(See All?) Announcements
631 Users Online
Bing, Nori, Google, Finley

Just Like Old Times — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Sometimes it seemed the older ge got the more time his mind spent in memories of the past. Lately being back in the forests of the cove he'd been spending more time in the past. So when it came time to tell Chan of how he became leader of the cove it wasn't hard. It was one of his best memories, of course there were many others and some not so great ones too.

Kajika had always thought he'd done well as a leader and advisor. So when it came time to make his offer he did it with a clear conscience. Had he thought otherwise the dark man would never have considered having this conversation with his godson. Kajika felt he had the experience to be able to offer good advice to Chan if needed.

The older man laughed at Chan's joke. "Who knew you were such a funny guy," Kajika returned the jest with a friendly bump to his godsons shoulder. "I'm offering to be your advisor however I could take over for a short time if hecessary." That was if there wasn't anyone else.

Kajika had come to terms with the idea that his days of leading a pack were over. He was getting older everyday that much was more clearer to him than it had ever been. Still he wouldn't be opposed to looking after things if it was needed of him.
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan chuckled quietly, but when the sound subsided, his mirth was more subdued than it likely should have been. Were this his dream, to lead this pack here on this mountain, this would be a full-circle moment. As it was, it was just more padding to @Aleister's reigns. It wasn't that he didn't want to leave the man well-backed when he inevitably left - it just kept coming back to that one unspoke point.

"I'd be honored to have you in my corner," he spoke earnestly, affection shining in his eyes. It meant a lot to him that his Godfather was here and offering his wisdom and support.

"So will Aleister, I'm sure, when he retakes leadership."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
It was nice having these sort of moments with Chan. Often he felt that he'd missed so much in the young man's life because of the coyotes. He hoped that he would get more chances for time just like this. He had explained his offer more thoroughly once their jokes had passed and now he waited to hear what Chan thought of the whole thing. A wide smile crossed his maw at the young Eastfalls words.

"Excellent, I won't let you down Chan," he stated. What Chan Saif next should have given the older man pause but it did not. "I will be happy to serve Aleister just as I did his father. As it seems he took after his father then?"

Kajika couldn't help think that maybe Aleister as leader was as it should have been. He of course wouldn't give up or want to rewind his days as leader but of Namid and Vesper's children he'd always believes it was Aleister that should inherit the pack.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Well that part had been easy. His Godfather's reassurance, while of course still nice to hear, was ultimately unnecessary - Chan knew that he wouldn't. He never had before, after all. Chan nodded at the question.

"Yeah, he asked me to cover for him back at the start of Summer after getting sick."

Chan wasn't really sure what was taking him so long to reclaim the position. It was not a discussion they'd had, and especially with the disappearances that Winter had brought, he didn't want to pressure the other man. Still, he couldn't help but worry as the end of the snow season crept ever closer that @Aleister may have changed his mind completely about leading the pack. It made his gut churn, to think that he might be stuck here through another crop of pups, which would inevitable extend his stay greatly - it was so much harder to leave when you had such tiny, defenseless persons to care for.

"I'm planning on heading out before the thaw, so things should be getting back to normal soon. I think."
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Making the offer to be Chan's Advisor had gone well in his opinion. Believe it or not he still got a little nervous about some things. Especially since he'd felt it quite forward of him. Chan shared se interesting information with him about Aleister. His godson seemed quite forthcoming then and Kajika listened with interest.

"He's gotten well though? Do you think he'll reclaim his leadership?"

This was important for the older man to know for the fact he would need to know who he'd be advising. What Chan shared next was rather disappointing for Kajika. He'd hoped to build a relationship with his godson but if he was gone…

"How long are you planning to be away?" Asked Kajika before his protectiveness of his friend kicked in, "Does your mother know?"
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"Not long," Chan was quick to assure, an eager attempt to nip that whole abandonment train of thought at the bud before it got going again in yet another wolf's skull.

"She knows. I'll come back and visit, make sure you guys are doing okay and all that. And yeah Aleister's better, at least... as far as I know. He gets around like his old self. I'm hoping soon, should probably bring it up at some point..."

His brows knit, feeling a bit like he was tattling on himself. He knew that speaking to the other man was a quick and simple solution to answering his questions, but he hated the idea of putting pressure on him and admitting his eagerness to relinquish the role equally. It wasn't that he wanted advice on how to handle it, he just wanted to be honest about the situation.

"Just, things haven't changed for me. I still... want the same things."
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
It was disappointing for the older man that his godson had plans to leave. Chan was his own man now and not his son so what could he really do. So Kajika nodded as the younger of them clarified that he wouldn't be gone long. He did worry about Moonshadow and how she woukd take it but Chan confirmed that she already knew.

"And she's okay with you going?" Kajika was well aware of how much Moon cared for her children. "I'm glad to hear that Aleister is doing better So there's nothing to worry about there? You might want to if there was an agreement between the two of you."

The dark man was no stranger to how give leadership to another during illness worked. He thought that maybe he would need to have a conversation with the young Vuesain since it might soon be him that Kajika woukd he serving.

"What exactly is it you want Chan?" Kajika asked with a questioning tilt of his head. His godson was getting older and it worried the older man that he might be chasing something he won't ever find.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"... Mom understands," Chan spoke softly but not without a hint of consternation, forepaws shuffling uncomfortably.

As for the bit about Aleister, he wasn't really sure if the lilt of Kajika's voice had been rhetorical or not. He could only attempt to focus on that final question. It bounced around clamorously inside his skull, impossible to ignore but equally so to grapple. An almost bitter 'I want to be anywhere else' bubbled up from his throat and threatened escape his lips like held breath. He swallowed it back, thought harder, with brows drawn close together.

Sometimes it had been easy to explain. I want to see more, I want to learn more, I want to hear more, I want to help more wolves, I want to feel more.

I want more. What a vague, frustratingly useless answer to come up with. Chan sighed, and cleared the agitation from his features.

"I want to travel. I like running back and forth between the packs, I could do that for a time to get everyone used to me not being right here."
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Can confirmed that Moon did understand but Kajika knew that she probably didn't like the idea of it. He himself didn't like the ide of it not one bit. He didn't know what to do to stop his Godson from running off to find whatever it was he was looking for. "Don't forget your mother Chan," he stated, "She's unfortunately not as young as she used to be. You need to keep thar in mind."

Frankly, and maybe he should have said it but he believed Chan would regret not being there if something happened to Moon. Even still he knew the kind of wolf Chan was. The kind who couldn't settle down for one reason or another. The kind who was always looking for something they may never find. Kajika worried that the young Eastfall would spend his life searching and never find what he was looking for.

The answer he was given was rather disappointing. It seemed that Chan didn't really have a plan. "Thats no kind of way to live," he stated sitting back on his haunches. "Take it from me. I know you've probably heard this before but life is short. I know during those times when there's a crisis happening time seems to drag on. That's how it's supposed to be but the day to day is fast and you can't get that time back. Going from pack to pack isn't going to help you find what you want."

Kajika didn't want to say that it was a waste of his valuable time but it was. Maybe if he hadn't wasted time in the past something would have turned out differently. Maybe they wouldn't have, he wouldn't ever get the chancento find out.

"I am afraid," he said setting his amber gaze on his godson, "That by living this life you seemed so determined to choose your going to miss a very important opportunity."
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan had been grown for a long time now. Irritation became him as he received what he perceived to be a scolding from his Godfather. The one who hadn't been around for years. Don't forget your mother was the first dig, his thoughts biting back who said I have? Kajika had no idea what conversations Chan had or hadn't had with @Moonshadow much less what the woman had expressed in them, and he had confirmed twice already that he'd dealt with it. It didn't seem to be good enough.

Of all the wolves that he'd told his plans to, none had been as bold as to outright tell him that they were wrong. His hackles bristled at the words that's no way to live, and by the end of what the elder man had to say, Chan had to pull away. Had to focus his gaze elsewhere and breathe before he said something he would regret.

It was difficult. The options that ran through his head were only increasingly bitter, when he wished dearly they would abate into something civil that would progress the conversation rather than mire it in a fight. To buy himself time, he spoke without facing Kajika, and through gritted fangs.

"And what, exactly, is this opportunity you don't think I've already considered?"