260 Users Online
Bing, Google

a prayer for rain — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 47 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camden Elliot
AW maybe @Zavier ?

It had been crazy. It was as if the water had just disappeared over night, and it had taken days of searching to find the small oasis that wasn’t completely dried up, following stream beds back to their source in a quest to finally quench his thirst. He had been staying close and trying to avoid others. He was just thankful that this patch of water was not claimed by a pack otherwise he might have to join of all things in order to survive.

Survival was truly his own focus, and gone were the whims that had carried him throughout the delectable season that had created an unknowingly fruitful bounty. He had made his way to the water’s edge, though even the spring was looking sad. He took a few sips, conserving his energy and the water. A part of him was afraid that if he drank too much, the water might run out there too. He did not want to be saddled to this spring for the rest of his life, truly.

sorry baby girl but i can't tonight

Played by PuppyThief who has 12 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Carrow Asurn

This cursed draught was driving her insane! After her encounter further south, the crow had been forced on a northern course along the mountain, desperately searching for water. Everywhere, she saw signs of its usual plentifulness, creeks and rivers carved into the ground, but all long since dry. What few watering holes she had come across had been overrun, by other wildlife as well as wolves; Can’t a girl have anything to herself?!

She wasn’t sure how long she’d been walking today, under the unbearable sun, when the scent hit her nostrils. Exhausted and bone-dry as she was, the dark wolfess rushed to follow the trail, almost stumbling over her own paws several times in her eagerness to finally quench her thirst. She had sense for nothing but the murky water, plunging the entire front of her body into the dregs as soon as she came upon them. Sticking her muzzle half under water, she slurped desperately, blind to the world around her until she finally had to pull back, gasping for air.

That’s when she spotted him on the opposite bank, pale coat standing out starkly against the brown and gold of the dried-out landscape. Carrow stiffened, hackles prickling as she stared down the stranger, frozen in place. Her throat ached for her to return to the water, the last droplets already drying in her fur, but she held her ground, waiting for the other to make the first move.

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Jun 12, 2022, 12:34 AM by Carrow.)
Inactive No Rank
Camden Elliot

He had been blinded by his own thirst as well, not noticing her presence across the way until she was gasping for air. He paused, his head raising so he could look at her with widened eyes. He did not know why he had not expected to run into another wolf. From what he could tell, this was the only place to hydrate for quite some distance on either side… surely more wolves would need to make trips around here, right?

She said nothing but stayed frozen, noting the prickling of her hackles as she stared him down. His tail waved in a friendly manner. “I mean you no harm, mon cherie… we are here for the same reason: to quench our thirst.” He was quick to let the words fall, hoping it would be enough to soothe her and get her to relax. He slurped up a few more sips of water with a soft and relieved sigh before his head tilted to the side. “What is your name? My name is Camden, but my friends all call me Cam.” He was hoping they could be friends too. Conflict and hatred were a dull and haphazard affair after all.

Inactive No Rank
Carrow Asurn

Ember-like eyes were fixed on the pale man, studying every inch of him as her brain churned behind them. He was bigger than her, but not as heavily muscled – under normal circumstances she’d feel confident in her strength against his, but she had no way of knowing if he was as dehydrated as her or not. Safer to play nice, for now at least.

He seemed to be of the same opinion, speaking in a honeyed voice to try and sooth her. Mentally grinding her teeth, she allowed him to, letting her scruff settle again and slowly blinking her eyes. As he lowered his head back to the water, she slowly did the same, wrapping herself in an air of caution as she secretly continued to judge him.

Tongue lapping more temperedly now, she continued to watch him, pulling back from the water as soon as he did. His manner remained friendly though, and so she answered him alike, all be it a little more hesitant; “Oh uhm… I guess my friends call me Crow.” Never mind that she didn’t have any; “Most of the time anyway… I’ve certainly never been called Moonshine before.” She scrunched up her nose, trying to make sense of the unknown term he’d used. Then she let out a small, nervous giggle, the picture of a coy damsel.

Thoughts ”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Camden Elliot

Crow… it was certainly a… unique name. He offered a soft chuckle as she failed to recognize the endearment that he used with just about every dame he met, even if one in particular happened to hold his heart at the moment. “No, no, you misunderstand… not moonshine. Mon Cherie. He clearly enunciated both words with a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. “It is how one tries to compliment a woman where I’m from… I believe it is similar to saying my dear.” He offered the best translation he could.

At least he was familiar with the language she spoke, unlike the other wolf with whom he had tried to communicate. He still wondered what happened to the woman Inger. He did hope that she found her way home, and that all was well. “This drought has been so difficult… I do hope it does rain soon. I think all of the creatures could use it.” Small talk… that was what wolves did, right?

Inactive No Rank
Carrow Asurn

She continued to smile in response to his laugh, tilting her head slightly as he explained himself. He was the charming sort, no doubt used to women bowing and squirming at his flattery; My dear… Hardly enough to make Carrow all ditzy, though he wasn’t bad to look at. Still, it would take a lot more to earn the Crow’s affections, and she wasn’t in the market for any such thing – only information.

So, she continued to show him interest, understanding lighting in her eyes; “Oh…” She shuffled her paws, turning down her gaze bashfully: “Then… Thank you.” She suspected he’d use the phrase with most ladies he encountered, but he didn’t need to know that. Outwardly, she was flustered, unable to meet his eyes until he changed the subject.

Then, she raised her head, nodding agreement. “I was lucky to find this place,” she gestured at the water; “It’s the first drink I’ve had in days. Even food is getting hard to come by.” It was simple statements of truth, but that was usually the way of small talk – a necessary step on the road to useful conversation

Thoughts ”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Camden Elliot

He offered her a soft grin as she thanked him, and he ducked his head in a form of bow if only to acknowledge the thanks. For all his words and flattery, he still was not terribly certain of how he should react to such words, such thanks… He used Mon Cherie often, and it was not always a term of flirtation but one of endearment or simple greeting, depending on the context.

But usually? Usually it certainly had flirtatious undertones to it.

He nodded at her plight. “It is far from my pack’s lands… farther than I would like at least, but it is one of the few sources in the area that has not dried up.” He confirmed with hers. “I try to make trips here often… I have even taken turtle shells and used them to carry water back… our alpha… she carries children, and I worry if the water does not return soon, it could affect both her health and theirs.” It was an odd thing to confide in a stranger, but it had been on his mind lately, especially knowing it was possible that the children were his.

Inactive No Rank
Carrow Asurn

His modesty reeked of fakeness to the skeptical shewolf, though she didn’t let it show, returning his smile shyly. Whether or not he was honest in his interest didn’t matter, she wasn’t planning on sticking around long enough to explore it. Luckily, he was open to other avenues of conversation, even offering up some information of his own accord, talking about his pack.

Carrow’s smile grew, her tail giving a light wag, pleased with this morsel and what more it might lead to. She let her brows furrow, head tilting to show concern for this poor, pregnant alpha. Secretly, she wondered if it might be the same woman she’d run into down south, although she was hoping for something else, another pack to investigate.

“How awful! It truly is the worst time for a draught to hit,” the Crow piped sympathetically; “She’s lucky to have you to help.” That was no lie either, the benefit of a pack after all was support and strength in numbers; If only it weren’t so restricting…! Her eyes fell to her paws, embarrassment lining her features and making her ears droop; “We never had a pack. Ma ‘n Pa had to raise us all on their own…” Of course they’d kicked them to the curb as soon as possible, but she neglected to mention that detail even as a bit for sympathy – one truth she would forever hold close, out of self-preservation.

Thoughts ”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Camden Elliot

Her return of a shy smile brought him some faith that she seemed to take the words for the genuine nature in which he shared them. He admired the female form, however it came to him. He even noted the light wag of the tail when he started to speak more, promising perhaps the budding nature of a friendship brewing as well. Camden saw hope for the entire situation, and with her next words, he had an idea brewing in his skull.

Whether or not it would work was another story. She admitted that she’d never had a pack, even showed concern for Avella and her fate. “Would you like one?” He asked, his head tipping to the side curiously as he inquired.

Her mother had raised her all her own. “Willow Ridge is a very accepting place… I have not been with them long, but they have been very warm and welcoming… a good place to start if you wanted to experience pack life.” He offered to her, especially knowing how hard it could be with the drought. Even if it was just a place to stay until it ended, surely she could have some promise and he doubted Avella would turn down more numbers to help protect her young as well…

It was a shot in the dark, but one that Camden felt comfortable making. He felt as though he were a good judge of character.