(See All?) Announcements
510 Users Online
Google, Bing

My Mind is Running Empty
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Finally she could move without her ribs aching! Though she was still under advisement to take it easy, she was about to grow crazy from cabin fever. Even if she wouldn’t be able to hunt anything significant to bring back, she desperately needed to get away from the Lost Lake, just for a short bout of fresh air.

Getting down from the mountain proved a lot more complicated than she’d expected, however. The slopes were slippery with snow and ice, even along the most used paths. By the time she reached the woods it was late afternoon, and her side was sore from the exertion; Great, just great! She was cold, wet and tired, but it was far too late to try and make it back up the mountain today; Guess I should find a place to hunker down then… All this for a set of itchy paws.

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2022, 12:31 AM by Flair.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 231 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Scully Archer
Scully continuously prowled the forests of the West, spending less and less time in the Willows with @Avella. While they'd gotten some bites, they were still a far cry from a pack. He was running out of tidying up and bolstering to be done in what would eventually once again be pack territory. It was all pointless if they didn't have wolves to fill it with.

So he wandered a little farther each day, seeking out others. The Archer couldn't help but start wondering too if maybe some of the Backwater wolves were less than happy under... whoever's rule? One way or another, he needed to make this happen for his sister.

The scent of someone else, subtle at first but growing in strength with every stride, lifted his spirits. Scully picked up the pace, and sought out the stranger.

She didn't appear happy, and he could see the day's travel on her. Good. Maybe she was running away from that pack she smelled of.

"Lookin' rough," he not-so-politely pointed out as he approached, shoulders relaxed and tail swaying at his heels. It was meant amicably, at least.
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2022, 12:47 AM by Scully.)
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Rustling in the underbrush made her ears lift from where they’d been pinned against her skull, a meager hope rising in her chest; At least I can catch me some dinner… Only this wasn’t a stray hare out foraging, that much became clear quickly, ass the sound grew closer, and louder. Flair turned to face him, just as the stranger appeared between the trees, his lanky frame maneuvering easily in the dense wood.

The fiery shewolf grimaced at the introduction, her tail briefly flicking up into a horizontal position before slowly drifting back down to mirror the stranger’s, except still. “Yeah? And you’re the picture of beauty?” She drawled sarcastically, letting her eyes sweep over him pointedly. It was all mouth of course, he actually looked quite nice – unusual in his coloring, but in a pleasant way – some might even say handsome, if they had eye for such things.

Flair didn’t though, certainly not at the moment, when she was mainly focused on the rhythmic stabbing in her flank and getting to lie down as soon as possible; Best try not to start a fight then…! She sighed, grimacing again as her lounges pushed against the sore ribs. “Y’ live ‘round here?” She tried to make her tone lighter, though it remained rough around the edges, as it would at the best of times. But she paired it with an amiable flick of her tail, hoping to signal no ill intentions.

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2022, 12:30 AM by Flair.)
Scully Archer
She bit back at his greeting, causing him to quirk a brow while his lips spread wider open in a devilish grin. As good as he was trying to be, Scully still enjoyed when he was able to push other's buttons. Surprisingly, the stranger attempted to mitigate, saving the Archer the trouble of having to do so.

"Bit further South," he answered with a nod in said general direction.

"Where the Willows grow. What about you? Stickin' with those wolves you smell of, or escapin' 'em?"
Flair Smoke-Athesila

At least the pretty-boy didn’t seem to take her gruffness to heart, in fact his smile only appeared to widen, a raised brow his only answer to her quip. Flair wasn’t sure whether to appreciate his easy attitude or be annoyed at not getting more of a reaction; Suppose I’m lucky he’s not over sensitive… With how her ribs were acting up, she’d have a heavy disadvantage if it came to a brawl; Even against this sticks-for-legs!

But he was willing to be civil, or at least answer her question, and now it was her turn to quirk a brow; The Willows…? She didn’t know of any new packs claiming the Ridge’s old stomping grounds, however it seemed that had changed, at least judging by the stranger’s question. Flair would have snorted, if she wasn’t worried about the effect it might have on her aching ribs, instead she half-smirked, eyeing the younger male again, as if sizing him up. “Y’ got a better offer?” She asked, finally coming to meet his pale gaze – despite her pain and weariness, she found herself intrigued.

Thoughts ”Speech”

Scully Archer
Another metaphorical bite. Scully didn't have to think about his answer, letting his mouth run in whichever direction it wanted to. It was what always had worked best for him, and hopefully that would prove true again today.

"I'm settin' up a pack, which'll mean I make the calls. The offer is, just tell me what you want - I can make it happen."

The Archer was fairly confident that he wouldn't be compelled to say 'no' no matter what it was she asked for, even leadership of her own. He could at least bring her to the Willows to pitch herself to @Avella, and maybe by then she'd have swallowed the hook so deeply it'd be too late. All he needed to profit from this interaction was to plant a seed, and hope that it takes root.
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Ah, so it was a fairly new endeavor; That explains it…. A pack settling among the willows might be bad news for the Cove’s allies in the west, unless the two could broker an alliance like Chan had managed; Though if this guy’s leading the negotiations… Well he certainly had much more of an attitude than her current leader.

His offer brought both her brows high, a puff of air escaping her nostrils in a mixture of surprise and humor. It was certainly honest, if a bit presumptuous; Whatever I want, huh? If only she knew what that was herself.

The fiery woman had been doing alright in the Cove since the tensions last spring. But the pack was growing large and with winter starting to retract its grip, there was sure to be an upheaval of some kind on its way. But of course, if she was going to check out, it wouldn’t be just to shack up with some punk trying his luck. “So I’d be taking orders from you?” She drawled, making it plain how she felt about that idea; “Y’ recruit anyone else? Or would I be th’ lucky first?” Silently, she wondered what kind of wolves might be drawn by this rogue and just what kind of pack was about to become the Cove’s neighbors.

Thoughts ”Speech”

Scully Archer
"There's five of us," he informed, counting @Moore regardless of whether the man actually associated with them and keeping his tone casual as he continued, "and not necessarily."

She'd ignored his question, but that was alright. There was something she was looking for out here, it was true for all of them. He just needed to affix himself in her mind as a wolf that can make things happen, one way or the other.

"I'm not keen on leading. Lot of bullshit there I don't feel like bein' apart of. If you're after free reign without starving for it, it could be arranged."
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Once again, his answer was surprising. Not only had he gathered several others to this mad cause already, but, if he was to be believed, he was willing to relinquish control; Just like that…? Obviously, there was something more to it, some angle that this rogue was working for his own benefit. What it could possibly be though? She had no idea!

Hearing him spin his web, offering her anything she wanted, she had to wonder if it was the same yarn he had spun for those others; If they exist…! And if so, to what end? If he let them all to believe they could call the shots, it would undoubtedly explode in his face. Frowning slightly, the fiery woman shook her head, all this speculation was giving her a headache.

Finally, with her growing exhaustion clear in her voice, Flair asked the obvious: “And these other ‘us’, they’d be jus’ fine with that? Me waltzin’ in an’ sayin’ I call th’ shots now?” She needed to know the catch! Get to the bottom of what exactly was brewing in these woods, or she feared it would come back to bite her later.

Thoughts ”Speech”

Scully Archer
Scully smirked, a soft huff of breath exiting as nostrils as his companion grew a flavor of testy once more. He liked this wolf.

"Y'got me - won't be my fault if y'can't handle yerself as lead."

These others had entrusted the pack's hierarchy to himself and @Avella, and he doubted they would disagree if the Archers vouched for the woman. The earning portion would be in convincing his sister. And if this did all actually pan out in Flair's favor, and the pack spat in her face? That would be on her, and the Ridge would simply move on without her altogether.

Scully turned, to angle around the woman and continue onward as though she'd been a mere blip along his path to other business. He would take his leave, unless she managed to stop him.

"Find us in the Willows, if y'wanna make yer case to Avella."