(See All?) Announcements
676 Users Online
Bing, Google

strangers — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by arla who has 41 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle
andrey realized he should probably connect with his packmates.

Andrey still was not happy.

He was trying—really, truly trying—but this place was not his home. He was not comfortable here, and he did not think he ever would be. Hell, he even tried being complacent and accepting, but his mind and body still yearned for the salty air that had been in his lungs since birth.

The first few nights after the claiming he tried sleeping with the pack, but by the fourth night he found himself drifting further away. Sometimes he would not sleep at all, and would spend his night wandering through the territory they had claimed. They had claimed, not Andrey. No matter how many members of his family were here this place would never be a home to him; he would never claim it as a home. It was all just temporary, until he figured out which direction home was in. Andrey did not even care if there was no home to return to—if the Estuary had been ripped apart by the hoomans—as long as he was by the ocean that was all that mattered. This place, even with the burbling stream, was far too quiet just as the rest of the Lore. Andrey missed the sound of the crashing ocean and squeaking seagulls.

A frown was etched across his dark features, his expression just as gloomy as the weather overhead. His body was sprawled atop an uprooted tree, his chin resting atop his forelegs. Until he figured out how to get home he needed to play nice, for his brother’s sake. He knew that his brother was already unhappy that he did not want to call this place home, and as much as he did not want to be here Andrey also did not want to upset his brother any further.

Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

There was a lot to think about now, Sharlee's nose wasn't freaking broke. It was clear that her cousin had not only done what he said but apparently lied to her. Viorel going and knocking up two women, he apparently wasn't as scared he was going to mess up the lives of his children as he had acted. Now he had double the opportunity. That wasn't even the tip of the iceburg of how Sharlee felt. 

She was supposed to be his advisor and she thought they were friends. He couldn't even be bothered to keep her up to date. Her only showed what kind of leader/advisor relationship they were going to have. The word betrayed danced on her tongue but she didn't want to utter it. Perhaps she was in denial that he would dangle this title, this role in front of her only to keep her around. 

The tawny Valle stalked through the territory. She wanted to hunt something hoping it might make her feel a little better. She was stopped by the scent of her other cousin Andrey. They hadn't really had a chance to spend time together and maybe it would help her to feel a little better about things. Mostly she felt she needed to reconnect with him and see how he was doing. She changed directions until she finally caught up with him. "Hey Andrey, I was hoping we could catch up?" She asked as she approached him.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

His eyelids had fallen shut the longer he remained on his perch, but his ears were still fully in tune to his surroundings. He could hear his cousin shuffling through the snow, frustration fuelling her steps, long before her voice had spilled into the air between them. She seemed just as content on staying here as his brother was—hell, she was even his Second alongside her brother, Vayko. Andrey could not figure it out. Why did they want to stay here so badly? Had they all given up on finding their way back to the Estuary? If they wanted to separate from the Council so badly why didn’t they claim a slice of land along the coast as their own? What was so damn special about this place?

"Hey Andrey, I was hoping we could catch up?”

A soft sigh rolled off his tongue before he could stop himself, his eyes slowly reopening as they adjusted to the change in light. Sure, he responded, despite his preference to be alone. You’re trying to appease your brother, he had to remind himself as he studied her troubled features. She was not happy about something.

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

Sharlee couldn't help but wonder how Viorel's choices will affect the pack. She didn't even know if he was planning to tell the rest of the pack or just let them figure it out on their own. She hoped that he would tell them because she feared what might happen if he didn't. She knew how she felt now and that could bleed into the rest of the pack if it turned out they ended up feeling the same. They would be over before they even begun, where would that leave her?

She needed a distraction which came in the form of her cousin. Andrey was a sight,  in fact she hadn't seen him so she was tha kful to get this chance. The young Valle girl didn't waste a moment before he decided to slip away again. She didn't know much about his thoughts on all that was happening so it might be a good time to find out. 

He agreed to a small catch up session she supposed was a way to refer to it. She offered him a soft smile, "I can tell somethings not quite right with you." He didn't seem to be the Andrey she remembered from back home. "Do you want to talk about it. I mean I know a lot has happened and I'd be happy to listen if you want to talk about it." She didn't like seeing him like this.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle
so sorry for the wait, @Sharlee

I can tell something’s not quite right with you. Of course something wasn’t right with Andrey. Nothing was right about him being here. Almost four months had passed since they arrived in this strange place and he still had not come to terms. He was not sure he ever would accept this place as him home, no matter how long he lingered. It was not the ocean; the Estuary. It would never compare to the beautiful coastline he had grown up alongside. And why his brother had chosen here of all places to settle… it did not make sense to the Valle youth.

Whatever.

Do you want to talk about it. Not really, he answered quickly, his expression still sullen as he turned toward her. Andrey was not really the type to talk about his feelings. Or anything, really. His world had been displaced when he had woken up in the lands of Lore; he no longer felt like himself.

And the longer he remained here, the less Andrey he felt.

How’re you? He asked, his gaze narrowing softly. She looked just as troubled as he was, but for a different reason.

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

Sharlee felt badly that she hadn't sought out her cousin sooner. It was true he'd been away but she should have checked up in him once he was back. It was clear from the expression he wore that he was upset about something. She didn't know though what it was though there were many possibilities. Perhaps he was upset for the same reason she was. It could also be a completely different reason.

The young Valle girl decided that she would give him the chance to talk about it. Andrey turned her down however amd this brought a frown to her face but she did push him to talk. Instead she said, "Okay, but if you change your mind I'm always here and willing to listen." Maybe just knowing he had someone to listen to him would help. 

She wasn't surprised when he asked her how she was. Sharlee didn't want to go around telling everyone about what Viorel had done. As his advisor he needed to trust her but she also wanted to offer Andrey something. "I'm okay," she told, "I've just been having a disagreement with Vi." Sharlee didn't think that their leader was involved in the disagreement but that was the best way to describe it she thought. "I'm sure in time it will resolve itself." At least she hoped it did. 

Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

He nodded at her response and offered her a small smile to show he appreciated her concern. Andrey just did not want to talk about how he felt—especially since all the former Estuary wolves seemed so happy here. Had the coast been that bad, and Andrey been oblivious to it? What was he missing?

I’ve just been having a disagreement with Vi. His ears twitched at the mention of his brother, and his brows lifted with youthful curiosity. A disagreement? He echoed, the words tumbling off his tongue before he was able to stop them. What has my brother done now? He mused, although genuinely curious as to what his brother and Sharlee could be disagreeing about. Viorel had grown closer with their cousins since their arrival in the Lore—but Andrey did not mind. He had not been much fun to be around, and Andrey did not to bring his brother down anymore than he already had.

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
The last thing she wanted to do was pressure her cousin into talking about something he may not feel comfortable with. She could and did let him know that she was willing to listen should he change his mind. They hadn't been close as of late but that didn't mean that that cared any less for him. She wanted him to be happy but lately he just didn't seem to be. She felt a little helpless but she couldn't help if he wouldn't talk to her. Sharlee hoped he might come and speak with her.

She met his gaze when he asked what she and Viorel were disagreeing about. "About when he should seek my advice considering I'm his advisor and all," she stated some of her residual frustration seeping into her tone. She didn't want to give too much away as to what the full span of the disagreement was so she kept it at that. "I feel he should trust me with anything and be able to come to ve about anything. I'm not sure he feels the same," she explained a little further wo during what Andrey might think about it.
(This post was last modified: Aug 10, 2021, 11:35 PM by Sharlee.)