(See All?) Announcements
545 Users Online
Google, Sage, Nia

and while our bloods still young — Pastel Highlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Random Event: An ice storm has weighed down some of the older trees in The Heart, lookout for falling trees and branches!
For @Seri and @Sage only.

It was the first time that he began to recognize the terrain they were in, and it made his chest swell with fondness. Home. They were almost back home. He looked to Seri, hoping to gauge from his expression whether or not he noticed it too, if he felt the same way. Things had happened in the Lore that had been rough for both of them, but his best friend had certainly gone through far worse. Eros hoped it hadn't been enough to make him dread returning...

Then he motioned for the trio to stop. It was a good point at which to rest, he thought. On the edge of forest and what had once been a a field of wildflowers was also a good place to shelter, especially given everything was completely coated in ice. It was almost eerie, the way no flakes of snow were able to be whipped up into the way. The entire expanse ahead was just still instead.

Eros turned to face them both and grinned.

"This is it. We know this place. Remember, Ser'? We're almost to the Backwater, Sage. Just like, what, a few days more?"
(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2023, 01:15 AM by Eros.)
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

It was bittersweet, returning to the Lore… knowing his mother was but a distant memory and his father was gone and buried. It still left a pang in his heart, despite not truly knowing his father. Apart from that, Seri was glad to be back… their time on the road had been long, and they had not found any signs of Vayjo or Vanadis, though he had truly hoped to find them if only for Eros’s sake.

Their adventures had been grand, and Seri would linger on the memories despite the groups of floozies that Eros had found along the way, none of them good enough for his best friend. Either way, even that mattered little. Sage had joined them, Seri finding himself more comfortable with speaking with both of them than anyone else who had, even temporarily, joined their party.

He looked around the field, a smile on his face as he nodded to his friend. “Yeah, I remember this place.” He would offer, more reserved since his father’s death… better than he had been but still more of a quiet soul rather than the regular boists of questions that he had been before. “I reckon it’s two or three… might be good to stop here for a bit, get a lay of the land again.” It had been a good amount of time.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
some fairy tales are more than true

Sage followed closely behind the pair, staring off into the distance. Everything around them had frozen over from a storm. The girl observed the scene in silent awe. It was eerie how still the world was, and yet she found beauty in the landscape. "Huh?" The yearling mumbled out in a confused tone. She had been daydreaming, mind full of racing thoughts that bounced around within her head. "Oh" She almost whispered, looking down sheepishly. She was a little embarrassed to have been so engrossed with her imagination. She laid down near them, curling into a tight little ball. Her delicate face resting on her hip as green eyes watched the males. Her fluffy winter tail wagging softly.

The yearling listened to their conversation curiously, eager to finally reach their destination. Would it be a place she'd finally fit in? Sage was excited for the chance of a new home, a fresh start, but she'd be a liar to say she wasn't nervous. Rejection. The thought of such a thing forming a pit in her belly. Her travel companions could not know wether their family would like her, she felt no need to ask them. Or maybe they would know? The question felt silly and her maw remained shut. She was happy to rest but even more so that they were nearing the Blackwater.

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Eros Valle
"Definitely," Eros agreed, plunking his tawny hindquarters down into the snow. While he'd missed his family and home, the young Valle couldn't say he was exactly in a rush to get back. What if they weren't there when he got back, and he had to face a reality where he never saw his mother again? Every time the worry began to bubble up, he tried to swallow it down and tell himself that home was where they had to be.

He distracted himself with focusing on how quiet their new friend was being. She settled in, and he lowered onto his own chest as well, citrus eyes watching her curiously.

"You okay, Sage?"
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

Seri was glad that his friend seemed to agree, hearing Sage mumble as he blinked for a moment before he realized that she had zoned out a bit. He simply offered her a goofish smile in return, wrinkling his nose for a moment until he noticed that something was off here… or more of, Eros noticed and brought it to his attention indirectly by asking her what was wrong.

“Eros’s dad will love you, and so will the rest of the pack.” He stated, wondering if maybe it was nearing Eros and Seri’s home that was making her nervous. He knew as he drew closer he was growing more nervous so perhaps it was mere projection instead. “They’re super accepting like that… I turned up at the borders having never been in a pack before, barely knowing how to take care of myself in the middle of a drought and they welcomed me with open paws, you know.” Of course, he had also been a pup at the time, and abandoned by his mother.

Sage Hervok

The girl lay there quietly, listening to the two converse. She felt nervous butterflies when the attention was brought to her. Not the good kind, either. Sage wasn't the biggest fan of being the center of attention. It had never led to good things in the past. She didn't want to answer Eros's question, and thankfully Seri spoke before she could.

Sage cast her green gaze onto him with a forced smile. How can you be so sure? She thought, wanting to believe him, but hesitant in her friend's belief. As he went on to share his story she paid him her full attention, pale ears pressed forward. "Oh, that's very gracious of them." She whispered back politely.

"What are the wolves there like? They sound nice, but I dunno...." Self-doubt laced her words and insecurity weighed on her heart.

"She speaks" She walks She thinks

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Eros Valle
Seri was quick to begin assuring their friend, Eros' maw housing a small smile as he listened to the other teen speak. He too was confident that the Backwater would find no reason to oust Sage or otherwise make her feel unwanted, but of course hearing and seeing were two different things. She might not be able to quell her anxieties until all was said and done, no matter what the boys said to comfort her.

They sound nice, but I dunno...

The Valle couldn't help but laugh, a good-natured sound that rang out briefly.

"I mean, they have their moments, like anyone else."

He certainly wouldn't claim his family was perfect. Still, he was proud of them and wouldn't choose any other group of wolves.

"But don't worry, even if they do get grumpy about something, they'll just direct it at me, not you."
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

He had been anxious even after he had joined the Backwater. Viorel had looked upon him in a run down state and opened up their home to him without any hesitation. The Backwater was a haven for him and others like him, and Sage was like him in that regard. Eros knew it to be true, so did Seri.

She would see when they arrived at the Backwater. “If you ever have a question, just ask. They prefer questions to doing something and messing up so if you doubt, just ask.” He added, recalling the in-depth conversation he had with Sharlee when he was first learning how to function as a member of a pack, since he had been born and raised a loner foreign to all of the pack structures.

Sage Hervok
Last from Sage if you're ready to wrap it up! :)

Sage turned to look at Eros when he laughed, cocking her head with a soft smile. She chuckled nervously at his comment, nodding her head in agreeance. What came from him next caught the female off guard, a snorty laugh escaping her. The Hervok grinned more freely, "Hopefully not too often." She didn't want him honestly in trouble despite the humorous words.

Green eyes returned to Seri. She listened intently, repeating in her mind if you doubt, just ask. "Got it, thanks, guys." With that she yawned and rested her head down. Content to simply listen to them if the conversation continued."She speaks" She walks She thinks

Eros Valle
"Of course," he answered, tail thumping the ground rhythmically as it wagged.

"Anytime you wanna talk, just find one of us, okay?"

Eros didn't feel any unease about speaking for Seri in this matter. The other teen's actions just now in comforting Sage proved as much, but beyond that the Valle also knew his friend. He thought about others, gave them his time, earnestly listened. Between the two of them, Eros hoped that their new friend would feel she had an adequate security net. Of course, he couldn't know just how bad things had gotten back home...

"Hey Ser, remember that time with the geese?"

Maybe a lighthearted story would put them all at ease so that they could rest. Eros launched into the tale animatedly.