639 Users Online
Bing, Google, Adora

Forever autumn — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Winter who has 81 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Isomne Yvain
same tho

"I'm something of a travelling performer, and I love to listen as much as I can, too. In fact, I hope to gather many more songs and stories through my travels," she said, and ardent tone in her voice. She always had a hard time explaining the significance that story telling and song held to her. They were often considered the stuff of very young pups and the elderly, grey of muzzle and soft of fang. But that was exactly it... behind all of the fantastical details, they were a vessel to share things among wolves from different backgrounds, from generations otherwise forgotten, to ones who would forget those who walked and sang today, many seasons from now. "I don't get the chance to sing or tell stories as often since I left home, but I do get to hear ones I never would have otherwise, from time to time," she said, deciding to spare Clover from getting to much further into her life's philosophy at the moment.

Instead, the conversation turned to the plants that Clover sought, and Isomne listened intently as she described them. The plant sounded notable enough that she should be able to recognize it.  "I'll keep an eye out," she nodded with a dutiful air, cracking a smile. As they went on, Clover told her something of the features of the surrounding lands, and Isomne tried to form a mental image of the realm. As she came to a close, Isomne shook her head, banishing visions of sun-warmed blackberries. It was her turn to share.

"The mountain pass is harsh and rugged, but there is a small lake tucked away up there that is a can't miss waypoint for travelers," Isomne thought back, to the last few months of traipsing through woodlands and foothills. "At the eastern flank of the mountain, there is a silent forest, full of mist and cut through by streams - a rather eerie place, but good enough fishing." As they walked, she scanned for blooms as the snowy woman had described, but so far she had yet to spot any. She went on. "Further east still the very hills themselves are red, and a forest sits just to their north with scarlet ferns carpeting its floor." She had not travelled further northeast or southeast, opting to try her luck in the west before winter closed in. "My birth pack lays many more days to the east, across rugged hinterlands," it was hard to keep a wistful note from her voice, for she was often homesick, but she gave Clover a smile. She was here now in a brand new place, meeting a new friend, so she couldn't be sad for long.
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
"It sounds like you have quite an interesting life." It was fascinating to think that Isomne dedicated part of her life to telling stories, and some in the form of songs she supposed. "I'd love to hear one of your songs," she said cheerily, glancing at the other woman. "Not now, unless you'd like to," she added hastily, not wanting to put her new companion on the spot if she was unprepared. As much as she would love to hear a song, she would hate to make Isomne uncomfortable. "But maybe if we see each other again in the future?" It would definitely give her something to look forward to.

She listened attentively as Isomne began to describe the lands across the mountain, taking note to remember as much as she could on the off chance a member of the Backwater was sent over there in the future. It would be good to have a vague idea of the lands beforehand. A small grin appeared on her face at the mention of fishing, knowing that all the Valle's would be very interested in what the other woman had to say about fishing. She did not personally understand the appeal of being in the water so much, but she could not deny the joy it brought them.

Clover did her best to imagine not just the vegetation of a forest being all red, but the very ground itself. She knew that leaves became a myriad of reds, oranges, and browns during the months leading up to winter, but it was very difficult to imagine everything being such a vivid red. "That red forest sounds like it would be a fascinating sight to see," she said with a slightly scrunched nose, still trying to imagine it in her mind. She was sure her imagination did not do it justice.

She returned the smile Isomne gave her, knowing how difficult it was to leave home and venture forth alone into the unknown. "Is it just as red from where you came from?" Back at her home there was only the occasional red plant as the trees themselves began to shed their leaves before winter, other than the expanse of coloured flowers in the meadow.
(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2021, 12:42 PM by Clover.)