373 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nash, Finley, Chan, Oleander

[m] echo, as wide as the equator — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
so sorry for the delay >.<

As soon as he arrived, the mother chuffed out to him and beckoned him closer, so he obliged. Shuffling on all four, he crawled halfway through the entrance, his mismatched gaze peering into the darkness of the birthing den. Triangular ears laid against his skull as a whimper fell from her ebony maw as she pushed and birthed their first child. It was then that he truly realized what love at first sight felt like as his world came to an abrupt halt. Aleister was speechless, but the grin that filled his ebony lips could bring light to the darkest corner. 

Slipping out quickly, his mismatched gaze bright as he looked over those that were nearby. "We have a girl!" He exclaimed before catching the sight of Mavis off in the distance near the outskirts of the surrounding den area. Catching her gaze, he gave her a warm smile knowing how this could be difficult for her. It surely was difficult for the Vuesain, but he could only blame himself. 

Crawling back into the den, excited to see how many children their were going to bear. This time something felt wrong the whole time as Al watched Aquene. It was too fast and as he caught sight of the little pup, there were no cries to be heard. His heart dropped into a dark pit as his gaze scoured the tiny boy and the face of Aquene. He shared the fear that filled the den as she attempted to revive him, but slowly that fear soured into sadness and despair as they both realized the worst. Their son never took a breath even as Aquene nudged and nudged him. His shoulders sagged as he crawled closer to rest his muzzle on Aquene's forearm in attempt to comfort her and himself. 

"He should have a name," he whispered solemnly as his mismatched eyes gazed at his two children. "Our son should have a name to remember him by." He will not be forgotten or forsaken.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

There was mention of a girl. She smiled softly at the sight, a soft look in her eyes as her entire world moved, it’s focal point being the small life that she had just brought into the world. She loved it, she loved her. Next, there was their little boy who would never draw a breath into the world. She kept fighting, trying to bring a breathe of fresh air into his lungs but nothing happened. The boy did not move and the grief crippled her instantly. She felt his touch, trying to comfort her but it was impossible to comfort her in this moment. How could anyone?

Their son was gone, and she felt there could be no one or nothing to blame other than herself. Something had happened inside of her body that had killed him, and that grief would weigh on her indefinitely.

A name? She let out a soft whine, pain etched in her eyes as she considered the possibilities. “Peyter.” The word fell from her lips. “It was my grandfather’s name…” She was spiritual to some degree, though nothing compared to others she had known… and giving him that name would help guide his spirit to the stars. Her grandfather Peyter would watch over him. Her mother had often told her stories of her grandfather’s kindness, his good heart and his loving and nurturing nature. She had never met him for he had passed before she was born, but she remembered.

She needed to know that their son’s spirit was safe.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The seasoned mother knew they would have news soon enough so she remained calm. A low whine emerged next to her caused her silver dusted ear to swivel. Moon looked to her lookalike with a warm smile and gave him a reassuring lick to the bridge of his muzzle. She could tell he was anxious and hoped that this would help calm him. Not long after her efforts did Aleister emerge from the birthing den to bring them news of a baby girl. Her silver dusted tail thumped hard against the ground as a a wide smile pulled her inky lips up to reveal yellowed canines. A little girl blessed them and would be the first bundle of joy of the cove. Aleister moved back into the den and within moments mercury pools could easily detect the change in his demeanor. It was subtle but dread instantly filled the dark Eastfall woman. Painful flashbacks filled her mind as a whine of her own escaped her maw. Her ears fell against her head and her tail stilled, silver orbs plastered on the den's entrance. She prayed to every deity possible that the new parents would not have to endure, what she thought to be the worst experience that could happen to someone. Please dont let it be. It was too soon to start a new graveyard.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 587 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
The gathering around the den was waiting eagerly, and Nash let out a short happy bark at Aleister's news of a baby girl. New life for a new Cove; it was a momentous day. Nash was beside himself with excitement, silently promising to do everything in his power to protect and provide for Aleister's children - for the future of the Cove.

Then something changed. The excited atmosphere fell, and even Moon, who had so patiently and calmly waited beside him, became depressed. She whined, and Nash felt her tense. Worry filled him. "Mama?" he murmured, not wanting to disturb Aleister and Aquene. He suspected what was happening, and he glanced at his brother. Nash's own sister had survived, but he knew Chan had been born with a littermate that didn't.

This would be hard for the whole pack, but Aquene most of all. Nash wanted nothing more than to crawl forward and offer his own comfort, but he knew that wouldn't be appreciated. So he waited, still with senses straining forward. His time to help would come.

Played by Cade who has 850 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Aleister slipped completely into the den, causing Chan's brows to furrow with confusion. It was unusual anyone but the father was allowed near a birthing mother, but of course it was her first time, and she'd been so scared before, maybe she just wanted comfort? Half of him expected the man to back out just as quickly, Aquene's snarls chasing him off. Instead, time passed. When he did emerge, it was with news; a girl. Chan's tail thumped the ground a couple of times, but the happiness in the air dissipated soon after.

Something was wrong, it could be sensed washing outward from the den's throat. His muscles tensed, and his mind began to spin. 'So I have to handle my own medical care and writhe in pain,' Aquene's voice echoed around his skull as his heart hammered inside of his chest. There was no panic yet, but who knew how many more children she had inside of her waiting to come out? He might need to be able to stopper bleeding, dull her pain, prevent infection, intervene if one was stuck and... dammit, what were all of the steps to take if a pup wasn't breathing? While mostly rare, there was so much that could happen, if only he knew what exactly was going on beneath the earth...

If Aleister hadn't already been within the birthing den, Chan might've dared to creep over the threshold himself, to make sure. He cursed himself for assuming everything would just work out, for not taking on the role of medic when Aquene first went out of commission. It would have been better than no one at all. The dominoes had already been aligned and engaged, however; all he could do now was stand and ready himself for action, whether it was sprinting to get supplies or shoving himself into the cramped space to try and doctor for the woman.
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2021, 12:33 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Short fade to get this wrapped properly

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Aquene had the herbs necessary to care for herself with her, and was able to take them. The exhaustion associated with the birth overtook her quickly, her daughter tucked against her side nursing obediently as she felt her eyes start to drift closed. She was not prepared for the exhaustion associated with the birth, nor the pain… both mentally and emotionally as well as physically. No one could truly be prepared for the events that happened today. She quickly found her rest, leaving her body to start recovering from the laborious process of giving birth… mentally, it would take much longer.

Fade

[Image: jNJyCis.png]