(See All?) Announcements
447 Users Online
Apollo, Bing, Google

pretend you know this song — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 850 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Chan listened without any such judgment. His brows slowly drew together, his heart hurting a bit for the young woman. No, that certainly wasn't the same as what Vayko had described. In fact, it sounded like Siyet's pack might have been felled by the weather... or had they just left her behind? He couldn't help but think of Nash, and the similarities there.

She seemed so at ease with it, unlike the dark rain cloud that followed his sibling around. Chan doubted Siyet was truly so stoic, however - it had to be how she coped with such a large loss, how she kept it from swallowing her up.

"... I'm really sorry, Siyet. That had to of been incredibly hard."

Even if it did bring her to them, and she was happy here, it couldn't erase the hurt he was sure.

"Do you think you'll ever go looking again?"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet thought about what she felt that first day. The panic the came as she searched endlessly for her pack. She thought about how helpless she felt. She was convinced that something had happened to them. She had to be sure of it. The thought of going back was...frightening. She wasn't even sure if she could get back. It was pretty far away, and she mostly just wandered aimlessly southward.

With a tear in her eye she spoke,

"It was...and has been hard. All of my family that I knew, and had spent my whole life with...just gone. Disappearing. It is a lot to handle. But I don't think I can go back. It's a long journey, and I may not even get back to where they were. And I'm afraid it would be all for nothing..."

She looked at the pack leader, seeing his concern she also said,

"I really appreciate all of you. Everything you have done for me. To help me feel welcome. Even if I make mistakes. I just..am glad to not be alone in the world like I was."
Chan Eastfall
She appeared quiet and thoughtful for a moment, and when she spoke again it was clear they had dwelled too long on the subject for the walls to stay strong. He was thankful for the umpteenth time that his family had managed to find one another (and keep tabs on Staryn), and that this wasn't his story too.

Her fears were understandable, and that too must have been a difficult thing to swallow - feeling as though it were impossible to ever recover what she lost.

"We all make mistakes," he assured her with a kind smile.

"You wouldn't be wolf without 'em. And we're glad to have you too, Siyet. I hope you know that."

Every wolf was equally vital in keeping a pack thriving, in his opinion. Just because she hadn't chosen a niche for herself within the pack didn't meant her friendly presence and hard work didn't matter.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Chan's words to Siyet definitely helped ease her melancholy. He was showing a kind smile, and assured her that even though she had made mistakes, they were glad that she was there.

"Thank you Chan. It means a lot. Having the support of people like you really helps through this hard time. I just..don't want to be a burden to everyone you know?"

She looked at Chan with almost an expression that sought approval. She had hoped to prove herself to the pack, to show that she really was a worthy pack member.
Chan Eastfall
Siyet's emotions seemed to ease, allowing her to calm. Chan's smile widened, and his tail began to wag. He could certainly understand the sentiments she expressed, and was so glad that the wolves of Fallen Tree Cove, though under a different name, had returned to providing a nurturing hub for those weathering personal storms.

"You're not a burden," he affirmed.

"I've personally eaten food you've stored for us, you've provided relief to the parents and entertained the children, given them another strong example of kindness, your scent helps keep our rivals away - just being here, and being you, has made this pack stronger."

She didn't have to excel at any one thing or be present at every moment for that to be true.
(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2022, 02:08 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was happy with what Chan had to say. This made her feel very welcome, and like a valued member.

"Thank you Chan. You really have helped me feel better. I am glad that you are so kind and appreciative of me being here."

She rubbed her face against the side of his, as a sign of respect, and thanks. (equivalent to like a kiss on the check).

" So how much further to the hunting ground do we have?"

She smiled at him happily.
Chan Eastfall
Chan was glad to hear it. His long-teeth poked past his lips while his eyes closed to leave room for a wide don't mention it smile. They all needed, and deserved, little reminders here and there that they were seen and appreciated. He certainly wasn't a wolf that minded helping.

He leaned into the gesture, returning it like a hug, before picking up his pace.

"It's just up here," he told her, lowering his voice while his head dipped level with his shoulders. It wouldn't be too much longer and she'd smell it for herself - it was time for the hunt.