(See All?) Announcements
451 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Google, Apollo, Baidu

it really doesn't seem like there's anyone for me — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Open for one other Sanguine Cove member!

God, she felt miserable. Kip stumbled out from behind a bush, where she'd just emptied her stomach for the second time that day, leaving a sour taste in her mouth. Nausea was a constant throughout her pregnancy, but she was genuinely getting sick of it - no pun intended. Her stomach was huge at this point, but Kip remained small everywhere else, and she didn't know if she should be concerned about that or not.

It was all gross. She hated every second of this. The pups had better be so cute, for all her suffering.

The tiny woman padded down to the waterside and leaned down to take a drink, parched after the whole throwing-up-everything-she-had-ever-eaten debacle. Her fur was unkempt and she knew she looked a mess - she'd been sleeping for the most part for the last several days, and she knew she should probably have a better den dug out, but she hadn't thought much about that at all recently. She just felt tired.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Ive been wanting a Moon/Kip thread forever now! <3

Since the claiming of the new cove there hadn't been much down time. With two litters on the way there was plenty that needed to be done. Moonshadow happily hunted and marked borders and made sure each expectant mother would need for next to nothing. In the week and a half since @Aquene had given birth, the ebony shewolf grieved for the young pup and first time mother's loss. She felt guilty for not having checked up on Kip nearly as much as she would have liked. This is why sought the cream colored woman. She hoped to have more of an actual conversation if she was feeling up to it. Though being so close to term Moonshadow would not take it personally if the expectant mother didnt want to.

Large inky paws moved easily through the foliage, stepping over boulders and weaving between trees and bushes. Her coal nose picked up on Kips heavy scent not far from the waters edge. This wasnt the only scent on the air. The mixture of partially digested food and stomach acid lingered nearby. The experienced mother knew all too well what that meant. It wasnt long before Kip's cream form was sighted at the edge of the lake. With a chuff Moon alerted the other woman to her presence and gave her a warm empathetic smile. Though she is grateful for her children, she did not miss the seemingly endless waves of nausea.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
So have I! <3

The woman who approached her was large, and Kip honestly felt pretty tiny in comparison. She recognized her, though - she didn't think she'd had much of a conversation with her, but she had seen her around the territory, and part of her wondered if they'd met before, a long while ago. She definitely wouldn't've been surprised, if that were the case.

Aquene had given birth - Kip had dodged the situation to the best of her abilities, having run into some... issues in the past with mothers giving birth, and she didn't really think she'd be able to handle it if Aleister had knocked her away from the den like Odin had. If she got pushed down like this, she might even risk hurting her own pups, so she'd been avoiding the other woman's den like the plague.

"Hi," she rasped, cringing at the roughness of her own voice - hoarse from the sickness. "I, uh... I'm kind of gross right now. Sorry." Her skin burned under her fur; she was usually more presentable than this, but she felt bad right now.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Baby brain and old lady brain lol XD

The very pregnant woman replied her voice hoarse, which came as no surprise to the seasoned mother. Keeping her empathetic smile the onyx woman sat across from her companion. Pale tipped ears flicked back momentarily as Kip apologized for her appearance, before quickly returning to their position pressed forwards. Moon gave her head a small shake before replying. "Oh no no dear. There is nothin' for ya to apologize for." Her mercury gaze met their sea foam counter parts and a flash of recognition ran across her mind. Had Moon come across this woman before? She was usually so good at remembering faces. The Eastfall woman had a moment of panic as the realization of her age hit her like a train. Was this her new reality? Creaky joints, achy bones and now forgetfulness?

Shoving the panic down, Moon refocused her gaze on the mother to be. They simply may have never met and she's freaking out for no reason. "I remember I was much worse off during both my pregnancies" Moon chuckled, mainly to lighten her own mood but also to reassure her companion.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
It's so cute!

The older woman reassured her, and Kip relaxed, a small smile forming on her maw. She felt bad for avoiding most of these wolves - they all seemed so nice, and she wanted to be part of the pack, intrinsically, but she just felt so uncomfortable. Especially being so pregnant and so unable to contribute anything of value, like hunting or scouting or anything. In all honesty, she didn't even know how Aleister felt about her, really, or what she was even doing here. But she wanted that to change.

"It sucks. I can't remember the last time I ate and didn't throw it back up," she admitted, sitting down and glaring at her swollen stomach. "How did you handle that? I'm almost worried they're starving, or something. I know I'm hungry." She turned her attention back to the larger woman, allowing herself to be vulnerable for a moment. Maybe Moon would be able to help.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The very tiny and disproportionately sized cream woman explained how the suckiness of being pregnant. Moon let out another chuckle in solidarity. She hadn't been the biggest fan of pregnancy either while she was pregnant but was grateful for the results of them. She would happily repeat the process to bring all of her children into the world. "I remember being able to practically eat an entire elk to myself. But, right before giving birth I was unable to hold hardly anythin' down." The ebony woman empathized with what the other female was going through. Kip asked her how she had handled the constant throwing up and nausea as well as her worries that the pups were going hungry because of how hungry she felt. "While it may feel that way I assure ya the pups are just fine." The older woman assured her younger companion with a wider smile. "I tried to keep eating no matter how much I didnt want to, I drank plenty of water 'n also chewed on an herb called pineapple weed. I could bring ya some if ya like." Moonshadow offered wanting to help in any way she could. By no means was she a medic or had any extensive knowledge of any herbs. She simply remembered pineapple weed and sweet grass from Namid's advice and treatment while she had been pregnant.

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
"See, I feel hungry enough to eat an entire elk, but it'd just come right back up again if I tried. It's been like this for weeks now," she told her, ears pressing back against her skull. "I don't know if I'd ever wanna do this again. Sometimes I wonder if it's gonna be worth it." She lowered her head a bit, shame flooding her system. Weren't mothers supposed to love their pups? She'd heard stories of pregnant women cooing over their baby bumps and knowing just how much they'd love the kids even before they were born, but Mavis... she wasn't so confident.

Seafoam eyes turned upward to meet Moon's, and she relaxed just slightly under her pale gaze. The reassurance was nice, and it did make her feel better. The woman before her had been a mother twice now, if she recalled correctly, so surely she knew what she was talking about. "You... could we go together, to get it?" she asked hopefully, not wanting to make the other woman do all the work for her. "I need to stretch my legs." And not be alone. It felt like she spent a lot of time on her own these days.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Kip admitted that her inability to keep anything down had been happening for weeks. That was a bit concerning for the older woman. She personally had had no problem keeping her food down until about the final week if not just a little more than a week before she gave birth, both times. Though she knew each woman had a different experience and even different experience between their own pregnancies. Getting the pale woman some pineapple weed rocketed to the top of Moonshadow's to do list. To some, the next statement from the young mother to be would have been shocking and cause for concern. However, Moon understood all too well the feelings her companion had. "I've heard of some women who love to be pregnant...I honestly don't see the appeal." She chuckled lightheartedly. "Don't get me wrong, I love each of my children, but twice was enough. I actually lost my memory when I was pregnant with Chan during the beginning so I feel like I kinda cheated" The raven colored woman explained sheepishly with her ears splayed back and a cheesy grin. She and Tagg were blessed with a second opportunity to expand their family and despite not being a fan of pregnancy it was something she had wanted to do. Looking back she was grateful she had for more than one reason. Not only for Nash and Staryn, but because it would be their last chance. Tagg had passed away the following winter and her children were all she had left of him.

Having a more pressing desire to help Moon offered to bring Kip some pineapple weed to chew on to hopefully help her keep food down. The small woman asked fi she could go with the inky woman explaining she needed to stretch her legs. A wide smile parted her inky lips to expose tarnished canines "Of course! I'd love the company!" She explained happily. Though of course the woman knew they would have to stick close to home as Kip was very much near term and shouldn't really be traveling. But the raven woman understood the need for relief and change of scenery.