356 Users Online
Adelard, Adora, Google, Apollo, Bing, Nadine

We're all family here — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

For @Siyet! <3 Also RE: Moonshadow, a turtle tries to snap at your toes. Overcast about mid-morning.

It had been about a week since the cove had been blessed with two new faces and the return of another. The ebony woman wanted to give each of the new women a chance to settle in before being bombarded. Feeling enough time had now gone by the inky Eastfall woman set out looking for the younger of the two - Siyet. Large paws walked through the pebbly shore at a leisurely pace. There was no hurry in her search and the overcast clouds provided her relief from the direct sunlight. Moonshadow looped back along the shore nearing the communal den when she decided to quench her thirst. The cool water felt great against a previously dry throat. There were ripples not far from where the grey matron drank but she was unconcerned. Having spent years drinking from this lake Moon had gotten used to all kinds of life sharing the mountainous life line with her. This ripple would prove to not be peaceful.

A snapping against the water caused the she wolf to lift her head from the water and look down to the water. A large snapping turtle withdrew its neck readying itself for another strike. Silver head stood atop her skull as mercury eyes watched the reptile intently. She should move, knowing full well how devastating the turtles bite could be if they got a good hit. But yet the seasoned woman simply watched and waited. Only when the snapping turtle inched forwards in a preemptive attack did Moonshadow take a step back out of its range. Sure enough the reptile struck missing its mark once more. A snort and a short bark left the aging cove wolf. She wasnt going to be scared from her drinking spot that easy. Stamping her onyx feet in the water the large woman splashed at the turtle. It was her turn to fend of the aquatic rival.

Word Count: 000
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet had been spending her morning on a large boulder near the waters edge of the lake. She liked the cool breeze that bounced off the the lake and ruffled her fur. She was enjoying the overcast weather and some relief from the heat. She was daydreaming and thinking about winter, and the wonderful powdered snow that the mountain would bring.

As she was laying there resting her eyes, she heard a short bark up the the shore. She opened her eyes and saw Moonshadow splashing in the water. Siyet got up and ran toward her, worried that something may have happened. They other wolves had been looking out for her and now it was her turn to help. When she arrived, she saw Moon and a largish shelled creature, the likes of which she had never seen before. The creature was snapping its jaws in the direction of Moon and Siyet had to do something. She ran at the creature headfirst, hoping to bash it away.

"What in the world is this thing? Are you okay? Did it get you?"
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Just when the dark she wolf thought she'd have to stamp her feet closer to the reptile it quickly retreated. Her silver tipped banner curled and waved high above her back as her head lifted like a proud puppy. It wasnt until the pale woman called out did Moon realized it wasnt her efforts that casted her rival away. Her ears flicked back as her tail lowered to lay against her hocks and she turned to face just who she had been looking for. Siyet's slew of concerned questions caused the older woman's tail to wave once more. "It was a snapping turtle. They can be territorial sometimes." The inky woman replied with a smile, her tone laced with embarrassment. "I'm fine" she chuckled her tone lightening. "I just wasn't gonna move from my drinkin' spot." Moon admitted, because there wasnt any other reason other than not knowing what the creature was, or being a playful child.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
The other wolf seemed to be at least a little glad to see Siyet, which made her happy. The "turtle," as Moon called it, seemed to retreat back into the water for now.

"A turtle huh? We don't have those where I'm from. They would probably freeze to death" She let out a laugh at the though of this shelled aggressor frozen solid in ice.

"Are you sure you're okay? It didn't take a chunk out of you? She looked Moonshadow up and down, looking for possible wounds. She didn't seem to find any.

Well, in any case...Quite an exciting way to start the morning that's for sure" She gave a slight smile to Moon, wide eyed and happy to have some company.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The young girl repeated the reptiles name then said there weren't any where she was from, that they'd probably freeze. Moon let out a light chuckle in unison with Siyet. Mercury orbs watched their twin colored orbs look her over as the pale girl asked again if the older woman was okay. "It only got ahold of water, none of me" Moonshadow assured her with a warm smile and wave of her silver dusted banner. Another laugh fell from the salt and pepper maw "That it is. How are ya settlin' in?" The cove's eldest member asked wanting to make sure the creamy woman felt comfortable in their slice of heaven. The cove and mountain wasn't always suitable for everyone, which was okay. But in the meantime, Moon wanted to make every member feel welcomed.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was relieved to hear that the matriarch was okay. The new strange creature hadn't gotten ahold of her at all.

"Good I am glad to hear that. As for settling, I am doing well I think. I spent some time with Nash the other day and that was nice. He seems like a good fellow, if a little energetic. "

She let out a light chuckle. She was really enjoying her time here, the people were nice, the scenery was gorgeous, and was definitely not as hot on the mountain as it was in the forest she was in only days prior. There was also a huge, pristine lake that she could dive into anytime she wanted. What else could she ask for?

She looked back up at the elder wolf and studied her for a moment. She looked happy to be in Siyet's company and Siyet felt like Moonshadow was definitely someone she could rely on when in need.

"I want to thank you again for taking me in. It is really appreciated. I have been through a lot and having people I can count on is a big deal to me. "
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Moons large haunches lowered themselves on to the shore as she asked the younger girl how she was settling in. Her smile widened as Siyet explained that she thought she was doing well. She explained she had spent time with Nash complimenting him on seeming like a good guy. She left out a chuckle at her comment on his energy levels. "He's definitely an energetic one, always has been, though not as much as his sister." She laughed once again remembering her twins when they were young. @Staryn was always rambunctious, heading out first followed by her brother. Though now it seemed that @Nash had gotten more comfortable with himself and he and his sister were more alike. Moon moved from her reminiscing when the cream colored girl spoke once again. She thanked the older woman for taking her in, that she really appreciated it and was grateful for having people to count on. "Of course hun, we are more than happy to welcome ya. If ya ever need anything I'm always around." Moon offered with a warm smile. She was genuine in her offer and always would be. The Eastfall woman lived to help others.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was very thankful for the matriarch. She had shown her nothing but kindness since she arrive. This was something she wasn't expecting from a new pack. This made her feel as though maybe she actually belonged here. She pondered this for a moment.

Moon had let Siyet know that if she ever needed anything, to let Moon know. Again, Moonshadow was showing her more kindness than anticipated.

"Th...Thank you. I really really appreciate that. And if you need anything too, I am here for you."

Siyet gazed over the lake, its pristine beauty emanating. Siyet felt like she had found a new home. This was exciting, and she couldn't wait for all the new adventures that she would have.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Mercury orbs met similarly colored orbs with a warm smile. The more the dark woman got to know the newest member of the cove the more she liked her. The pale girl was kind hearted, offering Moon her support should she ever need it. Moon's silver dusted tail lazily swept over the small pebbles of the lake shore. "Thank ya, that's very kind of ya."

Moonshadow followed the younger woman's gaze out over the lake. Its beauty never becoming boring to the dark she wolf. "Its beautiful isn't it?" she asked out loud after taking a deep breath. Nothing would ever compare to the Eastfall matriarch. How lucky she had been to call this place her home.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
if you want to fade soon I am cool with it

Siyet was still gazing at the lake when the matriarch commented on its beauty. It really was a pretty lake. She remembered when the thaw came in her home, and a lake would appear. It too was a very beautiful lake. But this lake was something else. Mountains in the backdrop, crystal clear waters, and plenty of wildlife.

She looked back at the matriarch "Yes, Yes it is beautiful. I wanted to thank you for everything. Being separated from my pack hasn't been easy and I am glad there are wonderful people like you here, willing to take me in."

She smiled at Moon, genuinely happy to be here. She had met some wonderful people while she had been here. Moon was definitely becoming her favorite.