(See All?) Announcements
446 Users Online
Bing, Nadine, Google, Apollo, Adelard

pick me up with golden hand — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
A drifter, he said, making them the same. Hagar nodded once, a singular motion of his jaw and little more, until it was asked of him. He blinked his eyes, and finally lowered them from the sky to take in his company's face. Faded colors still swirled before his eyes, affecting the image of the other wolf. He blinked a few more times, then answered.

"No. I wander. I am Hagar."

His words were as simple and undecorated as he, offering nothing more than what was requested. If this Moore wanted to know more, he would have asked, in the chocolate-coated wolf's humble opinion.

"Haven't seen a pack inna while. Winter's gotten hard. Do you know where others are?"
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Played by Daisy who has 62 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Another wanderer. Albeit not the talkative type, but that was fine. Moore could likely talk to others in circles for hours. If Hagar would listen for that long.

"It's nice to meet you, Hagar." Pleasantries aside, it was genuinely pleasant to sit and watch the show that continued to ebb and flow above with the strangers' company.

"Haven't seen a pack inna while. Winter's gotten hard. Do you know where others are?"

This winter had been icy, he thought to himself, and prey wasn't easy to come by. And if Hagar had been a drifter as well, then he likely knew the struggle of barely being able to feed oneself without the help of others. Not to mention the snow that just seemed to continue to pile up each passing week, making everything that much more difficult.

"Winter's hard, but it'll break eventually. It'll be spring before we even know it," Hopefully soon, the wolf thought to himself. An itch overtook one of his ears, and in the midst of his sentence, he scratched at it with a hind paw. "Some strangers, but no packs. At least not yet. You lookin' to join up with a group?" A pause. "And if you don't mind me askin', how long you been traveling by yourself?"

Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar wasn't so certain, mossy eyes wandering over the snow and ice that defined their surroundings. This was far more than the thick of the Winters he was used to back home. He wasn't really sure what it meant, but it felt like the season was here to stay. Moore sounded like he knew what he was talking about, however - maybe the weather hit hard and quick here?

He'd just have to wait and see, wouldn't he?

"I am," he answered. He had been wandering long enough for the time being, missed being part of a group, and certainly didn't want to wait until he was risking death in this harsh Winter.

"Since Spring. You?"
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

So Hagar was seeking a group too. Moore let a beat of silence pass between them as he considered his own path. It'd been so long since he was truly part of a pack, part of him feared by the time he found one, he'd have grown so accustomed to drifting it wouldn't feel like home. The silence stretched for a moment longer before he pulled himself back to the conversation once more.

"It's… Been a long time. A little longer than you, I think." he chuckled. How long has he been traveling now? At what point did it start blurring together? "I've stayed with packs in my travels, helped out in exchange for shelter, before I moved on. Rinse and repeat." A shrug rolled through his shoulders.

Another beat of silence as an idea cropped up in the wolf's mind.

"Say, would you wanna travel together? Not permanently, but at least for a little while? I… don't want to leave 'round here yet, but I'd be more than happy to be a travel buddy while you're in th' area." Citrus-colored eyes flicked to Hagar. "I'm no pack, but I think I can talk enough to fill in for three different wolves." A deep chortle bubbled out of his maw as he joked. The offer was in the air, at least. Two of them had better odds than just one, in Moores' mind. And there was no harm in just asking.

Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Had the other man left as soon as he'd entered his third year? It was the earliest wolves struck out on their own, at least in Hagar's experience. It was an option that had been his to take if wanted, but he'd needed another year with his family before he'd been ready to say good bye. He was glad he had done so.

Hagar would have let the conversation lull there, but his newfound acquaintance continued with a new tangent. Green eyes regarded amber, and his tail thumped the ground behind him happily.

"I would be glad to," he rumbled appreciatively. It would make the travel much easier, having another soul to wander, hunt and shelter with. Were he more emotionally attuned, Hagar would assure the other man that he was perfectly content to listen no matter how much Moore could talk, even if he didn't have a lot to say in response and as long as he wasn't trying to sleep or track. Instead, he assumed the pumpkin-eyed wolf already knew all this, and said nothing on the subject.

"Oh," his gaze had wandered up again, just in time to see a falling star.

"It died. Did you see it?"

Stars were considered incredibly long-lived, and so seeing one pass was considered a rare event that wolves were honored to see. Or so his parents had taught him. Good luck, some might say.
(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2022, 05:53 AM by Hagar.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey
"I would be glad to,"

The loud thump of Moores' tail hitting the ground below it quickened as the chocolate-furred wolf agreed. Even if it were for a brief time, and the two of them wouldn't be able to hunt larger prey, it would be nice to have a travel companion once again. The open roads were quite lonely, especially the further he traveled.

"Oh,"

Curious, amber eyes flicked to the other man, before following the others sage gaze to the skies. There was motion amidst the dancing lights, brief as it was. He'd only caught the tail of the star before it fizzled out completely, but his eyes widened in awe regardless. Maybe he never spent enough time with regards to the skies, but the number of times he'd seen a star fall was minimal. A sign, perhaps, along with the lights? Who was to say. With a large, amiable grin, he turned to look at Hagar once more.

"Almost feels like the place is throwing a welcome party, don't it? Maybe it's a sign we're in for a great friendship, Hagar." Moores' chest rumbled with a chuckle as he looked back to the skies. Maybe the place wouldn't be so bad.

Inactive Deceased
Hagar
A welcoming from the sky itself and a friend. Yes, that had Hagar perfectly content. His green eyes closed, and his tail continued its beat while he felt the cold air pulse around him and the snow melt slowly against his paw pads. Life was good, and as much as he missed his family from day to day, he felt as certain now as he ever had before that the right choice had been made, and the proper path taken.