a good decision in his mind, his cousin was smart, and he knew that she could keep a secret if he needed her to. Those both seemed like important qualities in an advisor, not that he had ever had one before.

By the time he had caught up to where the female was, she was already dragging the deer leg behind her. Viorel had the bright idea to try and scare her, he didn’t know why, it just seemed like everything had been so serious since they arrived and he wanted to lighten the mood. He had stalked around the trees, trying to stay downwind so she couldn’t smell him, and hoping that the haunch in her jaws would mask some of his own scent. Sinking down into a crouch the salt and pepper maw stretched into a mischievous grin as his butt wiggled comically in the air. To an outsider he probably looked more like a house cat hunting a toy mouse than a wolf who had plans of leading anytime soon.

One.Two.Three.

Holding his breath as he counted, Viorel let it all out in a long slow woosh, and then he was off. Unfortunately, he wasn’t the tallest wolf around, and pair that with his bulky frame caused a ridiculous snow plow effect. His own form could barely be seen as the powder flew everywhere, including into his own eyes. He had only meant to run out and scare Sharlee, but at this rate he was probably going to run right into her.

There's no need to rush

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee couldn't wait to get the deer leg home. She was frankly tired of dragging it through the snow. It was what her band needed so she was going to get it there. The young Valle hadn't ever been afraid of hard work, she'd done a lot to get to where she was. Well where she'd been before she'd been taken from the Estuary. That was all behind her now and she and her brother and cousins were going to start fresh.

That was something to look forward to. Sharlee liked the idea of not being under the council any longer. Most of all she liked the idea of being am advisor and being able to do what she wanted to do with her life. 

She’d set the deer leg down again for a short rest and the chance to stretch out her muscles before continuing on. She had no idea that anyone was around until a huge cloud of snow was coming straight for her. Sharlee didn't have any time to react once she'd gotten over the surprise of such a sight. She had no idea what could have caused it until she felt something solid hit her knocking her off her feet. As the snow started to settle to the ground she saw it was her cousin. 

Then she laughed, "What are you doing Vi?" She said between breaths, "I'm not sure thus is how a future leader should be acting," she added clearly teasing her cousin. 

Viorel Valle

It was ridiculous, and Viorel knew that. The snow flying everywhere, the way that they collided, the fact that there was so much precipitation buildup on his coat that he looked like he had been dipped in white. Sharlee’s giggles were contagious and the Valle man burst out in loud guffaws himself, laughing until his ribs hurt a little. Tears built up at the corners of his eyes as the chuckles returned when Sharlee teased him.

Finally. Viorel got his laughter under control, and he smiled as he tried to catch his breath. Rolling his eyes playfully he shook off his coat, sending flakes flying everywhere around them, ”What do you mean? This was an exercise to test to see if you’re always on high alert.” Pawing playfully at his cousin’s ear he teased, ”And by the way, you failed.” Grinning widely he fully expected to be smacked with a paw, or have a nibble sent his way and he braced for it. It felt so nice to act his age, even for a minute. Everything had been so serious, and it would only get worse come the spring and welcoming....cubs as per Vayko’s request.

Sobering up a little at the thought his jaw set into a hard line, ”Well, I guess the time has come for me to ask you my first question as my advisor.” He looked away from her, embarrassed a little to look her in the eyes, ”Vayko has requested that I welcome cubs into the pack this spring because he doesn’t want to. Clover has offered to...help, out of duty to her pack.” He trailed off, lost in thought, not realizing that he hadn’t necessarily asked a question, just left the information open to her interpretation.

There's no need to rush

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Her giggles continued for a few moments longer. She didn't want the moment to end just yet. Everything lately has been so serious because they went from yearlings to adults in seconds. She wondered if there would be the occasion for these kind of moments once they were a pack or if it would just be all serious all the time. Once her giggles stopped she took a few deep breaths but didn't stand to shake to snow off her coat. Instead she laid back in it looking over at Viorel. He seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself and that brought a smile to her face. 

Then the teasing began, she just couldn't help herself as the smart comment slipped from her maw. He gave one just as good as hers and she laughed once more. "Well then Mr. Leader I'm just going to have to work on that, hmm," she said cheekily from her spot in the snow. The conversation didn't stay carefree for long as her cousin announced that he was in need of her advisor skills. She rose up on her elbow and listened as he presented his problem. Pups. Sharlee didn't answer him right away instead taking a few moments to think about the best way to advise him. "I think the first thing to consider is the situation we are in," she started, "We will be a new pack when they come into the world. I think you need to be sure they will have the best care and environment to grow up." She let that settle for a moment. Sharlee didn't want to see anyone have pups especially Clover and something bad happen to them. "Next, I think you should consider if you're really ready to be a father and if Clover is the right one to have pups with. It shouldn't matter what my brother thinks because at the end of the day this is your life Vi amd the lives of whoever has the pups and the pups themselves. That's a lot of lives to take into account. Yes, the pack will need to have pups at some point but I think alot should be considered before making the decision for this year." She went quiet for a few moments allow him to process what she said.

As a final thought before she finished she spoke once more. "For what its worth if you think we can as a pack care for them and you are ready amd your sure Clover is the one then I don't think its a bad idea." 

Viorel Valle

The moment was silly, to say the least. Which meant that Viorel had achieved what he had sought out to do, always the class clown, even with the added responsibilities that were coming down the pike. Still, he wished that the easy laughter could have lasted a while longer, that they could have dragged the silliness out all day even. But, the teen knew that whole days filled with goofing off with his cousins and siblings was probably behind him, and getting farther behind with every passing day. Viorel laughed heartily at Sharlee’s teasing, but it was his own question that turned the mood more somber.

Sharlee’s words were as intelligent as ever, and Viorel was reminded why he chose her as his advisor in the first place. Humming lightly to show that he was listening, but still thinking of a response, his brow furrowed. It certainly was a lot to take in, and everything was happening too quickly. Finally, he broke his response down into parts to address everything that she said, ”We’ll be a new pack, and none of us have been parents before. But, at least we have Aunt Modesto here to help us, and I think the territory we picked should be safe enough for cubs.” Logistically Viorel knew they could help cubs survive, but it wasn’t necessarily the logistics of survival he was worried about.

Then, there was everything else that she said, ”I don’t know, I’ve never had a dad you know? I mean, we all turned out fine, but what if I’m terrible at it, you know?” Falling silent for a minute, he thought it all over, ”And, I have no qualms about Clover being a good mother and sticking around. I guess what it all hinges on is that I’m not sure that I will be any good at this. Leading a pack is one thing, being a dad is...different.” It did settle his nerves a little that Sharlee hadn’t just laughed in his face, and seemed to think they could do it. But, the uneasiness remained.

There's no need to rush

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
As her laughter continued she wanted to stay in the moment. Not think about what was to come or the fact that they were so close to becoming adults. It didn't matter of they were there creating their own pack or still back in the Estuary. Soon they would need to start surviving on their own and taking up roles. It would be their job to help care for the pack. Slowly the days of pkay and laughter would diminish until they would be almost non-existent. She wasn't quite ready to let them or her puppy hood go just yet so she was grateful to her cousin for this moment that they could share of fun. 

Things became serious once again when he asked his question of her. He explained the situation and then it was time for Sharlee to weigh in. She gave him the best advice she could and some things that she thought were important for him to think about. She listened as he spoke addressing everything that she had brought to his attention. "I think there are plenty of us to look after the pups and we do have aunt Modesto. This place that we've chosen to make our home does seem safe." Sharlee did agree with all the points he'd brought up. "So I think we can provide a good place to raise pups," she said in summary. 

Viorel went on to address the other things that she'd brought up. What he said caused her to frown  "Vi I think you'd make a great dad. You're caring and I'm sure you would want the best for your pups. I mean look at what you want for this pack. Becoming leader kind of makes you a dad to all of us." To Sharlee it was kind of the same thing cause he would be the one to protect them and make sure they were happy and had all that they needed. Sharlee smiled when he spoke about Clover, "Then I think she is a good choice for the mother of your first litter." The Valle girl felt for her cousin and his worries. She reached out and touched his cheek with her nose. "You don't have to worry. You will have me and Clover at the very least to help you if you need it. I think that you'll do great. Once you see them I think you will know what to do." She really believes that he might struggle being a first time parent but he wouldn't fail.

Viorel Valle
One more post each?

Sharlee would be a good advisor, and this instance just proved it. At the very least this conversation had reassured him that asking her to be his eyes and ears had been a good decision. It also helped settle his nerves that she believed that the pack would be able to support a litter, even if he sucked it was likely they would be fine. That was good, plus Clover would be great at it, and Viorel knew that. Taking a deep breath and then letting out a sigh the salt and pepper wolf nodded sagely. ”I think you’re right, I think even though the pack will be new we can make it work.” And, the man knew that part of being a leader was bringing new life in the spring.

How good he would be was still in question. Sharlee seemed convinced he would be good, Clover didn’t seem alarmed at the thought of having his pups, Vayko had seemed...expectant. Viorel had doubts still, but they were certainly turning into kittens instead of being roaring lions. Snorting at her comment, he pressed his shoulder against hers, ”Yeah sure, I’m going to make everyone start calling me Papa Viorel.” His tone was teasing, but it was clear that her words had relieved at least some of his qualms.

Viorel smiled genuinely when his cousin pressed her nose against his cheek. It really was good to have such a supportive network behind him as they made such huge life changes. ”Thank you, at least with you two around I can’t screw them up too badly eh?” Again, the tone was light, although there was some truth behind what he said. Or at least he hoped, he hoped that with the two of them the pups would be okay, even if he was a royal screw up.

There's no need to rush

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
The tawny girl did not expect the first problem that Viorel brought to her to be such a personal one. Still she took it just as seriously as she would any problem that was brought to her. She had faith in the pack that they could handle raising a litter of pups. They were Valles after all and they could get through anything. She was pleased when her cousin seemed to gain the confidence she had. "I'm sure we can and if it's necessary there are things we can do to make sure it goes smoothly." Sharlee had some ideas in that but she would wait to see if Viorel wanted to hear them or if they should wait and see if it would really be necessary. 

Sharlee was sure that her cousin would be a good dad. She believed him to have a good heart and would want what was best for his children. She of course didn't expect him to be perfect right away cause no one was but he would do the best he could. With Clover and the rest of the pack around him he would learn what he didn't already know. She wasn't worried amd she hoped that by the time the pups arrived he would feel more confident too. She laughed at his joke, "Maybe you should," she said giving him an affectionate brush of her nose across his cheek. "I do think Papa Viorel suits you quite nicely." She was glad that they could have a little joke in the middle of such a serious conversation. She hoped that maybe she might have helped ease some of his fears. 

Thinking about it she felt she had done the right thing in becoming Viorel's advisor. She realized she could do the job and do it well. More importantly she could help her cousin in anything he might need help with. "You don't have to worry dear cousin. I won't let you mess them up." Her tone matched his but she hoped the message was clear. She would stand beside him every step of the way. 

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a small pile of bones gathered on the ground, there might be some marrow left in them. +2 Health