(See All?) Announcements
320 Users Online
Bing, atalietts2772, Google

Sanguine Cove Pack Thread — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.

Sanguine Cove Pack Thread

This is the Pack Interaction Thread for the Sanguine Cove pack. This thread is open to all Sanguine Cove wolves. The location of this thread is outside the pack den. Because this is a Pack thread, it cannot be archived or removed for inactivity. This serves as a place for basic and general social gathering. However, it will not serve as a place for pack meetings or threads with a specific purpose. For more information, please see THIS informational thread.

(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2022, 06:28 PM by Chan.)
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The last week or so has kept the inky Eastfall woman plenty busy. With not one, but two litters on the way there was more an enough to do, especially with one ready to be here any day now. Moonshadow had done her best to keep the caches filled near @Aquene and @Kip's chosen birthing dens. She also collected and cleaned various pelts for the dens as well. Today she laid near the mouth of the communal den with two rabbit pelts, one for each expectant mother. Using her small teeth she preened the blood and other debris out of the fur. It was important to have the pelts clean. This keeps scavengers from snooping around.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Cade who has 850 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
This time, before his trip, he timed things so that he was up as his family would likely be filtering back in. Chan sat a yard or so away from the den's entrance, mismatched eyes watching the scenery before him expectantly for the forms of @Moonshadow or @Nash. He would be happy to say goodbye to all of his pack mates, but those were the two wolves he certainly could not leave without meeting with.

The mountain night possessed a cool breeze that passed him by in steady gusts, almost like the sky was breathing. The sky above was clear, only occasionally marred by a cloud that passed swiftly thanks to that driving wind. Chan felt confident he was looking at far travel, and would be able to be back quickly.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 588 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
direct response to Chan; I'm assuming it's evening?

Nash was heading back to the den for a short nap before heading back out. He was trying to keep busy, keeping the territory safe and the caches stocked for the pups. Sometimes he had to remind himself to take a break before he just collapsed wherever he was at the time. At least he felt safe within the confines of the territory.

He paused when he saw Chan waiting outside the den. Wasn't Chan usually out by now...? Nash's gut twisted, but he approached his brother and bumped him in their standard fond greeting.

Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled when he saw Nash appear, and his tailed started thumping the ground. He leaned into the greeting, knocking his muzzle affectionately across the younger wolf's crown before speaking.

"Hey. I'm gonna take the medicine we gathered down to the Backwater tomorrow. It should only take a week at most. Jethro's going with me."
Played by Flywolf who has 588 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash had suspected his brother was leaving again, but at least this time he was taking someone with him. He forced a smile. "That's kind. Say hi to Sharlee for me, if you see her?" Nash had promised to visit, but hadn't been able to make himself leave again. Funny how that worked...

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The aging shadow usually turned in early nowadays, though she didnt really sleep all the way through the night either. More like multiple long naps through the course of twenty-four hours. Tonight was no different, she had turned in a few hours before and began to stir at the sound of her children's voices. Slowly coming to the large inky woman let out a yawn before getting up and exiting the den, making sure to not disturb anyone else who may be sleeping within the den.

She blinked a few times once she left the den, being able to make out the forms of her sons. She let out a small woof as she smiled at them and moved to greet them both. After giving each boy of them a nudge to their cheeks she gave her long limbs a good stretch. She caught Chan telling Nash he was leaving the next day while she was still in the den so she was caught up as Nash responded. She just smiled and waited for Chan to respond to his younger brother.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Chan Eastfall
Nash seemed off, nowhere near as stoic as he'd appeared the last time Chan had departed to visit the Backwater but still appearing... affected. Chan's smile softened, but he tried not to dwell on it. It was okay. They were okay.

Sharlee, eh?

"Definitely," he confirmed with a nod, as their mother appeared and approached them both. Hearing her, Chan turned, and realized as he saw that she'd already been sleeping. Whoops. The younger wolf leaned into her touch, returning it fondly.

They both seemed off in a way. He didn't like that.

"I love you guys. Take care of each other."

Take care of mom, he wanted to tell Nash specifically, but was confident that of course the younger Eastfall would regardless of whether instructed to or not. Chan gave them each a wolfish hug, and then it was time to get going, seek out Jethro and gather their things. He gave them both one last smile then turned and left.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

This winter was absolutely unrelenting. Just when she thought they were getting their footing once more another tragedy struck. This time a child was torn away from them. Moon's soul was all but shattered at this point. While young Sephrina hadn't been one of their own, her safety and wellbeing were entrusted to the cove wolves and they had failed her and the Backwater. Guilt wracked the aging Eastfall woman causing her to take a visit to her husbands grave. She had spent just about all day across the lake, seeking solace with those who aren't with them anymore. It was late as she returned to the communal den, the darkness playing tricks on her hazy vision. A small misstep was made as she tried to quietly enter. The grandmother hoped no one else had witnessed the misstep as it would give away her age.

Word Count: 145
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The air was crisp and filled with the scent of mulch and lingering smoke. A cough escaped her lungs. Luckily no one was around to hear it so she let it come in full force without attempting to stifle it at all. Even though the smoke at lessened her coughing had not and deep down inside her Moonshadow had a feeling it would never fully leave her. She couldnt quite place her paw on the feeling but something was telling her that her time was beginning to become very limited. She had tried her best to spend as much time as she could with everyone in the pack. She also did her best to keep an eye on her youngest granddaughter, but as she grew bigger and more curious, the grandmother wasnt able to keep up with her like she had with her older siblings and cousins.

Laying at the mouth of the communal den the black phased woman simply listened to the sounds of her home - or at least the ones that were close enough for her to still hear. Her hazy gaze watched as the sun slipped behind the peaks that shielded them from the rest of the world. She loved this valley with all her heart and everyone in it. She wasn't quite ready to leave them. A small sigh left her salt and pepper maw as she closed speckled lids over her mercury orbs. She slipped into a light sleep as she waited for her family to turn in for the night. She wasn't leaving them tonight but she couldn't say that forever.