(See All?) Announcements
685 Users Online
Google, Bing

midnight creeps so slowly — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
She answered no, and his brows drew together subtly with confusion. A correction came swiftly, but she hadn't quite connected the two, merely reminded of the blue-eyed medic rather than realizing he was who Levi spoke of. For a moment, he considered misleading the child simply to change the subject, allowing her to think they were talking about different wolves and that his story was inconsequential and boring.

"... yeah. I do too," he answered after a pause, thoughts darkening his mossy gaze as it watched the ground in front of them.

"That was him. Riven. He was... a really good friend."

The kindest.
[Image: qfzMxz5.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 281 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
Want to wrap this up in another post or two?

had a dream so big and loud

JUMPED SO HIGH I TOUCHED THE CLOUDS

Enera was confused, why Levi said River when he meant Riven, but she didn't ask for once. Probably just said it wrong. She nodded solemnly. "He was really nice to me and mama." She didn't know where he'd gone, just that everyone had seemed really worried about it, and her mama hadn't let her go very far for a while. Enera had done her best to assure her that she wouldn't ever leave home. She liked it here too much.

Speaking of mama... "We should hurry back," she said. "Mama gets worried when I don't come back for bed on time, and then she doesn't tell me a story. Mama tells the best stories; you're going to love it!" She offered Levi a wide smile, hoping to cheer his apparently dour mood. Stories always made her feel better, so one would help him too, right?

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Young Enera confirmed River's graciousness, and for some reason that only bolstered the pain. It was a reminder of how much good his friend had put out into the world, only to be chased away time and time again from those he loved. It wasn't just unfair, it was fucked. Bitterness crept into his being, and tried to steal him away from the moment. He focused on the child's words instead.

Mama tells the best stories, she was insisting, you're going to love it!

Levi didn't want to encroach on the little family's ritual, especially when his skin was practically crawling from such twisted emotion, yet he followed her anyway. She was right, and he knew that; once he fought through the awkwardness of surprising Rhaegara with his intrusion, he likely really would enjoy the time spent and the distraction of a well-told tale.

"Okay," he answered softly, attempting to put on a smile for the girl. He was lucky to have them, and he needed to appreciate them more.
[Image: qfzMxz5.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 281 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
Short post to fade

had a dream so big and loud

JUMPED SO HIGH I TOUCHED THE CLOUDS

Enera was pleased to have made another new friend, especially one who knew Riven. If they'd been friends, it must mean Levi was going to be a good friend too. She was sure mama would love having another guest to listen to one of her excellent stories. Happy with her night's accomplishment, Enera pranced on, oblivious to her companion's discomfort as they drew nearer the den. It was going to be a good night.

FADE

(This post was last modified: Jun 25, 2022, 05:04 PM by Enera.)