(See All?) Announcements
697 Users Online
Google, Neo, Bing

Every day it's getting closer — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 604 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
@Moonshadow and @Chan it's time to tell them what's coming!
Takes place early afternoon 2/8

Whenever Nash thought about the coming months he felt a little lightheaded. There was so much happening all at once... He almost wondered if telling Chan so soon before he left was cruel, but he couldn't imagine letting his brother go traipsing off on his adventures without letting him know. It was just one more incentive for the older Eastfall to visit anyway, right?

He was giddy, his stomach turning over in knots, and it was still so far off. Nash wondered if this was how his own father felt leading up to Chan's birth. Would he have still been this excited for Nash and his sister? The younger Eastfall son had never put much thought into whether or not he would ever have children, and when he did he didn't see himself as a father. But then, his circumstances at the time had been very, very different.

He was so glad they'd changed.

The talk with Al had gone well enough, and now they just had to wait. Nash couldn't contain it any longer; he called for his mother and brother; they needed to talk.

Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan turned toward his brother's call, wondering if this was the big announcement in which the younger wolf would declare his relationship with Aquene official. He couldn't think of much else, other than to simply spend time together - he didn't usually need to howl for that, though. Tawny-topped paws took him to his sibling's side, a smile on his muzzle and tail waving.

He tossed his shoulder against Nash's in greeting, and nipped at his ear. Guardian, boyfriend, whatever fancy new titles he was getting, he was still Chan's little brother.

"Looks like you just took a whole moose down by yerself."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Winter still had its icy grip upon the cove but had been slowly releasing it as spring began to approach. The sun was high in the sky as the dark woman laid upon a large boulder soaking up its warmth. A single silver dusted ear flicked when Nash's call rang through the trees. Her similarily colored banner thumped a few times against the rock beneath her before she gathered the strength to stand. Moon gave her stiff limbs a good stretch before jumping down and making her way towards where her son called from.

Soon two figures came into view, one a mix of her and Tagg and the other an almost copy of herself. She smiled at the sight of her two sons, proud of the men they had become. The aging woman let out a bark, giving the pair a warm smile and wave of her banner as she approached. "Hello loves." she called as she got closer, giving each of them an affectionate nudge. Mercury pools then looked to her youngest to wait to hear why he had called them.

Word Count: 183
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

It didn't take long for his mother and brother to join him, Chan immediately picking up on his mood. Nash flashed him a grin. "Feels like it too," he quipped before turning to nudge his mother and affectionately plant a kiss to her forehead. He stepped back so he could look both of them over, giving himself a few extra moments to find the right words. The excitement was like a bubble in his chest, straining to escape.

"I have some news," he started. He had to take a deep breath to settle himself, but the smile on his face wouldn't be banished. "You both know Aquene and I are together, and, well..." His grin grew wider. "We've talked to Al; we're going to be parents."

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan greeted his mother with equal affection before turning his attention back onto Nash and whatever announcement he had. His brother had confirmed his suspected high spirits, and went on to explain. It wasn't just his relationship with Aquene? Chan's head tilted, until his sibling finished: we're going to be parents.

Genuine surprise played over his features, but it was a pleasant shock. A grin broke out across his lips and his mismatched eyes lit up. Later, after given time to digest, he would realize what it meant he was already missing. For now, he was just happy for his little brother.

"That's awesome!" he cheered enthusiastically, front paws dancing in place upon the ground, "oh my god, they're going to be so freaking cute."
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2022, 08:54 PM by Chan.)
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her youngest was the first to return her greeting before stepping back and taking a few moments to collect his thoughts. While he did the eldest Eastfall child took his turn to return her greeting. Silver dusted ears perked and pressed forwards as Nash began with "I have some news." The inky mother wondered what news he could have but didnt have to wait long before finding out either. He started by reminding them that he and Aquene were together before going on to announce that they were given permission to have a litter. Mercury pools widened and looked like a pair of full moons as her brain processed the news. Her tail stilled as she stood stunned at what the news meant...she was going to be a grandmother once again. Almost simultaneously with Chan a smile appeared on her salt and peppered maw. Her silver dusted banner began to beat wildly behind her as Chan danced and exclaimed how cute they were going to be. Moonshadow's heart swelled at the news. She was already a grandmother with @Nori, but had missed the anouncement of @Staryn's pregnancy, and then her birth and entire puphood. So much she missed out on that now she gets to be around for and she couldnt be happier in this moment. "I can't believe this! I'm so happy for y'all!" She exclaimed, moving to give him an affectionate nudge to his cheek and wolfish hug.

Word Count: 240
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash knew his brother and mother would be happy for him, but it didn't dampen the warmth that washed through him when they reacted. He smiled, a bit bashful, as Chan began dancing in place and declaring how cute his nieces and nephews would be, and then his mother was hugging him. He returned the embrace. He wished Nori and Staryn could be here too, but he hoped - knew - that wherever they were, they would be just as excited. Nori would be getting her first cousins! Assuming she had none on her father's side...

"It means we're going to have two litters again this year," he said, though choked back a joke about Al not hogging the fatherhood this year. "I'm glad our children will have agemates to play with, and I'm sure Kateri is going to be the best big sister." He hoped she was as excited about the news as Chan and Moon were.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
It means we're going to have two litters again this year, his brother declared, and Chan grinningly answered, "of course, gotta keep the tradition alive."

Knowing that many packs did not allow those within its ranks to have families, the Cove doing things differently, and having done so for generations, was a point of pride in his humble opinion. The mountain's weather and terrain may be harsh, but the pack itself was a welcoming haven to wolf kind, as he felt all groups should be. @Aleister had certainly done well by his parents, regardless of his doubts.

Chan wasn't sure how @Kateri had taken to her mother and Nash's blossoming relationship, but as Nash brought her up he silently hoped that she embraced the new additions to her family, his own brother included.

"I couldn't be happier for you," he beamed, tail wagging as if to emphasize his point.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her hug was returned and after she returned to where she stood before. Her dark boy stated that the cove would once more have two litters and the Moon laughed along with him. Though it seemed like the cove had almost always had two litters, one Vuesian and one Eastfall. This year the tradition would continue on once more, (after a double Vuesian year). It was something she was proud their families did and knew it was relatively unheard of among other packs.

Another chuckle fell from her salt and pepper maw at her eldest's joke of keeping the tradition alive. Her banner waved easily at her hocks at the mention of Kateri being a great big sister. Moon agreed the young girl would surely be a great role model. "I agree, she'll be a great role model. For both litters, since they all will be her siblings." Moon realized as she thought about it. She would have to check in with the girl later on to make sure she was coping well.

Moonshadow wished her husband was here to share in their joy. He would be so ecstatic but also so nervous. A small chuckle fell from her maw at the thought before her thoughts returned to the present. She nodded her head in agreement to Chan's statement. This was some of the best news she had gotten in a while.

Word Count: 232
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash knew he was lucky; he had a family who loved him - a family that was here, at long last. He couldn't imagine doing this, rebuilding the Cove and becoming a father, without having his mother and brother to share it with. He'd had a rough couple of years and Chan was leaving again, but they were here right now and that was what mattered. He grinned at both of them. He couldn't agree more with either of their statements, and he hoped this was a sign that everything would go well this year.

He had a good feeling, and with his mom here to help him in his first foray of parenthood, what could go wrong?

FADE