Google, Viorel, Finley, Bing, Oleander, Hazelnut, Apolline

fallen star — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 30 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Aubine Gerau
fyi; All Welcome!

RE: A meteor shower overtakes the sky!

July 2nd; Late night; Scattered Clouds; 51.8 ° F, 11 ° C.

Aubine, like her brother, had been difficult to find. Hard to catch, easy to miss, and downright evasive when it came to mingling. The truth was that she didn't mind being on her own. At least, for now. There was work to be done and cubs to mind on the offhand. Even if they weren't hers, there was a sense of duty that lingered within her without the slightest tinge of envy. If the future saw her heavy with cubs and nursing a brood at her belly, it would come to fruition. Maybe next year...

As she traversed her brother's path, she carried herself low. Every so often she sniffed and stamped her paw into the ground; and, so far, there was nothing suspicious or out of place.

Overhead, an owl hooted a territorial call and Aubine lifted her head with an amused smile. Guess she wasn't the only one out tonight keeping the rogues at bay. The clouds drifted lazily across the sky, parting enough to define where one ended and one began. The waning crescent moon remained hidden away. Aubine's eyes remained skyward as wondered which way the owl had gone. Then, without warning, a long streak of white glinted against a backdrop of midnight black.

She blinked.

Another spark of white. And another. And another.

Aubine strode forward to where there was a larger break in treetops above. Her lips parted in awe, her eyes drinking up a spectacle of falling stars.
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2021, 08:34 AM by Aubine.)
so I risk it all just to be with you
AUBINE GERAU
and I risk it all for this life we choose
Played by Greyer who has 30 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Aubine Gerau
One by one the stars streaked across the sky. Between the wonder and wanting so much to believe that wishes did come true, Aubine simply stared. Her brother had taken up precedence in Hudson's absence and it left her amidst a sea of doubt.

Wasn't she supposed to be his second-in-command? His advisor? His confidante? If so, why then did she suddenly feel so eclipsed by everyone... by him?

She tore her eyes away from the cloud-speckled, shimmering skies and took a deep breath. Her ears lowered. This was hard, starting from nothing. As much as she wanted to return home to the Coppice, she knew she was bound to Adelard. She couldn't leave.

Swallowing down a dry sob, Aubine lifted her head. Maybe one more wish for good measure. Glossed over pupils searched the edges of the clouds, waiting for a long streak of white.

I wish... Her eyes widened. Then, she saw it. Brighter than all the rest. A bright trail blazing across her own personal patch of night. She sighed, sorrow pooling in the depths of her belly... I hope he knows what he's doing...
so I risk it all just to be with you
AUBINE GERAU
and I risk it all for this life we choose
Played by Greyer who has 233 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adelard Gerau
Since his talk with Saga, Adelard had started soul-searching. His father's expectations and his teachers' lessons dominated his head. His heart was left to ache. If there had been any other alternative, Saga would have chosen someone else. That was the thing, though, Adelard had been it. Chosen. It was a moral sin for him to decline her request.

In taking up his usual nightly stroll, the newly-appointed Leader had begun his watch. He had gone past the birthing dens and had done a quick check around the main pack den. His sister, however, was presently the only one out of place.

He had expected her to be curled up at the base of their tree. Yet, her recent trail led him back out to where he had started his midnight rounds. For a time he picked up the pace but found that she had not gone too far.

The sight that manifested before him was wistful, almost forlorn. He had missed her sobs but he had caught the sigh that fled from her chest.

In hopes of not startling her, he cleared his throat to announce his arrival. The cordiality did not extend beyond that though, and he regarded her with concern, "Get to bed. It's late."
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher