(See All?) Announcements
354 Users Online
Google, Nadine, Bing, Adora, Apollo

quick shot
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Aquene was content to contribute but follow along in this hunt. She noted as Chan started and instantly her eyes found the elder that he had spotted. She followed after him, falling in just behind Nash as she broke to wedge herself between the elder and the rest of her herd. She watched as they scattered to abandon the creature to her fate. That was good. It certainly made things easier for her and her companions. In the chaos, they could find their meal.

She followed up the rear in order to push the doe away from the others. A smirk lit her features as she did so. She started to nip and snap her jaws without daring to get too close to the hind legs. While old and feeble, she had little doubt that a kick from a hind leg could still do any wolf in.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Her trot quickly took her to the front of the herd then even further still. Mercury orbs found the perfect hiding spot behind a large tree and sizable bush right besides it. She hunkered her large frame down behind the two and listened for her family. Silver dusted ears pressed forwards as they began, their barking easily reaching her. The eldest Eastfall maneuvered herself so that she could see through the bush. The herd began to fly past her completely unaware of her presence. Her grey tipped tail lashed as she waited for their intended target to be pushed closer to her.

It wasnt long before the sounds of the cove wolves grew close enough that Moon began to prepare herself to strike. With a low growl Moonshadow rolled her shoulders before jumping out from the bush. The doe bleated out in surprise at the ebony woman's sudden appearance and froze for a moment before turning to avoid yet another predator. Moonshadow turned with the doe and fell into step right besides her. She barked and snapped as they ran, keeping up pretty well with the deer. She knew from experience running her prey to tire them out made the take down easier. After a minute the greying woman pushed forwards with all her might to pull ahead enough to be able to lunge at the doe. She leapt as a fierce growl tore through her speckled maw. Her jaws parted, finding their mark as she held on with all her strength. She hoped her large frame would do the trick, but yet again she was getting older...

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Cade who has 849 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Separating the elder from the protection of her herd proved to be rather simple. Despite looking ragged and resigned, panic was also clearly present in her eyes as the fangs closed in and bloody reality set adrenaline surging through her aged body. The doe bleated and kicked, attempting to outrun the hunting party. She didn't get far before Moonshadow struck. In her prime, the wolf's heft might have been enough to knock the ungulate right off it's hooves, but as it was the doe teetered yet did not fall.

Chan bared his deadly teeth and surged forward, launching himself at the struggling duo. He snapped viciously at the doe's legs until they gave out on her, bringing her worn frame crashing to the ground. Steam and blood both leaked from her wounds, and his next target was her throat in an attempt to end this as swiftly as possible.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 587 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash was surprised by how easily the doe fell into their trap, running right where they wanted her to. A short bark of encouragement escaped him when his mother successfully pounced from her hiding place and steered the doe into the others, and he put more power to his paws when she and Chan brought it crashing down.

Seeing Chan going for the kill and his mother holding one leg, Nash took a split second to make a decision. He dove for the doe's head and was able to get a grip on one of her ears. Growling, he pulled, hoping to crane her neck back and expose her throat for Chan and Aquene.

Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Aquene fell into a steady tempo when Chan launched out at the elderly doe. It didn’t move as fast as the rest of the herd and she smirked, knowing that their prey had already accepted it’s fate. She pushed forward, falling just behind the doe, slightly behind it’s steady thumping of hooves hitting the ground. She snarled as she snapped at the animals legs, not daring to get to close because even an elderly doe could do quite a bit of damage with their hind legs. She simply wanted to spook it into slowing down in an attempt to fight back.

She was planning on keeping pressure on the creature so another could make the killing blow to it and bring their pretty down.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Her might was not what it once was. The power in her lunge only caused the doe to teeter instead of tumbling down. In this instance though it did not matter for the aging woman had the support of her pack. Moon's speckled maw found it's purchase in the deer's shoulder right where the neck meets the body. The warmth of blood filled her jaws as their momentum changed and they began to fall towards the earth. A growl tore between clenched teeth as she braced for their impact. Mercury orbs reopened in time to see Chan surge forwards for the doe's throat. Nash appeared in her peripheral latching onto the doe's ear pull her head back to allow his brother easier access. In a flash the cove's leader found his mark and secured their prize. The large ebony woman held on with all her strength until the elderly doe took her final breath. Releasing her grip Moonshadow took a step back, her coral tongue hanging out from parted jaws as she panted heavily. Cool eyes looked over their prey, an odd sensation running over her. She felt a sense of connection far beyond what she's experienced before. Yes, they were wolves, predators, and she was a deer, prey, a relationship as old as time, natural. But this time, her own aging allowed fear to creep in about her own mortality. All she could do was just stare into the emptiness of the doe's eye...completely void of life. How soon would that be her?

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]