521 Users Online
Google, Hazelnut, Bing

Wave out to the crowd — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Backdated to November 4th, midday, for @Nash

Clover walked at a brisk pace along the creek, the skunkbush bark and sticky red berries wrapped delicately in it cradled carefully within her jaws. She had mainly wanted to grab the bark due to its ability to alleviate cold symptoms, and with winter soon on the way she wanted to be properly prepared, but when she saw there were still berries on the bush she decided to also grab them on the off chance someone developed a tooth ache. They were not as common as some other ailments, but she liked to be prepared.

The rustling of some bushes has her pausing momentarily, ears flicking forwards in an attempt to figure out what was there. Had she not been carrying the bark of a skunkbush that still had that bitter scent lingering on it she would try and use her nose to her advantage. After a few moments she spotted the small form of a rabbit darting away in the opposite direction and let out a soft snort of laughter, surprised it had let her get that close before panicking and bolting.

Now certain that it was nothing dangerous she continued on her way back to the Empress borders, wanting to return to her medicinal den to store away her new stock and do some reordering. She had so much to do before winter set upon the land.
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
It would figure that as soon as he left the cold would really start to set in. He should have expected it, with the frost that panicked Aquene being what ultimately led to this expedition. He wasn't entirely sure what he was doing. He didn't know anything about healing or medicine, although learning about it wouldn't be a bad thing. Mostly he just wanted to help Aquene. She worked herself so hard, and besides, who would heal the healer if something happened to her?

He was so preoccupied both by his thoughts and his search for herbs he didn't notice the other wolf until a rabbit had darted nearly under his paws. Nash started, and it was only then he smelled her. He stood straighter and dropped the old pelt he carried for the purpose of transporting any herbs he might find back home. "Hello?" he called. He knew he wasn't quite to their ally pack's territory yet, but that didn't mean this other wolf wasn't a member.

Clover Assana
She stopped at the sound of another's voice, first her ear twisting backwards to catch what they were saying, then her head following to get a good look at whoever was around. They were far enough from the border that she had no worries about the other wolf, and made sure her stance was neutral, yet friendly.  Clover couldn't immediately see anyone, but moved towards where the voice had come from, until she rounded a tree and finally laid eyes on their larger and darker form.

Realisation hit her as she recognised the form of the wolf as one of the two males she had run into so long ago during the day smoke had filled the sky. She hadn't caught his name back then, and on her trip to the Cove wolves on the mountain she hadn't thought to ask, having had been too preoccupied with Xulia's disappearance.

She dropped the skunkbush bark at her paws, tail waving in a friendly manner behind her. "Hello! Not sure if you remember, but we met before. You were with Chan, and the sky was dark from all the smoke and ash. I don't think I caught your name, however?" Clover was polite as she spoke, not wanting to make him feel embarrassed even as she deftly asked for his name. She wasn't sure if he remembered hers, but would gladly offer it up again if he asked her.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You've come across an unattended nest full of eggs, do you like them scarmbled or fired? +5 Health
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
It didn't take long for the other wolf to appear around the corner, her creamy fur naturally blending in with the snow. Nash recognized her, but he didn't remember their meeting until she mentioned it - the fire in the spring. He smiled, excited to run into somebody he'd met before. "That's right! Hi!" his tail swayed behind him. "I don't think I introduced myself at the time; I was still getting used to interacting with others. I'm Nash." He thought hard for a moment before sheepishly adding, "I'm sorry, I don't remember your name." Hopefully she would be understanding; it had been a long summer.

"That group you mentioned you were staying with; I take it you all formed Dead Empress Backwater? Have you found Xulia yet?" He remembered meeting her before the Cove formed; she'd been nice, and he'd promised to visit. Then things got complicated and he didn't like leaving home.

Speaking of home...

Clover Assana
A soft chuckle left her maw, remembering how he had hurried off before offering his own name, but it was no big deal. She offered him a warm smile, wanting him to feel at ease as she had no hard feelings about him forgetting her name. It had been quite a while since they last met, after all. "It's nice to meet you again Nash, and other better circumstances. And that's quite alright, I'm Clover." He continued to speak and her ears lowered momentarily at the mention of Xulia, but she forced herself to perk up, not wanting to put a damper on their conversation.

"Yes we did, last Spring. And no, she hasn't been sighted yet, but I have hope she'll return soon." She looked over him now, remembering that Chan had mentioned he would speak to Nash about Xulia, and that he'd said Nash was a guardian of sorts. "Chan mentioned you were a guardian?" Clover said, raising a curious brow as she spoke.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash was a bit embarrassed he hadn't been able to remember the woman's name, but she seemed good natured about it and he smiled when she gave it. "Clover, that's right." That had been a stressful day, worrying that the fire might get too close. Fortunately it had remained distant, and he never knew if anyone had been affected by it. He hoped not.

He was sorry to hear Xulia was still missing; the disappearance of a pack member was never easy. "I hope so too," he agreed, before the conversation moved on. "Yeah, I am," Nash said with a grin. "Figured I do enough guardian duties, and he and Al saw fit to give me the title. I'm here on other business though." He indicated the bundle of fur he'd dropped. "I'm looking for some herbs that don't grow on the mountain."

(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2022, 01:04 PM by Nash.)

Clover Assana
She dipped her head thankfully at his words of agreement, glad that their respective packs were on good terms with each other as the Cove wolves all seemed respectful and kind. Clover could only hope that relationship would continue to improve and become closer over time. Already she was starting to think of one day getting in contact with their healer so they could spend time together talking over their processes and sharing what information they knew. There was always something new to learn that could help save a life.

Her gaze dropped down to the bundle at Nash's feet at his motion, ears perking curiously. Well he definitely came to the right wolf as she spent almost every free moment not dedicated to other tasks to foraging for herbs. "I'm more than sure you're well deserving of the title," she said with a warm smile, even as her thoughts turned to thinking about what the most important herbs he would need.

"Are you searching for any herbs in particular? Clover asked with a thoughtful expression, wondering if he had been sent by Aquene to gather anything specific, or if this was just a trip to find any herbs that couldn't grow up on the mountain. "You came at the perfect time as most plants are nearing the end of their growing season, but I know of some spots where you'll be able to gather enough to hopefully last you the winter." It would all depend on what he was after, however.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

He smiled warmly as she expressed her confidence in his ability to perform his role, and then they moved on to the herbs. "Goldenrod, Prairie Crocus, Arnica," he said. Nash didn't even have to pause to think about what it was Aquene had asked for; he'd been chanting them in head his entire journey. He remembered what her dried stores looked like, but hadn't seen anything he thought might be the live version of the plant yet.

"We had a frost the other day, and she's concerned about the stores. Everything looks okay right now, but she's low on these ones and can't spare the time to come get them herself, so I offered," he explained. "I don't really know exactly what I'm looking for... there's a reason I'm not a healer." he gave a nervous chuckle. "I studied her stores before I left, but it's like a foreign world."

He was glad to have run into Clover; she at least knew the area and would probably have a better idea of where to look and what to look for.

Clover Assana
A large grin appeared on Clover's face at the three plants Nash listed off as ones he wanted to gather before returning home. Arnica grew all year round, and while it was just beyond the active growth period for Goldenrod she knew of a location where there would still be enough left to forage, as long as no one else had already taken it. Prairie Crocus was a bit more difficult as quite some time had already passed from when it was most often harvested, but if they couldn't find any together then she would happily give him some from her own store.

"Good thing we ran into each other then, I know exactly where we can find those three, even if it is a bit later in the year for some of their normal growing seasons." She would make sure he had enough to satisfy Aquene's worries about her stores not holding up. "I was just on my way to drop this Skunkbush off at my medicinal den," Clover said with a glance down at the bark by her paws, still wrapped delicately around the red berries. "Once I go do that I can show you down south to the meadow where we should hopefully be able to find enough of the herbs?" With the two of them they would certainly make short work of the gathering process.