(See All?) Announcements
609 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

Toeing the line — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 61 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Daegal Archer

Daegal waited patiently while she thought, his head still tilted curiously. He'd thought it would have been an easy answer, but it only raised more questions. "...Why?" He didn't understand why adults would go away. Did that mean his mom would go away? No, never. She would never leave them, he knew.

She posed yet another question to him and it was his turn to be thoughtful. A gift for his home? He wasn't sure what his home would like. He and his brother and sister always liked it when Hagar brought them treats, though! Treats would be good.

"Treats," he said confidently. What kind of treats? He didn't know, part of the reason they were treats was the surprise!

Played by becca who has 26 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Venus

Why!

She smiled, this time genuine with its sheepishness. A soft shrug of fluffy shoulders. It just...happens. Not to everybody and not always. And the reason isn't always the same for everybody. There was no good answer to give! Sometimes wolves wandered for good reasons, other times they vanished in the night. How could she tell him such things? She couldn't!

Well, then I'll have to come back with lots and lots of treats, hm? She offered with a warmer smile now. It wouldn't be a bad idea, she figured. Especially if there were children she could teach, children who might need a doctor too.

Inactive No Rank
Daegal Archer

Her follow up left him more puzzled, nose scrunching. It seemed silly to leave a perfectly good home to go and get lost. Silly... Like what he was doing right now, risking getting lost himself by wandering outside without mom or someone to guide him.

He should really get back.

He glanced guiltily over his shoulder and then back at his new friend. "Soon?" he said. He'd thought she would come back with him now, not later.

Still, he needed to go back. "I'm Daegal," he said.

Played by becca who has 26 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Venus

Soon, She echoed back to him with a smile and nod. He was a good boy. Nice and sweet. She imagined there was a very concerned mother, or sitter, somewhere. Looking for him. A good reminder to herd him back home.

I'm Venus. Why don't you show me back to your home so I know where to come to meet you with the treats? She offered with a slight tilt of her head. Slowly she stood back up, shaking back out the thickest of her fur. A honey cloud lost in the willow trees.

Inactive No Rank
Daegal Archer

To Daegal's delight she promised soon, and he hoped she meant really soon. She was nice. Even better, she shared her own name - Venus. He liked that name. It sounded nice, like her.

With a smile and a tail wave he directed his paws back toward home, beckoning for her to follow. When they'd reached the border he paused and looked back to her. "Jus' don't get lost again, 'kay?" he said, then turned into the territory and dashed off to find his mom.

FADE