646 Users Online
Bing, Google, Oleander

silence
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 33 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Katna Valle
taking place at pookastone scowle

She had never seen something like this. Had she? Maybe she had...everything looked the same dusted in snow.

Especially stones and trees and....

Her mind tumbled away from her for a moment. Or two. She had not counted how long it had been from when she had started to here. At a large stone that seemed to take in the sunlight that came through a momentary patch in clouds. Her eyes closed as she tilted her head upward, inclined to soak in what she could of it.

"Venkat, She mumbled wearily. "Come look." She urged him further with her simple beck.

Except she was only greeted with relative silence.
(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2021, 06:07 PM by Katna.)
katna is showing signs of mental decline
as such, she might be unreliable or confused

[Image: DEBturtle-FONT.png]
Played by Plymouth who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gyrfalcon
Gyrfalcon

It had been a long travel. Well, long was a relative term. She didn't have to be anywhere specific or meet anyone. She was beholden only to herself. So, the days she spent going from one part of this new land to another were quite informative. She stopped to sniff at animals, roll in various scents, and generally enjoy herself... but it was admittedly lonely. For someone used to being surrounded by others it was a bit strange to be on her. Unsettling.

She needed to find someone else to talk to or she'd go mad. One could only tell a joke in their head a couple of times before even that was stale and had her feeling like she was going to go insane.

She stopped at a large lake, maw lowering so that she could get a drink of the ice-cold water. It was a scent drifting by on the wind that had her lifting her head. Was that another wolf she smelled? She gave another sniff after she'd licked the water from around her muzzle. The smell was not epicene, no, she could tell that it was a female. Aged? Yeah, it smelled that way but she was not going to turn down any sort of company.

Pleased that she'd have a direction for today, the brown she-wolf turned and began to follow her nose to the new wolf of interest. It lead her down a path that was overhung with a canopy of trees. Dips in the road and moss were all around as she meandered on along her quest.

She could hear a voice, not exactly close but she could hear the tired tones on the wind. Come look? Who was Venkat? She stopped to lift her head so that she could sniff the air again, curious if she would be seeing two wolves but... there was only the one. Peculiar. Did she have a pet or something? She kept forward, following the trail to her destination.

Soon enough she could see the aged mistress standing up ahead, near a large stone. What an interesting thing that rock was as it seemed to have the one sunny location in this place. What was also interesting was that the she-wolf was completely alone. Weird but whatever. "Woooo-man! If that ain't something pretty I don't know what is!" She said with a smile as she stepped forward. There was a friendly glow in his eyes as she came close but not too close so that she didn't crowd an unknown wolf.
424| @Katna | notes

"I make my own choice"
Yeah I run this show

Manip & Coding © Plymouth
(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2021, 08:37 PM by Gyrfalcon.)
[Image: j9vBZs.png]
Inactive Deceased
Katna Valle
"Woooo-man!"

Her head craned to look over her shoulder slowly. Greeted with...someone. This was not Venkat. It was a strange woman. Oh. She was in a very strange place. Katna's face seemed to stay deadpan as she returned her gaze back to the large stone.

Pretty. She supposed that was the right word for it. A large stone covered in nature could be pretty.

"Oh yes, indeed. Indeed." She mumbled softly with a weary smile that did not quite reach her eyes. What a shame that she felt livelier than she looked. Not once would she grasp how disconnected she was from herself.

What could she grasp? The knowledge that her brother has still not answered her summon for him. "I...I apologize. Have you seen Venkat?" This had to be one of her members that she simply had not met yet, perhaps. Which meant surely they would know where her family had peppered themselves today. If not Venkat, then maybe her daughters.

Inactive No Rank
Gyrfalcon
Gyrfalcon

The older woman craned her neck back to look at her and she was met with tired brown eyes briefly before her attention was grabbed by the rock again. Gyr looked from the woman to the rock back again, and then back once more to the stone. The brown wolfess wondered if she should step closer. Then, she also figured that she could outrun the old-timer if she absolutely needed to... so, she drew nearer, stepping up to get a closer look at the stone. Although she didn't stand right next to the lady, she was a few feet away from her while closer enough to sniff at the stone.

She glanced to the side at her, returning the strange smile with one of her own as she agreed. "You aren't bothering me, miss!" She said with a light laugh. This Venkat guy again? Hmm... Was he someone popular around here? Or her mate? Hmm... "Nope! Or... Iunno," She shrugged, looking up towards the sky thoughtfully. "What's this wolf look like? I've seen a few while travelling." Theoretically she supposed she could have seen a Venkat before. She'd met other wolves on her travels and some she hadn't grabbed the name of. Although she hadn't seen anyone as old as this lady before so maybe this Venkat was a son or daughter? Or some other member? She couldn't smell a pack scent on the other woman so she could assume that it wasn't some pack wolf she was looking for.
250| @Katna | notes

"I make my own choice"
Yeah I run this show

Inactive Deceased
Katna Valle
Such a polite younger woman. Even if her answer was not the one that Katna wanted to hear. Where on earth could Venkat have wandered off to?

"Ah, he's..." What was the best way to describe her little brother? "Not me." She chuckled warmly before she'd carry on some. Mind practically smoking as she tried to sort out the details of him from all the other faded faces in her mind.

"Rather small. All legs it seems too. Reddish in his coat, but rather watchful green eyes." This, while vague truly when one considered all the faces in the world, she was certain of. Hard pressed to forget a familiar long-standing face. "You would have thought he was a hawk if hawk had green eyes." A deep warm laugh escaped her before it pattered off into silence. Wistful with a sigh as she looked to the younger woman.

Who was this again?
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2021, 02:15 PM by Katna.)

Inactive No Rank
Gyrfalcon
Gyrfalcon

Gyr listened to the older woman intently, ready to search her mind for the strangers she'd met to try to put the description to a nameless face. At the admission that she was "not her" the young woman let out a small laugh. "Really? I never would have guessed!" She teased lightly, grinning broadly in hopes that she'd get the woman to laugh along. To Gyr, the only thing that she picked up was that the poor old woman must have gotten lost from a relative or friend.

The description came and the reddish wolf's face scrunched up as she tried to think about all of the faces she'd seen. "Hmmm..." She said ponderously as she wracked her brain. "I've seen a hawk with green eyes before!" She said with a satisfied smile although that was hardly the point, now was it? "But I'm afraid I haven't seen your friend --relative?-- unfortunately." The younger wolf said with a shake of her head.

"Uh, what's your name? In case I do run into this Venkat." If she found him, she could certainly try to point him in the right direction and mention the woman by name as well.
197| @Katna | notes

"I make my own choice"
Yeah I run this show

Inactive Deceased
Katna Valle
"My brother," The matriarch corrected lightly with the tone and grace of a mother. She knew how different they were when compared, she could not fault the young woman for not knowing their relation.

"Katna. Don't forget it." Some buried playfulness in her old voice. However she was very serious about the words. Katna could not have her members waltzing about not even knowing her name. It did not look good. Not at all.

However it seemed they had some catching up to do with each other. Still blissfully unaware that this woman was not one of her own. "Tell me about yourself, Miss..." She trailed off. Names would be a good start.

Inactive No Rank
Gyrfalcon
Gyrfalcon

Aaaahhhh, her brother. The woman nodded her head, understanding washing over her. It must suck to lose track of a sibling. Well... a sibling you actually cared about. Gyr loved her siblings as well but they were all insufferable dicks just like her parents. Unlike this woman... She seemed motherly and patient. The russet woman could hear authority in those seasoned tones but there was also a gentleness there. Even when she spoke her name and told her not to forget it. She could hear that she was being a bit teasing but there was something hard in those words that bespoke a seriousness. "I wouldn't dream of it, Miss Katna!" She said with a toothy grin, playful but she too meant it.

Then, the tables were flipped. Katna was asking about herself. "Oh! Ah, sorry, forgot to introduce myself! My name's Gyrfalcon." She said, taking a seat. Might as well, right? She was perfectly happy sitting next to this pretty rock and chatting to this nice old lady. "There's not really a lot to tell... I just got here after leaving my birth pack because I wanted something different, y'know?" She left out the part about not getting along with most of her old pack members because did it really matter? She had wanted to just see the world as well. To try to find a pack that wasn't composed of purely family. "This place seems really awesome so far, though I haven't gotten to explore a lot of it yet!" She said with an open-mouthed, tongue-lolling grin.
259| @Katna | notes

"I make my own choice"
Yeah I run this show

Inactive Deceased
Katna Valle
Katna, in all her years, knew better than to try to pronounce a name she had no clue how to say. Gyrfalcon was almost otherworldly to her. So she simply nodded along and listened to the rest of what the woman had to say.

And how honored the ex-matriarch felt that this woman had chosen here to be her home away from home. Not to mention the excitement at exploring this place filled her with pride. There was plenty to explore within her home. Such as this large mysterious boulder that even she -- the leader! -- had not yet discovered.

"Oh, well I am certain you will never grow bored of here. So much to see, so much to do." A bit of gentle encouragement for this woman to be an active presence! "Do you find yourself vying for a certain, ah, trade? A fisher, perhaps?"