(See All?) Announcements
707 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

Memory — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The Raven smiled at the memory of wanting to swim to the island in turtleneck lake. It was bittersweet too because she hadn't been the only one. It had been something that she and Lavender had spoken about as youngsters. She didn't know if she'd ever see her friend again.

She did smile when he spoke of the pack he'd been born into. Most especially the pride that he seemed to have as he spoke.

"Thats really great," she stated in regards to him and the wolves he was with re-establishing their pack. "Is the territory as you left it or has it changed a lot?" She asked despite feeling she probably already knew the answer.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Her question made him think, brows knitting as he looked up toward the shielding ridge that served as their horizon line.

"Yes and no?" Chan ended up answering, unsure which to go with as both really could be considered true. In his mind, at least.

"In ways it's like nothing at all has changed," or at least, nothing but one very major thing: his father wasn't here anymore, not matter how one looked at it.

"But it did, life kept going, after all."

He tilted his head then, looking quizzically back at the onyx-pelted woman.

"Is that where you're headed, back to the red woods?"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
During her travels Oksana had felt that so many things had changed about the lore. Many things had changed for her on a personal level but was it the same for others. The only way to know was to ask so she did.

She titled her head to one side when he answered hoping he might give her a little more information which he did. She nodded as he went on.

"It did," she agreed, "Now we're back," But for what exactly. It was a question she'd been asking herself for awhile. "I suppose it's time to reclaim the land we once called home." She wondered if that was honoring or disappointing those who'd come before them.

She shook her head I'm response to his question. "Before everyone left the lore my mother and I traveled to many places. After finding Heartwood in the state it was in I wondered if all of the lore was like that. I thought I would travel around and find out."
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's head bobbed along in agreement.

"I'm glad it's hospitable again, that wolves can come and enjoy this place once more."

It meant the world to him, actually, though he had only lived with the loss for a few scant months, where others had suffered for two years while the coyotes took what they wanted. He still wondered what it was that had at last gotten them to leave.

"There's a pack forming down to the West too, so I've heard," he told her, hoping that it was what she was hoping for; that the forests were coming back to life, just pack by pack.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Traveling through the lore had been pretty depressing until she'd run into Aleister and now Chan. As he spoke she nodded in agreement. "Me too. When we left I wondered if I'd ever get to come home again."

It wasn't the home she once knew but it was where she was born and where she'd hoped to live out her life. Oksana was determined to make it home again one way or another.

Her ears perked at his announcement. "Thats very good news. Maybe your group and the other are good signs that the lore is coming back to life for us." And by "us" she meant the wolves now that the coyotes were gone. "Have you met any of them?" She hadn't and wondered if they were nice.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's smile took on a sympathetic lilt, as she spoke of worrying that she might never be able to come back. He then bobbed his head to her question.

"Young man named Vayko claimed to be leadin' with his cousin. There was another wolf I ran into once with my brother; Clover. She said she was with a group too."

Whether or not the 'packs' were one in the same, Chan had not a clue. He kind of hoped there was two factions moving into the Lore; the more the merrier, in his opinion. With a jolt, something else jumped to mind; his food. Chan stood and looked over his shoulder, mismatched eyes scanning for the dark lump that would be his kill. If it hadn't been swiped while he'd been distracted.

"Forgot I had food. Wan' a bite?"

There it was; staining the snow with the blood that still bubbled from its wounds.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana often struggled with the thought that she may have stayed in the lore for nothing. Those thoughts had become less after running into Aleister and now Chan was giving her very good news. 

"It sounds like the Lore might be coming back to life," she stated happily. "Perhaps one day I'll get the chance to meet the wolves you speak of."

Maybe staying wasn't such a bad idea after all. The news brought her hope that her old home wasn't going to be lost forever. Oksana was a little lost in thought as she considered going in search of the wolves Vayko and Clover, maybe they had some more information that could help her. So when Chan suddenly asked if she wanted a bite it took a moment to process. Finally she answered. 

"That would be amazing and I would really appreciate it."

It wasn't always easy catching food on her own so if he was going to offer she wouldn't pass it up. 
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan nodded along to Oksana's words; he hopped she'd get to meet Vayko and Clover as well, hoped that they were here to stay. Though, if they weren't, that would be okay too. What mattered most was that everyone was happy, even if it meant an emptier Lore than he was accustomed to.

He grinned back at her as she accepted his offer before turning round and jogging after the blood-smeared lump. He picked it up and brought it over, depositing it back into the snow between them before taking the honors of cutting into the meat & opening the kill. From there it would be ladies first, for a traveler needed fed far more than a pack wolf.