(See All?) Announcements
253 Users Online
Google, Bing

A Fool's Mistake [M] — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 84 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Luca Denahi
Quote:Look here comes the consequence, consequence, consequence. Consequences of my actions chasing me right now. I don't want no consequence, consequence, consequence. I don't want no consequences chasing me right now.

AW to whoever wants to hop in, but please give @Jethro @Flair first grabs (if they desire to join). Heads up- puking.
tw: Skin picking

It had been a few days of him hiding his face from the pack. He hadn't been far, sticking close to the border and burying himself in hunting. He thought of not coming back at all that morning. He was no coward though, and Jethro deserved to know of his wrongdoings. He considered smearing himself in the feces of other animals and then washing off somewhere...but that felt like a big fat lie. Also, cowardly. Perhaps his hanging back was cowardly. Heck, maybe it was him. Maybe he was just a coward.

Luca was plagued with guilt and anxiety. It bore down on him like a heavy weight in his chest. The lower portions of his front legs, not quite to his paw, were bald and scabby from nerves. He'd picked at them with his incisors on and off when he wasn't hunting. He hardly slept. Hadn't eaten.

The man was either daydreaming of his Snowdrop or plagued with the dread of what was to come. He didn't want to leave Paradise Falls. He was willing to do whatever was asked of him to redeem himself. Anything...but being alone again. His stomach churned uneasily. His sides heaved. It was a reaction to stress and nothing came from his maw. He was a wreck. He had caused this. Brought it upon himself.

Luca sat uneasily near the cache he'd made just right inside of the borders. For the moment it was uncovered and freshly topped off with another hare. He wasn't sure how many were in there. Just knew it wasn't one, or two, or even three. Some were small and pathetic, young ones he'd manage to grab. Others were worthwhile and a display of the effort he'd put into his insomnia hunt.

Although weaker now the pretty lady's perfume clung to his grey pelt. The fact of which now felt like a curse. He'd given into an instinct he'd never faced before and wished to never cross again. The thought of @Enera suffering as his mother had caused the male to double over with bile dripping from his lips.

"HE SPEAKS"

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2023, 09:21 PM by Luca.)
Played by Molo who has 452 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
He’d been.. distracted a lot as of late. There’d been so very much plaguing his mind, though all in all, things had seem to have been looking up. With the return of Flair and Chan, and his night spent with Fin, it’d taken a little while for him to notice. But something was off with Luca and his behavior.

Jethro had always known the younger man to be sociable, present amongst the wolves of the falls and within the heart of their territory. But for the last several days, he hadn’t been. He had been sticking to the fringes, and that had the dark one worried. He wasn’t naive, either. Nor unaware of the temptations the season presented, especially now.

Whatever was going on with him needed to be addressed. Although Jet had been the one to recruit the man, if it was something bad, his co-lead deserved the chance to address the matter too.

They’d headed out together to find their wayward packmate. A task that, thankfully, didn’t take a particularly long time. And as the two of them closed, Luca’s state appeared rather pitiful. He looked fatigued and was doubled over as if in pain. But beyond that, he.. also appeared to have nearly picked off all of the fur on the lower portion of his forelimbs, for they were bald and slightly bleeding or scabby.

Jethro's first thought was that maybe he was ill, but a quick breath, a taste of scent, suggested otherwise. He smelled of an unfamiliar woman. The scent was faded, but undeniable. A lot of things clicked into place with that.

And then a whole host of emotions threatened to overtake Jet at that, but he checked them, and cast a quick glance at his co-lead. As if to say, or ask, let me try, first.

”Luca. Please tell me this isn’t what I think it is.”

-- @Flair when you've got the time :o
Played by PuppyThief who has 363 posts.
Paradise Falls VI. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

She wasn’t quite sure what she’d expected to come home to; it wasn’t a big surprise that Siyet had been hurt and chosen to leave, she supposed, especially with Jet choosing to move forwards with Finley, but Flair had still hoped they could work it all out peacefully. Yet, the younger woman’s scent had almost faded entirely by the time Flair and Chan had finally made it back, and she’d guessed the reason even before speaking to Jethro.

However, Siyet was not the only one seemingly absent from The Falls’ territory, their newest member had been scarce as well – leaving his mark only on the caches he continued to fill. When Jethro approached with his concern, Flair instantly shared it, trusting his instincts about the other male and heading with him to search along the border.

What they found was a truly miserable sight, bad enough to make the fiery woman recoil, every instinct telling her to keep away from the sickly looking wolf. Only the scent, blowing towards her mixed with the stench of bile and blood, proved that Luca’s state was his own doing. Her hackles rose, teeth baring in anger and disgust. Only Jethro’s look kept her from laying into the ashy man right then, though a low rumble resonated in her throat as she nodded stiffly at her companion, making her position on the matter quite clear.

”Speech" Thoughts
Lone Wolf No Rank
Luca Denahi

His stalling was coming to an end. He could smell the leaders' before he could see them. The male slunk forward away from the pile of rabbits. He lowered himself so that his belly brushed across the ground and stopped his approach a respectful distance from the pair. His tail was tucked firmly to his underside, the male whimpering softly.

He winced at Flair's intense reaction and with his ears pulled back, eyes adverted from their gaze he crawled forward to lick the underside of the alpha's chins submissively. Whining for the duration of the behavior and wagging his tail between his hind legs. Then he pulled back to fully lower himself to the ground groveling. Luca could feel his body tense inadvertently once he was addressed by Jethro. His mouth went dry, his throat tightened, and his heart dropped to his gut.

The dark man's words pained him. The male squeezed his eyes shut,"There is no excuse for what I've done."

Played by Molo who has 452 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
He was angry, confused, but most of all saddened by what he saw in front of him. Another glance at Flair revealed her disposition, along with the low rumble - but she nodded, an agreement to let him speak, first.

Luca answered, then, that there was no excuse for what he’d done. Jethro nodded, though it didn’t look like the other man was paying attention. ”You’re damn right,” he responded, the words containing a mixture of anger and sadness. He’d been betrayed by someone he’d trusted. Someone he’d thought was a friend. And in this situation, there was really only one way this could end.

Jet took a breath, steadied his emotions, took two more steps forth, and then spoke again. ”I want y’to think carefully, ‘cause there’s only one correct answer to what I’m gonna ask next. If you’re still the man I thought y’were, you’ll know.” He paused there, hoping the words would sink in.

”That question is, what’re you gonna do now?” This was Luca’s only chance to leave and perhaps maintain a shred of dignity, something the dark one hoped the groveling male would realize. Jet didn’t want to be that guy. But he would, if he had to. He certainly wouldn’t try to stop @Flair, either, if Luca answered with something other than what they both expected.

He didn’t even know if he’d be able to stop himself.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Luca Denahi

The groveling wolf winced at the harshness of his friend, his alpha's voice. He squeezed his eyes tightly together winning before briefly glancing up at the man. He wanted to apologize and beg for forgiveness, but there was something different about Jethro at that moment. More intimidating than before when he was first issued the warning not to mate. His stomach churned. If it were at all possible, the man lowered himself more when the darker wolf approached to loom over him. Staying low he offered his underside, watching from the corner of his wide eyes.

The man continued to speak, Luca's mind processing the threat carefully. It was evident there was no going back from his mistake. No starting at the lowest. No making it up to them. His heart sank knowing he'd be alone again. The friends he'd made here, while not many, would likely hate him. What had he done to them? His pack? To himself even?

What was he going to do now? His options were limited. He couldn't stay at Paradise Falls, Jet's tone confirmed that without him having to ask. He could go look for his brothers...but no, that wasn't what was being asked of him. Bittersweetly he thought of sweet Snowdrop, @Enera , and the answer was clear. "I'm going to find her." His voice came out stronger than he'd intended, determined.

He hadn't been dismissed yet and stayed where he was, looking at Jet sadly, "I'm sorry." He looked to Flair, in hopes she'd understand his apology for for her too...and all of the Paradise wolves.

"HE SPEAKS"