(See All?) Announcements
148 Users Online
Bing, Google

Undertow Plots
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
I'm officially looking for some more threads & plots with Undertow! She's based mostly in Southern Eden and Serpent's Pass, although I plan for her to travel to the Vale of Secrets later this month and I'm willing to have her move around elsewhere to meet folks. She's not really settled into one area, she travels following her 'golden scent', so I'm hoping by next month I'll have shifted her elsewhere. Thank you guys for taking a peek, & I look forward to future threads! <3

THE PLOTS
  • Looking for a medic, who would potentially recognize the aftereffects of her illness  (I'm taking a lot of the symptoms and aftereffects of canine distemper for the cause of her issues) and could talk to her about coping with the changes she went through--the hallucinations akin to synesthesia, her lack of memory, and the distrust she's developing for her senses especially. Probably looking for a few threads with this wolf if available, the discovery of the symptoms and then maybe another where they discuss her ability to trust her senses and how to use them appropriately while hunting especially (right now she survives as much off carrion as possible). If they get along well it'd be really cool if this became someone who was kind of a friend to her down the line!
  • As mentioned above, Undertow can't currently hunt very well. She gets distracted by other scents, or loses track of her own on the wind and doesn't work to stay downwind as she should so her prey runs off. Thus she mostly scavenges others' kills; I'd love for her to get caught doing this. It doesn't have to end in a fight, or be an unpleasant encounter at all--maybe they decide she needs hunting lessons instead of just running her off--but I'm fine with it turning out that way if your wolf's personality would result in it. One thing to note is she won't trespass anywhere for this, she can tell the difference between open territory and claimed ones. I'm also fine with this happening multiple times if more than one person is interested!
  • Undertow has a habit of initially ignoring wolves who approach her because she assumes they're a hallucination at first. I can see this going a lot of different ways, but the idea that some of her actions make others uncomfortable or irritated with her is a notion I kind of want to explore. I don't have more specific ideas than that without an idea of who I'm talking it out with, but I do want threads with folks who won't like Undertow.
  • Undertow needs somebody to trust before she can come in from the cold, as it were, and stop being a lone wolf. I want to find someone who clicks well with her as a friend, maybe even a group who does so, so I'm also looking for threads with wolves who might like Undertow. I'm fine with trying to develop this organically with multiple threads, or plotting things out more thoroughly before we start writing together; I'm just looking for someone who would meet Undertow and then seek her out again afterward, basically.

THE BIG ONE

Undertow is searching for her mate. She's been following her 'golden scent' since waking up from her illness, and it's lead her to the wildwood in a very roundabout fashion. Whether her mate is actually here remains to be seen; if someone already on site has a missing/unnamed off-site mate and wants Undertow for that, I'd be willing to talk it out and see how we think it might work. Then I'd be looking for folks who could point them at each other for a while until they finally meet up again. If there aren't any I might make an adoptable later, but I wanted to post this first to see about an existing character who could be interested. For anyone who wants to know my idea for that:

Her mate never left. They've been searching for her, because she was left alone due to the contagious nature of her illness and when her mate came back to check on her--or recover her body, which is what they feared--they found her gone. It took them a little while longer to get things together so they could follow her, and that made them fall behind and lose her trail, especially as she was wandering in a very odd pattern and not following any rhyme or reason as far as they could tell. They're very concerned that she's still sick, or maybe permanently damaged by the illness (they're right; she is.)

I keep saying 'they' because I'd be fine with a male or female wolf being her mate. Their dynamic used to be that Undertow was sort of a provider, larger and stronger than her mate and very inclined toward hunting and fighting, while they were inclined towards a more intellectual pursuit like medicine, diplomacy, storytelling, etc. When they meet back up this dynamic will have changed significantly due to what Undertow went through and what her mate had to deal with while searching for her. This might put a strain on their relationship--even enough that, after having tracked her down across the distance between their home and Relic Lore, her mate might decide to leave her again. Or maybe their experiences changed them enough, and they love Undertow enough, that they make it work.

I have more little details I'd love to talk out about this for anyone interested. I can see it going a dozen different directions, but unless someone was super interested in plotting it out with me right now I'm going to wait until Undertow is a little more established before making her mate an adoptable character.
Hi there! I am always open for new threads with Aleister who is currently trying to reclaim his birthplace at the Lost Lake. He routinely travels through the Serpent’s Pass and The Heart, so I’m definitely game for having a thread and seeing how it goes?
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Hiya! That sounds like a lot of fun, Aleister seems like an interesting character & I'd love a thread. I've got an AW that's unclaimed here in the drooping willows currently if that's a place that he would pass through (it's old but I'm willing to shift the date around so it takes place more currently, too) otherwise I'd be willing to start a new one for us! :D
[Image: Undertow.png]
Woya is known for being a big bully, I'm sure she wouldn't be very tolerant of Undertow either so if you want a negative encounter that could be it. Only thing is she's in the Secret Falls/Turtleback Lake area in the North West rn.
[Image: RRtfiYG.png]
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
(Mar 04, 2021, 11:26 AM)Undertow Wrote:  Hiya! That sounds like a lot of fun, Aleister seems like an interesting character & I'd love a thread. I've got an AW that's unclaimed here in the drooping willows currently if that's a place that he would pass through (it's old but I'm willing to shift the date around so it takes place more currently, too) otherwise I'd be willing to start a new one for us! :D

I can throw up a reply to that AW today as that works with Aleister's timeline! ♥
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
(Mar 04, 2021, 02:49 PM)Chan Wrote:  Woya is known for being a big bully, I'm sure she wouldn't be very tolerant of Undertow either so if you want a negative encounter that could be it. Only thing is she's in the Secret Falls/Turtleback Lake area in the North West rn.

I plan for Undertow to move toward uhh Red Fern Forest and then start moving north, so they could potentially meet up in the Secret Falls! I only just found the actual map so I'm plotting out a travel route for her to drop threads in now aha. I would love for her to be bullied, though, would you like me to start a thread now or wait until she's moved officially closer to mid-March?

(Mar 04, 2021, 04:29 PM)Aleister Wrote:  I can throw up a reply to that AW today as that works with Aleister's timeline! ♥

Ee awesome, I look forward to it then! <3
hmm woya might actually be in rff then, we can wait to make sure? :3
[Image: RRtfiYG.png]
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
I've got Riven over in Red Fern Forest if you need a medic over near there? ^^ I don't know if that's close enough for her.
(Mar 07, 2021, 10:20 PM)Chan Wrote:  hmm woya might actually be in rff then, we can wait to make sure? :3

It seems like the best plan for me is to actually keep Undertow in RFF for a while, and maybe move her sooner than I thought I would, so I'm down for waiting or having them meet up there! Whichever you prefer c:

(Mar 07, 2021, 10:38 PM)Xulia Wrote:  I've got Riven over in Red Fern Forest if you need a medic over near there? ^^ I don't know if that's close enough for her.

I'm planning to move her to red fern this coming week I think, and keep her there at least the rest of the month! So if he'll still be there during that time I'd love a thread with him. ^^ Let me know if you'd like me to start one!