(See All?) Announcements
391 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

welcome to the panic room — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Backdated to 1/1 around midnight; Kateri is not home and given the restrictions placed on pups, Aquene is concerned. She follows her scent to the borders where it fades due to inclement weather -- open but special mention to @Chan, @Aleister, and @Nash as they will be comprising search parties

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Worry placated her features, causing the woman to age a day every second as the panic set into her heart. She had already lost Pyter, she could not lose Kateri as well. She didn't know if she could survive it. The mother was at her wits end, following the trailing scent towards the border. Her daughter had never been late to sleep, and Aquene worried about what it could mean, especially with how on edge everyone had been lately. The cougar had injured many of the adults, and it seemed like more foul luck had just poured in after.

Now her daughter was gone. Missing.

The scent trail faded just beyond the border and distress fully set in, raising her maw and calling for them. Aleister, Chan, Nash… anyone who could help her find her daughter. She couldn’t go through this again. She’s gone. She’s gone. Aquene should have kept a closer eye on her, insisted that she stay and help out around the herb storage rather than letting her wander… she had promised to be home on time and she’d never broken her promise before. Where was she? What if something bad had happened to her? What if someone had taken her? Had she been kidnapped? Was she safe?

(This post was last modified: Sep 22, 2022, 04:51 AM by Adonya. Edit Reason: changed tag to Pack )
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Cade who has 849 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Aquene's cry pierced Chan from ears to heart. It was clear what was wrong in her twisting howl. He abandoned the prey he'd been stalking, causing it to bolt in one direction as he burst from cover toward another. He ran as quickly as his churning legs and heaving chest could take him, through the graveyard of fauna that was their forest home and it's drifts of snow, slowing only when he was at last at the distraught mother's side.

It was clear from her actions and features that it was true - her daughter was gone. 

Chan tilted back his own muzzle, calling for the pack as a whole. They needed to know where she had last been seen, now.

Chan is choosing to turn this into an emergency meeting. No IC consequences for not joining, just know Chan will be seeking your wolf out to tell them Kateri is missing and to ask when they've last seen her.
@Siyet @Jethro @Oksana @Flair @Moonshadow @Stella
(This post was last modified: Jan 04, 2022, 03:04 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
hanging by a moment

Never did Aleister want to hear another soul crushing howl from anyone ravage through the Cove, but he especially never wanted to hear it come from the mother of his child. As he was depositing a dead hare in one of the caches, Aquene's panicked howl reached his ears calling for him. Dread filled his veins as he dropped the hare over the half dug up cache, he didn't care that he didn't rebury it. Taking off towards the direction of her howl, Aleister's frantic heartbeat was the only thing he could hear while he ran towards the call.

Please no... Please... Widened mismatched gaze went straight to Aquene, just as Chan called for the rest of the pack. Kateri couldn't be missing too! No no no no no.... He murmured frankly to himself as he came to Aquene's side. We'll find her, Aleister comforted Aquene breathlessly as he bumped her cheek lightly. His gaze was widened in panic, but his resolve was gathering. Aleister was not going to lose any more family, especially his daughter. We have to find her, he stated as his gaze turned to his lookalike. Whatever it took. 

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 587 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash knew something was wrong; it was twisting in his gut, creeping up the back of his neck, throbbing in his heart. All of it, like every time before when something awful had happened. He just... couldn't find it. He never could, until it was too late, and this time it was the raw grief in Aquene's voice as she cried for them that told him he was, once again, too slow.

He didn't even need to think; Nash was taking off across the snow, flying as if the sky had given him wings. Aleister and Chan must have been closer, since they'd beaten him. Chan was calling for the rest of the pack as Nash was skidding in. Aleister was already with Aquene, bumping her, and while Nash didn't want to get between the parents he couldn't not be there to comfort her, especially given their recent conversations. He was at her side in a flash, pressing his side against her to offer what inconsequential comfort he could. "We'll find her," he said, voice both firm and soft as he spoke to the pair. "She can't have gone far. We'll find her."

Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
The dark man was inside the den avoiding the cold that bothered him much more in his old age when he heard the call. Dark ears perked at the urgency in the howl. He knew it could only mean one thing. Despite having only been in the cove for a short time and still not having learned all that had occurred before his arrival he was no stranger to panicked calls of mothers whose children were missing.

He didn't know what he could do help but he rose as quickly to his feet as his old bones would allow. Exiting the den he quickly found the small group that had gathered. "Tell me what I can do to help," he said to @Chan.

Kajika had gone straight to his godson not wanting to interrupt Aleister and Nash with the distraught woman. He felt he'd not be helping to relieve the immense stress she must be under at the fear of losing her child.
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The Crow's patrol was immediately abandoned when she heard the pained cry. Help was needed and Oksana was willing to do whatever was needed of her to help her pack in its time of need. She bounded through the snow and trees as fast as she could to reach the upset mother as soon as she could.

She found that a few of her packmates had already arrived to help show their support and help however they could. It was Chan that had called but it was Aleister's side she went to. The expression on his face told her that he was suffering too. She bumped his shoulder with her nose, "What do you need me to do?" She asked the man who was her friend.

Whatever he needed she would do the best she could to make sure it happened. She knew what it was like to be lost from her family and she could see the pain in both Aquene's faces. She wanted to help then both. The Crow moved over to the Shaman and gentle brushed her cheek, "I know this won't mean much until you have your child back but we will do everything we can to bring her home to you." She turned to Aleister, "To you both."
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
As discussed in pack's discord channel, this will be rotating rather fast so if you're throwing a character in just do it whenever ^^ want to keep things moving so we can bring Kateri home sooner <3

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Chan was the first to arrive, calling for the whole pack. She was aware of that but she had tunnel vision right now for her daughter. She was aware of Aleister’s presence beside her and though he never held her heart in any capacity, she found relief that he was there in that moment. “We have to. We have to.” She had lost too much to lose another as well. They had all lost too much. Nash made his way in, his side pressed against her and even that did little to bring her relief in this moment.

“I have to find her.” She stated again with certainty, as if it was the only words she could manage to repeat. The were the only words ringing through her head. “She’s never done this before… she’s never been out on her own like this, much less beyond the borders. What if… what if…” What if someone had done this to her? It only made sense to the woman, that someone had lured her daughter away because it just seemed so off, at least in this moment with her frazzled mind, that Kateri never would have done so on her own.

No one else interacted with her, not until Oksana made her way over. She didn’t know the woman too well, and admittedly her words did not mean much, but then again it seemed like the woman already knew that. No one’s words would mean much until her daughter was found and safely back by her side. No doubt Aquene would have a hard time letting her out of her sight again after this, at least for awhile.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 587 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
It didn't take long for several of the pack's adults to assemble, something for which Nash was grateful. It was clear they all knew why they'd been called, even without Chan or Aquene beginning an explanation. The mother was clearly distraught - understandably - and didn't seem to really pay much heed to the wolves around them. Nash wished he could do more for her, but unlike the situation with the herbs he knew nothing he could say here would comfort her.

He looked miserably at Aleister. He too was missing a daughter. "We'll find her," he repeated, because he didn't know what else to say. "We'll make a plan and we'll bring her home."

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
i walked the path that led me to the end

For several more moments, the panic continued to course through his veins. Aquene's plea met his ears, his own head shaking away the possible thought... No, they would find her. She couldn't have been taken from her. Aleister was not going to have Aquene lose another child. No, he was going to make this right. There was nothing he could have done with Pyter, but with Kateri, he could fix this.

Finally, clarity found him in the form of Oksana with her soft touch to his shoulder snapping him out of the panicked daze he was in. The fuzziness of the situation cleared, like a fog parting with the mid-day sun. His mismatched gaze met hers as she asked him what he needed. I need you to look after my children while I go search for our daughter. I know I can trust you to keep them safe while I'm gone, He stated before giving her a thankful bump to her cheek with his. This he could be certain of as long as his children kept their word to stay put.

We need to split up into groups to further our search range. He stated firmly as his mismatched gaze looked over the small group assembled. With the weather, her trail will be tricky to track, so if we have more paws going in more directions, the better. Kajika, I'm sure Chan would be in agreeance that you can help keep the pack safe while we are gone? Aleister said with a quick glance to the Eastfall leader. He hadn't asked for his title back yet, so Chan was still in right to disagree with any of his ideas right now, but Aleister was only concerned with finding Kateri as fast as possible and he was sure Chan would be in the same frame of mind.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Chan had called for duty, for any information about a missing wolf. Unfortunately Siyet had not ever had any interaction with Kateri. This was quite disturbing that a pup was missing. Siyet wanted to lend a hand anyway she could.

" Unfortunately I haven't seen the young one. But if there is anything I can do to help please let me know "