(See All?) Announcements
434 Users Online

Look at the Stars — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 149 posts.
Sanguine Cove VIII. Guardian
Leo Vuesain
- Sorry this took a while, I struggled a lot with this one, little guy just wouldn't speak to me >.<
That said, this was such a lovely story!! I'm sure Namid would be very proud <3

The agouti pup was transfixed, eyes circle-round and ears perked to narrow points as he listened to the magical tale. As Moonshadow painted her picture with words, almost every sentence seemed to introduce new concepts into the boy’s analytical mind, each one making his eyes glisten with awe. At first, he’d wondered how the girl and brothers could possibly relate to stars, but soon he became so enthralled with the tale that he forgot the original prompt.

As the tale went on, the otherwise so quiet and contemplative pup betrayed himself with small noises of excitement; ‘ooh’-ing eagerly when the buffalo appeared and audibly gasping when the youngest brother challenged the beast. Having instantly identified with the pup-character, Leo now visualized staring down the charging buffalo – and having never seen or heard of the animal before, he could only imagine a terrifying and threatening shadow, towering over the wolves.

The Lion-pup trembled slightly, glancing up at his dark companion as she described the young pup running to the den, not to hide, but to bring something, yet another new word – seeds – but the story was moving too fast now for Leo to turn over the new knowledge. Instead, he widened his eyes at the magic of trees growing so fast and tall that it might land the wolves among the stars, where they could turn to light and shine eternally as stars.

The boy’s eyes followed Moonshadow’s to spot the constellation, noting the stars as she described and nodding solemnly, biting his lip in thought. In truth, most of the finer details of the story had gone over his head, but the gist was very much there, and as his excited heart slowly calmed it’s beating, the questions started to swarm over him, filling his head until he feared it might burst. Shaking his ears to try and clear the clutter between them, he looked almost pleadingly up at the elder woman, mouthing silently for several moments before he finally managed to ask: “Sta-ars… are wolf?” Of the many new ideas that had blossomed in his head, this was by far the most captivating one.

[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

She smiled as the tiny little pup’s wheels turned in his head. Silver orbs watched patiently as he took his time figuring out what exactly he wanted to ask about. Finally, he came out and asked about the stars being wolves. The greying woman smiled, “Mmm, some say they are. Yer grandmother used to tell me that when a wolf would pass, they would go walk among the stars with their ancestors.” Looking from Leo back to the stars her own silver pools began to mist. Thinking of all those up there waiting for her. With fondness still in her heart she blinked the mist away and looked once again to the boy. “Its gettin’ late love, how ‘bout we go get some sleep?” She smiled and stood up before turning towards the den.

Word Count: 134
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 149 posts.
Sanguine Cove VIII. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

The answer was not as satisfactory as Leo would have liked – the pup was building his young life on facts, learning as much as he could about the world around him. Hearing that there were things in it that the adults couldn’t definitively explain fit very badly into this world view. His little brows furrowed further, eyes growing troubled as he stared up into the glittery void.

He was too young to comprehend death, and luckily hadn’t had much experience with it yet, but he’d been told about the wolves who’d been part of the pack before he was born, his ancestors, many times. He liked the notion that they were up there, waiting, and he would get to meet them someday, but just because he wanted it to be true, didn’t mean it was.

Turning to look up at Moonshadow, intending to ask for more clarification, he was surprised to see the glistening of water in her eyes. Could it be, that perhaps she too hoped to meet some of all those wolves up there, someday? Suddenly, for maybe the first time in Leo’s life, getting to the truth no longer seemed important. When the elder wolf made to leave, the pup too got to his feet, brushing against her leg in a rare sign of affection, before following her down the hill towards the den, feeling tiredness weighing him with every step.

Once he was settled in, right before he allowed sleep to claim him, he would whisper to the dark woman: “Thank’u a’nty Moon.”

[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The little mousy pup followed her lead by standing up to head back to the den. As he brushed against her leg she bent down and gave him an affectionate nibble behind his ear. The large shadow moved down the small slope easily with him in tow shortly arriving to the den. She allowed Leo to enter first before quietly following him in being careful to not disturb those who slept within. Moonshadow settled herself near the mouth of the den out of subconscious habit to protect those she loved from any potential danger outside. Laying her head on her paws her ears perked as Leo whispered out to her. With a smile hidden by the dark the shadow replied, "Yer welcome love."  Her mercury orbs became concealed by dark lids as she too allowed sleep to take her.

-FADE-

Word Count: 139
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]