(See All?) Announcements
359 Users Online
Google, Jadon, Nadine, Bing, Apollo

Fluttering all around — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
RE: Oksana, flower petals drift toward you on a cool breeze. Where did they come from?

She'd started to feel the symptoms that came along with pregnancy. Though she'd never had pups she had s mother that made sure she knew. She could also feel changes in her body and somehow she just knew. The crow was elated that she was going to be a mother and also give her husband more children. That morning she'd spent daydreaming as she made her patrol. It wasn't yet time for her to start taking it easy. Oksana planned to keep helping out as much as she could until she couldn't any longer.

There was something really important on her mind that morning. She set out through the forest of Sanguine Cove to find it. She was on her search when flower petals floated down through the air. They fell to the ground all around her. Once they'd rested at her paws she sniffed one before looking up into the trees curious about where they'd come from. The trees weren't full of leaves and there didn't seem to be any flowering plants around her. She stood there for a moment trying to figure it out.
Played by Flywolf who has 587 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

If the women hadn't been clue enough, the temperatures definitely declared they were out of winter. It wasn't hot yet, but Nash knew there would be no more snow this season. It was a relief; herds would start returning to the higher elevations and they wouldn't have to worry about avalanches for a while again. The guardian had new concerns, however; he and his wife had been successful and now she was pregnant. He was going to be a dad. I'm going to be a dad. He could still hardly believe it.

A scent on the faint breeze caught Nash's attention. It seemed Aquene wasn't the only one expecting.

With a faint smile Nash turned to catch up to his new leader. He caught sight of her gazing into the trees as petals drifted around her. She was a beautiful picture. "Spring is definitely upon us," he remarked as he approached, following her gaze to find the source of the petals. The trees weren't blooming yet, that he could see. "I wonder where they've come from."

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
It was curious where the petals had come from. She didn't know there were any flowering trees in the area. Even I there were they hadn't bloomed to make it obvious where they'd come from. She watched them as they came down and seemed to swirl on the breeze around her. It brought a smile to the Crows lips. Wherever they came from they were a welcome sight after looking at snow for the past months.

Her attention was averted from the petals for a moment by someone's approach. Turning her head to see she recognized Nash coming toward her. She smiled and let her tail sway in a friendly manner.

"Yes it is. I can't wait to see the mountain in the spring. I didn't get to last year." She had still been out in her own wandering the lore at this time the previous year. Nash brought her attention back to the flower petals. "I'm not sure to be honest but I had considered that maybe the wind could have carried them here from somewhere else." It was really the only thing that had come to her mind and she wasn't even sure if that could actually happen.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash returned his new alpha's smile as he approached. She seemed relaxed today; in fact, the entire vibe of the day seemed more relaxed than they'd had in a while. It was nice to not have to worry, even if it was only for a few moments. He was sure he would start worrying more than ever before long, especially as Aquene neared birthing.

The guardian followed Oksana's gaze back to the petals and their mysterious source. He nodded as she suggested the wind. He knew the higher up the mountain he got, the stronger the wind would blow. He wondered if the same worked for the sky. If that was the case, they could have blown in from anywhere. "Let's hope it's a sign we'll have a good spring," he said. If there were already flowers somewhere, it must mean a lush summer was ahead of them.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The flower petals were a pleasant and welcome sight for the crow. She knew that it meant warmer temperatures were on the way and the snow would soon be gone. Only a short time ago she was worrying about having her children while the temperatures were still cold. She thought it was nice to share this moment with Nash, they hadn't had much opportunity to speak since her joining but now that she was a leader she would need to speak with him more often.

All of that could wit for now. They needed the moment to breath after everything that had happened over the winter. She smiled again at his sentiment, "I certainly am hoping," she told, "But the cove is strong. Is Aquene doing well?" She asked letting her gaze drift to the Guardian. Oksana admittedly had been caught up with her own pregnancy that she hadn't gotten to see the Shaman. "I am happy for you both Nash. It seems the cove will be blessed with new life again this year."
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

The petals gently drifting about them were certainly beautiful. Nash hoped they might have more spontaneous flower showers.

Oksana agreed with him, then inquired after his own expecting wife. A faint smile graced his face. "She's doing well. Tired, but well. Ready for the pups to enter the world." She was nervous too, though Nash couldn't blame her for that. Kateri had lost a brother without ever getting to know him; she didn't want that for this year's children. He didn't want it either. He was taking pains to care for her, make sure she had enough food and water and didn't face too much stress. He'd even started keeping an eye out for new herb growth, knowing @Aquene would want to start restocking as soon as possible. He wanted her to be comfortable.

"How are you handling everything?" he asked. They hadn't really spoken since she'd ascended as their leader or since she'd gotten pregnant.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana stopped wondering where the petals had come from. She just wanted to enjoy them for their beauty and how they made her feel.

She turned a curious haze on her companion. She wanted to know how Aquene was doing. Oksana knew the Shaman was pregnant but regrettably she hadn't had the chance to check in on her. She was pleased to hear the news that Nash gave her. "I am happy to hear she's doing well. Will your puppies be coming soon do you think?" Oksana wondered if Aquene was just excited to meet her new children or if she just wanted her pregnancy to be over.

Nash turned the question on her which gave her a moments pause. "Well, I think I'm doing alright for now. A little worried I suppose. This will be my first litter and I don't really know what to expect." It hadn't ever been something she and Inna had talked about.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash knew they were lucky; both women were having a smooth pregnancy, and with it being the second year they'd lived here they had more experience from last year's litters and were more familiar with the territory. He smiled at the thought of his incoming children. He wondered what it would feel like, seeing them for the first time. He felt warm just thinking about it.

"I hope they come soon; I think Aquene is ready to be done being pregnant just as much as she wants to meet them. I hope they look like her," he added, perhaps a little dreamily. Their mother was beautiful, and if they all took after her it would be wonderful.

Oksana was answering his question then, admitting her nerves. He nodded in understanding. "I completely understand that. I can't imagine how I'd feel if this was Aquene's first litter too. We'd both be a wreck. I'm sure you'll do fine, though; you're going to make a great mother." He meant it, too. Sana was doing well as their leader, and that talent would certainly pass to her children, Nash was certain.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana tried not to worry too much about her pregnancy. It was hard not to with it being her first one. She worried about how the puppies were doing. Were they getting enough nutrients. Was she doing all of the right things to make sure they were healthy. The crow tried to busy herself with other things to keep her mind off of it all. She was still in a position that she could do most everything she could before.

Oksana was curious how Aquene was doing. Not only because she wanted to make sure the Shaman was doing alright but also because she was curious. Was she feeling the same as Oksana was? As it turned out she was eager to have her pups. "I take it the new father is eager to meet his children? I think I might be feeling the way Aquene is soon enough. I think the bigger I get the less I'm going to want them in there," she said only half joking. [/b]"I have to wonder how many are in there."[/b] Thst was something else she'd given some thought to.

Thankfully Nash was understanding in her Confession of her worries. He was encouraging though amd maybe she needed that more. "I think it's hard to not be with your first. You don't know what to expect or how it's supposed to feel when things go badly so you can get help. It's a lot but thank you Nash. I think I'll be a good mother too." At least she hoped she would but at the end of the day she couldn't know that either.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash huffed out a small laugh and nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready to meet them too," he agreed. He was nervous about the kind of father he'd be; would he be like his own dad, stern and loving? He hoped so. He wanted to be the best father he could be. He desperately wanted his children to love him.

He knew Oksana would be a good mother. She was certainly a great friend, and a great leader. "Don't forget we have my mom, too," he added with a smile. "I know she's just as excited about your litter as she is mine. I think she's really going to be everyone's grandma." She already was, with Al's previous litters. Moon had that special something.