(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hera, Baidu

you're loud without a sound — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Sorry I took so long with this, thank you guys for your patience! Wanted to encompass the whole history quickly but obviously I did not pull that off, so this will just be about Vesper & Namid. ^^; I will be posting again in roughly a week. Anyone is still welcome to join to establish being present.

There were no questions, much to Chan's surprise. When telling tales to young children, he'd found they often interrupted with commentary or queries. Leo, however, remained quietly attentive, reminding the Eastfall of the boy's father. Those still dwelling with in the cave were hushed as well, and so he happily pushed on for his rapt audience.

"What was missing, was love," he continued.

"As queenly as his partner was, love did not grow between them. Vespertio thought this too could be brought under his control, that he simply needed to make it work, but her destiny was elsewhere, and there was no keeping her from it. Likewise, Vesper's destiny would not be kept from him, even if he couldn't immediately recognize it. You see, where we want to be where and we are at home, at our best, are not always one in the same. It can take years for life to lead you to a place, or wolf, that makes you feel whole. Namid Macieo was the missing piece, but it took time for her to make her way to the Cove, her final home, and of course time thereafter for the two to uncover the wealth of love between them.

When it finally was found and fostered, that love did not just benefit them; it effectively became the heart and soul of the pack as they shared kindness, patience and encouragement with each and every one of their pack mates. No longer was he the king of a castle made from stone and ice. Vesper and his pack became family, and boy did that family grow. Without their love, not a single one of us would be here. Not Aleister, not myself nor Nash, not even you,"
 he lifted a paw and used it to poke Leo gently. He'd meant to take the story farther, but it had taken long enough to reach this point, and so he decided to taper off before anyone went into deep sleep. After all, that just meant he'd have more new stories for later.

"Of course, that's just what started our story. It wasn't long after that a trio was born on our lake's shore; calm Cernan, headstrong Neha and adventurous Aleister. They saw bear maulings, invading boars and an army of coyotes. They welcomed war heroes and scholars to their ranks, each leaving their mark on wolves and land alike. There's a story for every inch of this valley, thanks to the Vuesains."

His gaze returned to little Leo, and he gave a wink while promising; "We'll make sure you hear 'em all."

Before too long, the boy would be making his own stories as well.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

As her eldest began his tale the dark mother smiled allowing her silver dusted tail to sweep the ground beneath her. She snuggled in against Nash and smiled. The picture that was painted was a beautiful one. Moon knew that Namid would have absolutely loved this story. Chan spoke of Namid and Vesper’s love story, then the birth of the triplets, telling little Leo how this was just the beginning of the Cove’s rich history. He and the rest of the cove members would be sure to tell the pup all of the other stories. She glanced and the small boy smiling at the next generation, excited to watch him and his siblings grow.

Word Count: 114
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

Another dark wolf joined them before the story began, earning a stern nod from the quiet pup at his comment – He knew. As Chan began his tale and everyone settled in, Leo was instantly captivated. He paid no attention at all to the presented meal, his eyes fixed on the tawny man as his story took shape, growing wider with every mention of another peril that this unknown hero had faced.

The mention of mountain climbing did not go over his head, but he was momentarily distracted by his mother nuzzling at his ear, making him twist his head into her touch. He briefly accepted the caress, but quickly pulled away, too interested in the story to allow himself to get drawn away, and it seemed Kip too was curious about the pack history. Leo made a mental note to ask about mountains and valleys later.

The subject turned to love, and the attentive boy scooted a little closer, as curious about this as he was anything new. But especially when it came to emotions, still so big and confusing to the young pup, he held his ears perked, wanting to understand what motivated so many of the actions of the wolves around him. Chan explained that love was the reason they were all here, and Leo titled his head, his brow furrowing slightly as he pondered this news idea. He flinched slightly at the touch, startling him out of his thoughts, but then smiled hesitantly up at the adult. The boy didn’t usually enjoy being the centre of attention, but there was something exhilarating about hearing a story with himself in it.

The promise of more stories made his smile widen, and he nodded enthusiastically at Chan’s words. Then, glancing sideways at his mother, he quickly added: “Pwease.” He wanted to know everything about his pack and how it came to be, as well as how he came to be.

”Speech" Thoughts
[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
It was fun for Nash to sit quietly back and listen to the pack's history. Chan had clearly paid attention to all the stories they were told growing up, and had probably heard a fair few more than his younger brother had. For example, he hadn't known that Namid wasn't the first queen of the pack. Perhaps he'd heard the tale before and simply hadn't remembered it. Whoever the previous queen was, they owed her for founding the pack, but in the end she'd left and Namid had taken her place - and therefore, her existence in the story didn't deserve more than a passing mention.

Nash smiled at the mention of war heroes; their dad, it must be. He glanced at his mother.

Leo certainly seemed to be enjoying the story, and was clearly interested in hearing more. Maybe Nash could take him on a story-telling journey some day, when the boy was bigger.