(See All?) Announcements
442 Users Online
Google, Armand, Hazelnut, Vili

Keep Your Head Up — Arbol Rosado 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 363 posts.
Paradise Falls VI. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila
For @Gwendolyn <3 Hope you're okay with me getting this up now, I needed something to get me started :3
Dated: March 22.

@Chan had some more scouting to do before heading back to the mountain, and in the meantime, Flair’s own eagerness to reunite with the Cove wolves had cooled considerably. Her brain was a flurry of thoughts, once again doubting her compatibility with pack life as well as her feelings about… A lot of other things. So, instead of turning her nose homewards as she had otherwise promised, the fiery shewolf had stayed in the area where she grew up, trying to shake that last bit of nostalgia. It wasn’t even a nice feeling anymore, just felt like something sticky clinging to her fur, trying its hardest to make her stay, even though all the area meant to her anymore was misery.

On the positive side, spring was finally making its arrival, washing over the Edens with characteristic splendor. Snow still covered the ground, but everywhere trees and bushes were sprouting, breaking up the uniform white with spots of bright green. The air too carried the promise of summer, a distinct, if only slight, warming as well as a particular scent, one that was hard to put your paw on, but unmistakable none the less. With a heavy sigh, Flair indulged in this small joy, walking the rows of the Cherry Orchard with her head held high, every breath filling her body with the lush of spring.

Amber eyes swept eagerly over the trees as she went, spotting every bud and new leaf, trying to hold on to the excitement spring brought, while forgetting its other side effects. That’s when she spotted it, bright against the virgin green as well as the snows white; Oh yeah, that’s right… The leaves were still coming in, but the tree was easily recognizable, towering above the others on its small hill, its branches lined with pink fuzz. A fresh wave of nostalgia washed over the russet girl, tightening her chest a little as she remembered her mother dragging her along on several trips to the orchard, and always halting under the rose-leafed tree.

Word count:

”Speech" Thoughts