Paradise Falls XI. Subordinate
Adelard Gerau
Our memories hide in vain hoping they can be saved
But she leaves the ones that won't let her go
I always hear her voice when she calls
Guided by her tears as they fall
She loves everything and nothing at all

- Everything and Nothing - The Boom Circuits

RE: The nearby plants sparkle with autumn frost.
October 11th; Evening; Broken Clouds; 39.15 ° F, 3.97 ° C

Feet and neck nearly dry from his adventure in the creek, Adelard found his way onto familiar soil. Everywhere, the scents of home were in the air; and, while it all brought him comfort, feelings of unease came with it. At the borders, he swiped his paws on the old gnarled trees and rubbed his sides against the boulders and ferns. What sparkle of frost they had donned in autumn's arrival was now caught in his fur. He might have been gone for most of the day, but there was no mistake in assuming he had left for good. He was here now.

His nostrils stung from the sharp inhales he was taking during his patrol. So far, nothing seemed out of place... Might as well check, though... and, that was something easily done.

A shake of his coat, one more deep breath, and he was ready. His head rose and tilted back, calling out to anyone who thought to be the first to answer: "Good evening... All's clear on the southern border, anything to report?"

He dragged his tongue down the sides of his muzzle, exhaling before falling quiet to listen for a reply. Ears up, eyes sharp.
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher
Played by Arya who has 24 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Caelyn Macieo-Tainn

He was bored, so the young boy decided to do something about it. Explore seemed to be his first and only option he wanted to choose. Caelyn already slept enough for his liking, so he decided to let his idle paws take him wherever they led him. Shifting in and out through the forest, he discovered he still was too slow on his oversized puppy paws to catch a hare yet. Hopefully soon, he would win that game, but until then the hares were safe from the young wolf.

It was then as he was getting closer to the borders, that he heard the call from Adelard who wasn't far from him at all. Trotting along, Caelyn closed the gap between him and the adult. Wagging his tail excitedly, "I saw nothin'! He answered proudly before moving to the much larger man's side.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Feel free to skip me!

Woya prowled along the northern edge of the pack's stomping grounds. She spent more and more time on the outskirts, watching the horizon, as though she would be able to see Hudson coming back for them. While her heart told her to trust in her brother, she could feel the tension in the pack, saw his children forgetting about him.

She hadn't meant to catalyze this.

Adelard's voice broke through and stole her attention, causing her to pause. She thought for a moment, then sent up an answer.

North's fine. That herd's gone.
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Greyer who has 234 posts.
Adelard Gerau
Adelard had been hoping for some quality time with another pack member. Instead of gathering Rhaegara's or Riven's attention, he found himself next to a cub. A cub who wasn't so cub-sized anymore. There was a twinge of guilt that tugged at his chest, but he did his best to ignore it. Saga had done a fine job. For Caelyn to be amicable and level-headed was more than enough.

The Leader smiled as the boy came to his side. "Mmm," a sound of approval. "Exactly what I want to hear."

He was about to further mention that quiet borders usually meant sound ones when Woya chimed in. Adelard's head turned northward with a baying bark, "We'll just keep an eye and ear out for them then..." Then, a mid-pitched howl, "Thank you."

His attention turned back to the youth, "Have you checked in with your siblings?" There was another soft smile on his maw and a low wag in his tail. This was the first time he had actually spoken to the boy; and, it was about time to do a little more than lurk about the ferns.
ADELARD GERAU
Played by Arya who has 24 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Caelyn Macieo-Tainn

Adelard seemed please with his response as he gave the boy a smile and told him that was what he wanted to here. Chest swelling with pride, his own smile widened in pride as he stood alongside the leader. Caelyn was happy to be of help and that the alpha was glad of the news he brought. His cinnamon ears then heard the call from his Aunt alerting them that the north was fine, but the herd was gone. Silently listening to the exchange between the two adults, his sky blue eyes studied the stoic leader as he turned back to him with a question about his siblings.

"Yes, last I knew they were close to the den! I was the only one exploring today," he answered with a wide smile. The boy was getting more and more confident with the days, with exploration his highest priority.

Played by Greyer who has 234 posts.
Adelard Gerau
I'm not sure how this thread evaded me or how I didn't realize Woya was just gonna keep to herself out there. XD Sooo... now I realize this is the perfect time for Adelard x Caelyn time.

Caelyn confirmed what Adelard had hoped. The cubs, save for Saga's adventurous lookalike son, all kept close to the communal den. "Good," he smiled openly at the youth now.

"Do you like exploring?" A part of him wondered if the boy might succumb to wanderlust like his father. If the Leader could help it, he hoped he could curb the temptation of leaving home. He knew by now that all youths encountered it at this age. How to squash or subdue it and yet still encourage natural curiosity was a conundrum. Adelard thought of Caelyn as a son; he would not stand for belittling him or subjecting his fancies to scorn.

"Have you found anything interesting on your travels?"
ADELARD GERAU