(See All?) Announcements
693 Users Online
Google, Bing, Magg, Vanadis

Hush, it's okay — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
RE: Woya Nash, you awake to glowing eyes staring at you from the dark. AW!

The smoke was finally clearing, but its effects were not so fast to abate. Nash's lungs still hurt, @Eclypse was still sick, and everyone else was still struggling through their lethargy. The hunt had been a good exercise, but he at least had needed a long rest after. At least now he could breathe clean air outside the den, and could leave the safer space for other members of the pack to take advantage of. Even more so now they had a second elder to be concerned about with @Tulip suddenly arriving.

At least she made his mother happy.

Tonight he'd chosen to sleep just outside the den's mouth, where he could keep watch but stay close. He'd been sleeping well, until something - he wasn't sure what - woke him. He went from a dream to wide awake in an instant, lifting his head and scanning his surroundings. His gaze caught on the culprit: a pair of eyes, glowing in the dim moonlight, watching him from the shadows.

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

I hope its okay to toss her in this! I'd be down for a spooky outcome!

The smoke lingered, continuing to hold the wolves of the Cove in its grip. Everyday the elderly woman hoped it would finally vanish and its affects would wear off from her family. Her own health was the least of her concerns, per usual. With her age came bouts of sleeplessness, no longer being able to sleep all the way through the night nor stay up throughout the day without a nap, much like a young pup. This particular night was no exception. She laid quietly just within the den, not having been up for more that ten minutes when she her Nash stir outside. A single silver tipped ear flicked towards the entrance as he head remained atop her forelimbs. It wasnt until she heard him sit up did she decide to investigate.

"What is i-" she began to ask in a hushed tone before catching sight of the glowing pair of eyes. Instinctively her hackles stood on end as a quiet warning growl rumbled in her chest.  The dim moonlight masked who owned the glowing pair of eyes which only added to the uneasy feeling that had washed over her. Without even thinking she moved in front of Nash as her maternal instincts surged into over drive. She would protect her child and everyone else who slept within the den.

Word Count: 221
(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2023, 12:16 AM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

He wasn't aware of the low growl rumbling in his throat until his mother's voice joined his and suddenly she was stepping in front of him. He jumped to his feet and moved to stand at her side, his hackles raising. She was his mother, but he was both leader and guardian of the pack and he would not hide behind her when there might be a threat.

Glancing at his mother, Nash slowly advanced on the eyes. His head was low and he moved only a tiny step at a time. His nose twitched as he tried to catch the scent of whatever visitor they had. He was going to feel silly if it turned out to be a deer or something equally harmless. If it was a badger or a fox, however...

Nothing hit his nose and Nash paused, ears straining forward and pausing his growl to try and catch a sound from the thing. It didn't even appear as a silhouette in the dark; just two, glowing eyes, watching them without emotion.

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

I am so sorry about the wait! :( <3

Her focus remained lasered on the glowing pair of eyes that hauntingly stared back at them as Nash moved out from behind her. He stood next to her with hackles raised also growling low at the mystery. Her silver dusted audits stood at attention atop her head. Her gaze only waivered once, when Nash began to approach slowly. Her breath hitched expecting something to move at his advance. To both their surprise nothing did what they expected. Blinking in confusion Moonshadow released the breath she was holding and inhaled deeply. There was nothing lingering in the air to alert them to another creatures presence. How curious...

Carefully, the mother too moved slowly towards the apparition. She was completely taken aback at what was happening. The feeling in the air remained unsettling, something was off.

Word Count: 133
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
My turn to apologize for the wait

Nash's mother was at his side even as he slowly stalked forward, hackles on end and head level with his back. He held himself low, coiled like a serpent ready to strike should the eyes make a move. They didn't even blink, just watched. He hated the lack of scent, the lack of direction, and as much as he wanted to chase the apparition away from the den he was also just unsettled enough to fear stepping into the shadows. It was almost like he was a pup again, hiding against his mother's flank from the nightmares that lurked in the night.

"Mom," he said, voice still quiet and rumbling with a growl, "what do you smell?"