(See All?) Announcements
399 Users Online
Google, Apolline, Clover, Bing, Finley, Oleander

Laying Down the Law — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

As the other Poison Path wolves trickled in for the pack meeting, Athena sat silent, but vigilant. The soft pads of Jedd’s paws were the first sign of the two remaining wolves. He greeted their leaders with respect and submission before settling down in the group. The last to appear was Fallen. Her eyes followed him until he made it to the boulders at which Rhysis and Naira laid upon. He was doing well with his submission and greeting until he voiced his last comment. Immediately she knew it was not a good choice of words. She wanted to cringe when he snarled at him, but she held herself steady. As her dark leader began to speak, she was not surprised when he mentioned exile or death. She did not plan to betray them, so she did not worry herself with the threats that he hung over their heads.

He began to speak of the rules that she knew would come. A fight to prove their worth did not seem entirely bad unless you are as small as Athena is. That could prove a bit difficult, but whatever it takes to become the strongest pack in Relic Lore, you had to take these measures. Her name was mentioned as a referee of sorts, but as he said, she did not have a final say in the matter, only him. His second rule was pretty much mandatory. If they were going to stay undetected by the River wolves or other packs that would want to try to destroy them, they needed to be secretive. They were a young pack, with few numbers. They could be easy picked out and tossed out. They had a bounty over their heads after all; they needed to be extra careful.

When he told them his third rule, she felt obligated to put in extra time in this. She needed to have skills if they were to be attacked and since she was tiny, she needed to be able to defend herself and Naira if the need arise. Hope did a good job at teaching her the basics, but she could learn plenty of things from Rhysis. Loyalty and respect was then listed as the main rule that dominates the newly formed pack. This was something that she planned to exceed in. She would give her life if she had to, to protect her leaders, especially Naira. She carried valuable young that would give the pack life. Without them, they could risk falling apart.

The two subordinates, Ava and Jedd were the first to introduce their selves and offer their skills. Jedd stated that he wanted to become second in command like herself. Ava offered to receive extra lessons in healing from Naira and Athena then knew what she was going to ask for. ”Athena Moon. I will offer you all of my loyalty, respect and support to the both of you throughout the years to come.” She started off, looking at both of them. Her ears were laid back on her head, respectfully as she continued. ”I would like to participate in extra lessons from you, Rhysis, to improve my strength and fighting ability.” She finished, her eyes rested upon Rhysis waiting for his response.
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by Kckc1289 who has 69 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fallen
Sorry, I have been busy. T_T

The leader nipped at his muzzle and sent a harsh whisper that sent shivers down his spine. He had tried to be respectful. But it was his fault. And he accepted it. He sat down near Athena, but still separate from the close band of the original founders. There was a black female, she seemed close with the others. And the male, he looked new. LIke Fallen, he was sitting separate. The leader than began talking. Now Fallen had entered the pack, by permission of the leader. But then, <i>To gain entry to our pack, those wishing to join must battle another...</i>

A lot of rules were presented, which was always acceptable. Here it was, Rhysis and Naira were the pack leaders. The third rule was the one, Fallen thought, the one everyone was looking forward too. As was he. Training. There was always room for improvement. After, all Fallen was a loner for a while and definitely his hunting needed improvement. Everyone then said what they offered and their thoughts on the rules. Jedd showed the ultimate submission. <b>"Fallen. I offer my speed. I wish to improve on my hunting and my fighting skills as well."</b>
Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>The pack came forward. One by one. He listened to each and every wolf as they spoke and considered their words greatly. In silence he debated each of their fates within their pack. Some requests were perfectly reasonable. Others were out of the question but he had to be sure he had covered all angles before he responded.

<b>”Jedd.”</b> he said at last, looking down to the male. <b>”For the time being I will give you the role of hunter. My second’s position is off limits until a wolf among us proves their worth.”</b> He glanced to Naira then, looking for her approval of the decision. He had after all delivered them a mountain goat, not an easy task, and had proved himself as an excellent hunter. His role would be vital in the upcoming months with their pack focused on the pups.

<b>”Ava. You too shall be a hunter for the pack. You will work with Jedd and keep on top of the food cache. We will rely on you to determine when we need to restock, so ensure you keep on top of it all.”</b> he paused a moment, considering her second request as he glanced to Naira. <b>”I am not sure Naira could handle an apprentice with the pups on the way, but I have no problems with you studying with her whilst she is available.”</b> He said with a light shrug; if Naira had the time, patience and energy to teach the skill she loved so, he wasn’t going to stop her.

As Athena spoke up, he had to contain his smile. He wasn’t surprised with her request to take his challenge first. The little wolf always seemed to need to prove herself and he was more then happy to be the one to test her limits. <b>”I accept your request, Athena. When we are finished with the pack hunt, you shall be the first to endure the training.”</b>

As Fallen requested his role, he chuckled. A pack of hunters... when he wanted a pack of fighters and the only one with any real umph for the battle was the tiniest wolf he’d ever met. Just his luck. Surely this was karma paying him a visit. With a huff, he looked to Fallen. <b>”You will follow Ava’s lead. I will test your fighting skills during my endurance test and only then will I consider you for a guardian’s role.”</b> he said with a final nod, believing he could not be any fairer then this towards the stranger. He knew nothing of him after all.

As his word was heard, he glanced down to Naira then, allowing her time to speak if she needed it.
</blockquote>
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote> The silver and gold tinted lady listened closely as each of those who had gathered stated their case. She was sure their words would be tested in the weeks to come, until then, they would remain simply that. <i>Words.</i> Her entire world had turned upside down since she had left the River wolves, not only the way she saw the world around her but in how she viewed herself. She had gained a new understanding of others because of it. Once upon a time she would have said that she would put her pack above all else, until she had forsaken them for her own selfish desires. She knew now that quality lurked somewhere in each and every wolf gathered before her. The only thing separating them was the extent to which they would each sacrifice for the good of the pack, and to what extent they would cave to their own selfish desires. Her anger still smoldered beneath the surface, but she would control herself for now.

The first to speak was Jedd, who requested the position of Second. While she doubted her mate would cede on the matter, she took the request into consideration. Athena had been given the role through her persistence in protecting their family, through border patrols and approaching those who ventured too close. She was also quick to investigate newcomers and took the time to get to know all of her pack mates. The next time they had a moment, she would need to ask the girls opinion on the pack that was growing around them.

The next to speak was Ava. Naira held a fondness for the girl and couldn’t contain the smile that crossed her face when the dark lady expressed her interest in learning of healing and her offer to collect the required medicines was met more than eagerly by the tawny leader. It would help to ease some of her mates anxiety if there was someone else to take the duty of gathering from her. As much as she enjoyed roaming the lands in search of what she needed, she was realistic. She needed to stop roaming so far. For now at least. She didn’t want a repeat of the last time she had gone gathering. <b>”I would be grateful for the distraction.”</b> she admitted to the dark wolf with a small smile.

Although her mate seemed to think she would be snowed under laying about and waiting for the pups to grow, with her enforced detention, it would not only offer her a distraction, but it would offer him a chaperone. Someone to make sure she didn’t stray from their pack lands. While it may not have crossed his mind yet, she had the feeling it may sooner rather than later, so she began to mentally prepare herself for the lessons she would begin teaching the dark lady within the next few days.

Her chest swelled with pride as Athena opened her mouth and her words were soothing to Naira’s ears. She had already told Rhysis she wanted warriors, although it seemed the white wolf was the only one willing to fulfill her leaders wish. She may be small, but she was courageous. Having grown up with a wolf smaller than the white lady before her she knew size was no way to judge what another wolf was capable of. Not for the first time she wondered what had become of her vivacious little sister. If she could see her now she would sob tears of sadness. Best she did not know of the terrified little wraith her sister had become.

Fallen’s words were few, and followed much the same line of Athena’s. The smaller male showed promise, and she would need to take the time to get to know the other dark male sooner rather than later. Once her mood began to turn it would be best for all the Poisoned wolves to keep their distance. She had only seen what others had endured, but didn’t have any airy expectations that she would be the exception. That feral part of her demeanor that she kept so well contained would burst forth and her pack mates and darling would bear the brunt of it. But it was all part of bearing life. The sleepless nights, the restless stomach. It was not an experience she thought she would enjoy but she planned on relishing every moment of it.

Her loves soothing tones responded to each of the wolves gathered before them and her eyes rested on each as judgement was passed. She had little to add beyond her comment to Ava and waited expectantly to see if any of the gathered would have anything to add, any objections to the ruling of their leader. If anyone was displeased with their position they were welcome to challenge for it. That went without saying.</blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
The remaining two packmates spoke: Athena requesting to become a better fighter and the new wolf, Fallen, mentioning he could improve there and in hunting as well. Shortly following, Ava listened while judgement was handed to them by Rhysis first, then Naira. Her hypothesis for Jedd was proven, though she was somewhat eager to see his progress. Perhaps he would make it to the top after all. She was actually rather intriguied to discover what would become of them all, for there did appear to be a variety among them.

At her name she raised her head slightly, amber eyes focused on her leader. It shone in her eyes that she was happy with his words - Ava loved to hunt and would gladly collect food for the pack's store. Briefly she glanced toward Jedd, giving him a small nod to show their new partnership. She was interested to see what the male was made of, and working together was one way to find out. While Rhysis' concern over her second request was a tiny bit disheartening, it pleased her more than she allowed to show in her expression the approval Naira gave to her request. She allowed a grin to appear across her muzzle when she nodded back to the tawny leader, excitement already growing in her for the days to come.

She blinked at the second mention of her name, once again glancing toward the wolf with whom she'd soon know more about. A polite smile edged itself onto her lips and she acknowledged him with a slight raise of her chin. With no objection to the hand she'd been dealt, Ava looked back upon the leaders' pedestal in silence.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Athena watched and listened as Rhysis responded. Jedd would become a hunter instead of the second in command under Rhysis. It seemed about fair. Jedd has not been here very long and she doubted Rhysis would just let a random wolf in the second position. He was too weary for that. He needed to find out if they were all loyal and willing to serve under him before he gave them a high position.

Ava too was going to be a hunter and Athena wondered if she was good as well. The animals up here were hard to find and even harder to catch. She was quite good at finding them; she just did not have all the strength to take the animal down. That is where her pack mates come in to asset her. Now with two wolves on hunting duties, she doubted they would go hunger for long. Both Jedd and Ava looked strong and healthy, so they would be able to take down animals easily if they worked together.

As Rhysis addressed her question, she could not help smiling at his answer. She would be the first to train with him, which she was quite happy about. However, it also made her a little nervous of what would be in store for her. She would not know from any of the other wolves of what they would have endured, instead she would have to find out herself. Anyway, mysteries always intrigued her.

With the request of a improved fighting skills and hunting skills from Fallen, she was pleased with Rhysis's answer. He too would soon be tested and he would be another hunter. Three hunters and one little fighter. Was not too bad, but hopefully they will get more members. They could not be this small for too long. It could be disastrous.
Played by Bridget who has 67 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Jedd Millinae
Jedd nodded his head in appreciation of his leader's words. Hunter.
It was what he was specialized at; something he would not fail at doing.
To him, hunting was like a dance, and he was surely one hell of a good
dancer. He smirked lightly to himself, ears remaining flat against his head
in submission. His tail curled out from beneath him, hanging straight down
now, rather than up towards his groin.

The pack was going to bloom into a deadly flower- he just knew it. These
wolves seemed reliable, dependable. He knew within his cold hear that
many great things would be accomplished. With a flick of his tail, his mind
began to whir with the thoughts of sparring. 'Could be fun...' he thought,
imagining him in a tussle with this other male that he had not seen before.

This other male. Who the hell was he? He seemed to appear out of nowhere.
Jedd turned his head slightly, observing the brute carefully. He wondered if
Rhysis had put him up to the task that he had to complete. It would only be fair.
(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2012, 08:56 PM by Jedd.)
Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
Skipping Fallen as they're inactive. Make your leaving posts here. :)

<blockquote>He nodded, it seemed everyone was satisfied for the time being. He supposed that was a good sign, they were content with their roles and his word. He wasn't really sure what he could have said if anyone had piped up to argue, he wasn't really in a position to kick anyone out just yet, they needed help, they needed strength especially with the puppies on the way, so it was a relief to head that everyone was on board with what he had said.

<b>"Good. That's everything sorted. Keep an ear out, we'll hunt in a few days."</b> he said as he stook and glanced about to each wolf once more. <b>"You may now continue on your day."</b> he said with a final nod as he glanced down to Naira, waiting to see if she had anything more to add before they dissapeared to do whatever it was they would fill the rest of their day with.
</blockquote>
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
As Rhysis, content with its turn-out, adjourned the meeting with the moon still hanging against the dark background of the sky, Ava inclined her head toward the stoney ground and passed a bright amber gaze among her fellow packmates, a wolf equivalent of a mass "goodnight" message. Next her eyes fell upon Rhysis, ears flattening and chin moving further toward the ground as she nodded her respect to him. Lastly she would address Naira with the same submissive respect, though she held a delicate smile on her face, showing her eagerness for their upcoming medicinal lessons. Then she would rise from her seat amongst the gathered wolves and, content with what had transpired, disappear into their rocky surroundings. Nearly shrouded in the darkness of the night, the dark-coated she-wolf would slink to her own rocky gathering among which she had made her personal den. There was plenty to consider and discuss and, especially, <i>do</i> tomorrow. But for now, Ava would lay her head in peace, for proper rest was the utmost preparation for the days ahead.

{exit}
(This post was last modified: Apr 22, 2012, 09:21 PM by Ava.)
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

She nodded, satisfied that this was finally done with. They now have order and rules to live by, which pleased Athena. Now we could see who was loyal and who was going to cut short. She liked a challenge and Rhysis's rules and tests intrigued her. She'll be able to prove her worth and her skills and she could not wait for the testing to begin.

She watched as Ava stood up and started to leave. With her goodbye glance, Athena slipped her a soft smile before watching her leave. She too knew it was her time to get back to her den to rest for tomorrow's duties. Standing up, she glanced at her leaders, her ears flattened and stance submissive. "Goodnight," she addressed to both Naira and Rhysis with a light smile. She then left the group and started towards her den for some much needed rest.

{exit}