how we're gonna make it work when it hurts — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

It was all eye-opening, and he understood why his mother had not been a fan of pack life or pack structure before. It did not sound like an environment that she would like very much, having to answer to others. She hadn’t even been a fan of telling him things he wanted to know like who his father was, much less being forced to tell others what she was doing at all times. In many ways it was limiting… but Seri still found the appeal in the close-knit nature of Dead Empress Backwater.

He also really enjoyed having the constant companionship of so many.

Everything she said made sense. The pack needed to stay together in order to keep each other safe and help each other survive, so if they wandered off too much, then there would be no real point in having a pack at all. “I just… I promised I would visit him. I never really got to know him… my mom didn’t like to talk about him at all.” With it, a frown came across his features, and a sadness in his eyes. He did miss his mother, of course he did… she was his mother but he was still saddened by how they had left things.

“She got really mad… and then she disappeared… and I was alone, so I came here… because I didn’t know my dad all that well, but I knew Eros, and I knew his dad.” He stated with another frown on his features. He still had not fully come to terms with the fact that they had essentially abandoned each other in their anger. In his mind, his mother had simply disappeared, as if she had been lost in a storm or something as innocent and out of their control as weather.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee hadn't ever really considered life outside the pack. They were her family and Valles stuck together. At least they did until Modesto did what she had. Thinking about it now however didn't really sound that appealing. Though she did like the idea of not being told what to do and not having anyone to answer to. Even still she wasn't sure that she could just leave her family like that. She wondered what would have happened to her when she woke and Vayko hadn't been there to help her through those first few days.

Seri had seemed very concerned about going to visit his father. She didn't know the while story about the yearling and his father so when he explained a little more it helped her to understand things a little better. "I think that Viorel and even my brother would be happy to allow you visits with your father. Family is important to us and so I think they would feel it important you get to know him better. I don't understand why your mother wouldn't tell you about him. Aleister seemed really nice when I met him."

Sharlee couldn't help shaking her head whenhe talked about his mother's reaction. "She shouldn't have done that to you Seri. I'm really sorry she did but I am glad you came to join us. I am sure that made Eros very happy and I think that this is a good place for you." She believed that the backwater could provide Seri with a place where he could feel like he belonged.
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

Some of the tension he had been holding unintentionally in his shoulders relaxed when Sharlee comforted him, telling him that he would be allowed to visit his father and that it would not be an issue. He was glad that family was important, especially since he felt he never really had experience with family being close together before all of this. He didn’t know what a healthy family dynamic looked like… not until he met Eros and his family, of course…

He knew his father had healthy dynamics with his other children and the mothers of said children, but something had happened between him and Kisina. He still didn’t really understand it all… he never really got the full story. His dad hadn’t even known he existed until they had all met on the mountain… he didn’t even get confirmation from his mom that his dad was his dad. All he had to go by was the uncanny appearance between the two of them. “He does seem really nice.” There was an added layer of confusion to show he didn’t understand it either.

He didn’t know what it felt like to belong, glancing at his paws for a long moment. “Eros is the closest family I have.” He admitted almost quietly for a moment before clearing his throat. “Thank you, Ms. Sharlee… for telling me about all this stuff… it’s been a little overwhelming.”

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee couldn't know what it was like to be Seri. To not know his father and then not be able to get to know him. She could understand why being able to go and visit his father was so important to the boy. She hoped that by being in the backwater and being able to visit his father would give them the chance to get to know each other and build a relationship. Though she didn't have much of one with her own father she knew that the bond between a father and son was an important one. "Now you can have the chance to get to know him and have a good relationship with him," she replied.

Sharlee felt that the backwater would be a good place for Seri. Much better than what he came from. The pack would welcome him with open paws amd make him one of them, a part of the family. That was how they were. She of course wouldn't say that to the young boy but she thought he'd find out soon enough.

She smiled at his Comment about Eros, "Well you know that family doesn't always have to be blood. A family it a group of wolves who care very deeply for each other." Sharlee smiled again, "Your welcome Seri. I'm glad to be able to help. You know you can come to me whenever you need to talk or need gelp with something. It is a lot to take in for sure but don't worry. You'll get the hang of things." She was sure about that.